Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. (1031 Views)

What Does This Mail From Shell Mean Biko? / Shell To Sack 10,000 Workers - Capital Post / Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by idrisalomagold(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
Please help me Out Urgently. Please A friend of mine (an Elderly man) submitted my CV to Shell Nigeria and I was Contacted to attach Safety and maritime Certificate immediately. I called to inform him but he said it is training program. The message sent is hereby attached. Please how do I get the certificate. Or is this message fake?

Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by idrisalomagold(m): 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
Nairalanders! Please help me out on time.
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by ifeoluwasegun(m): 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
To me, it still looks like genuine... it starts to be fake until you're being requested to pay any kind of fee, no matter how small or when you're asked to disseminate any vital information which isn't part of the subject matter.
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by idrisalomagold(m): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:
To me, it still looks like genuine... it starts to be fake until you're being requested to pay any kind of fee, no matter how small or when you're asked to disseminate any vital information which isn't part of the subject matter.
This issue of money comes in when I called him and he told me a man can help but he requested to take money before the certificate could be issued. and that I will have to be attending the training every Saturday when I am taken. I pleaded to let me pay the money after receiving the first month Salary but the certificate man declined the offer.And I as a person cannot pay a dime.
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by zik4ever: 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
Op, it is confirmed fraud. Please all be guided accordingly -Shell NEVER asks for money for recruitment and has no HRM in Abuja.
http://www.shell.com/global/aboutshell/careers/recruitment-scams.html
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by ifeoluwasegun(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2015
idrisalomagold:
This issue of money comes in when I called him and he told me a man can help but he requested to take money before the certificate could be issued. a land that I will have to be attending the training every Saturday when I am taken. I pleaded to let me pay the money after receiving the first month Salary but the certificate man declined the offer.And I as a person cannot pay a dime.

After the assurance that it's a confirmed fraud, I want to point something out from the text message screenshot.

From the sender, did you saved the contact with that name SHELL NIG or you just saw it like that? All I know that companies will never use a bulk sms and/or customize their sender ID for purposes like this.

The contact of the sender must be shown perhaps for response!
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by idrisalomagold(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:

After the assurance that it's a confirmed fraud, I want to point something out from the text message screenshot.

From the sender, did you saved the contact with that name SHELL NIG or you just saw it like that? All I know that companies will never use a bulk sms and/or customize their sender ID for purposes like this.

The contact of the sender must be shown perhaps for response!
No I did not save any number. The Message came just like the way FirsBank will do when sending alert to customers. Their is no number to even reply to.
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by ifeoluwasegun(m): 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
idrisalomagold:
No I did not save any number. The Message came just like the way FirsBank will do when sending alert to customers. Their is no number to even reply to.

Now 100% confirmed! That is a bulk sms way of customizing sender ID.
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by CrazyMan(m): 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2015
Keep doing what they ask you to do; until they start asking for cash. If they eventually do, no matter how calculated or well packaged they present it, just forget about them and move on cos it would be very obvious that its definitely a scam.

Good luck.
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by CrazyMan(m): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
idrisalomagold:
This issue of money comes in when I called him and he told me a man can help but he requested to take money before the certificate could be issued. and that I will have to be attending the training every Saturday when I am taken. I pleaded to let me pay the money after receiving the first month Salary but the certificate man declined the offer.And I as a person cannot pay a dime.
Oops, they're already asking for money. Its definitely a scam.

Don't let your desperation for a job allow you become a victim to these heartless scammers.

You're in dire need of a job, economize the little money you have, use it to sponsor yourself in searching for more genuine jobs.

Good luck.
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by idrisalomagold(m): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
CrazyMan:
Keep doing what they ask you to do; until they start asking for cash. If they eventually do, no matter how calculated or well packaged they present it, just forget about them and move on cos it would be very obvious that its definitely a scam.

Good luck.
Thank u very much. I was even thinking that if at all they want to really employ me, the company should be able to train me first before being introduced to the system properly since it is not part of Academic Certificate.
Re: Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. by idrisalomagold(m): 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
CrazyMan:

Oops, they're already asking for money. Its definitely a scam.

Don't let your desperation for a job allow you become a victim to these heartless scammers.

You're in dire need of a job, economize the little money you have, use it to sponsor yourself in searching for more genuine jobs.

Good luck.
Thank you man. I really appreciate your advice. Even if they cut me, I don't think I have blood to drop let alone money.

(1) (Reply)

AFRICAN EVENT Company Ltd / Save My Unemployed Life / Look At D Way Ds Guy Dressed Selling Pure Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.