Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

The Will Of God - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Will Of God (409 Views)

Men Of God Have Become Lovers Of Worldly Materials And Wealth- Dino Melaye / "Amaechi Can't Bribe Judges, He Is A True Child Of God" - Rivers APC / Fayose Leads Special Prayers With Various Men Of God - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Will Of God by anpaf: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2015
Any believer knows the will of God always surpasses our own will. No matter how we struggle to change the course of action, the will of God will eventually prevail. Christians surrender to the will of their own God, Muslims surrender to the will of their own God, Hindis surrender to the will of their own God, etc.

Curiosity has led to me ask; “how do we know the will of God?” Is it that we realize it is the will of god when we can’t help the situation or there is always some amount of revelations along the line that would make us retreat and surrender to the will of God?
My questions raised above might sound crazy to some but may sound intelligent to others. Today, I followed a good number believers to know how the will of God is revealed and they told me how they know when it the will of god.

The first person I encountered told me that if it is not the will of God, the incident would have started in the first place. Another person told me it is the will of god when you look round and you can’t find a solution to the situation.

And then again, the response of the first person struck me and inspired this article. I went further to ask him if he usually pray for a change of situation which he assured me that there is nothing you can achieve without prayers. I came up with a case study, I asked him “Assuming your car is parked at one corner and all of a sudden, it started rolling with no human or any external force acting on it, would you let it roll till it stops since it wouldn’t have started if it not the will of God”. He quickly resorted “the will of God cannot come in such manner, that is Satan at work”. I was short of words.

I reasoned since nothing happens without God approving of it, it is only rational to think that the car started rolling on the approval God hence, it should be allowed to role since we all encourage the will of God to trump every other will.
After my investigation, I came to realize that human always look for an excuse for their incapacitations, instead of growing the courage to admit s/he has his/her hands tied, s/he would attribute it to the will of god.

During my investigation, I realized nobody really give a hoot about the will of God. We are only shy to accept our limitations. My study revealed that if somebody’s store is on fire and he tries to put out the fire, and God appears at the scene, telling the person to let it burn that it is his will that the store burns, such person would quickly label God an evil for force, Satan. He would say that is Satan speaking not God. The hypocrisy in accepting the will of God is just our way of submitting to our inability to keep the situation under control.

If a believer’s child is sick and at the point of death, I bet everything in me, that the believer would never accept as the will of God, the death of his child when there is an affordable treatment for the situation even if God appears to the believer to inform him of his will to have the child die.
In conclusion, before you submit to the will of God, first ask yourself if you would accept the will God if there was a solution and God says to you to leave the solution and allow the disaster that it is his will.

http://www.knowledgeshamba.com/the-will-of-god/
Re: The Will Of God by orunto27: 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2015
You haven't worked well or read well for an exam but prayed to pass and failed, your conscience will tell you what you did wrong. That conscience is the Will of God. Jesus Christ prayed that the Cup might pass over Him but His Conscience, The Will of God in Him, told Him the purpose of His mission. That was Gods Will.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Boss To Remove EFCC Boss / Buhari is aware of federal character - Adesina / Another Lie From Laid Muhammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.