Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation (2637 Views)

NYSC: What You Need To Know About Rivers State Orientation Camp / NYSC Orientation Camp Questions & Answers By Pcms / Ebonyi Corper Shares His Orientation Camp Experience – A Corper’s Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by mezebel(f): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2015
NYSC ORIENTATION CAMP PREPARATION
Youths Obey the Clarion Call!!!!!!

MIND PREPARATION
You need to prepare your mind that you are leaving home for a regimented life in the camp. Life in the camp is deliberately made stressful so as to prepare you for any challenge that may confront you outside the camp. You will not find it too comfortable, it' s a camp and not your house! Just be ready for anything....

ITEMS YOU WILL NEED
1. Very Important Ones
a. Statement of Result
b. School ID Card
c. Passport photographs (10 pieces)
d. Call-Up Letter (DO NOT laminate it please).

NB: Get 5 photocopies each of items A,B, and D above along with originals...
2. Important Ones ( For your Convenience)
a. Two or three white T-shirts and shorts (You will be given two sets but may not be enough for you in 3weeks).
b. Two or three pairs of socks and a white rubber tennis shoes or canvass.
c. Bathroom slippers and Dettol
d. A plastic bucket (You can buy it in the camp) and a permanent marker.
e. Sponge and its case, bath-soap and detergent
f. Bedsheet, towel and two pairs of casual wear, (and a mosquitoe net if you feel like) Just have them for Sundays and Fridays.
g. Waist bag (very very important for housing your phones, ID Cards, Handkerchief, biros, etc)
h. Small-sized Torchlight/ Rechargeable lamp (small one please)
i. Cooler (not a party cooler please) cup and spoon. Fork is not allowed
j. Ladies could add any other few conveniences. I believe you understand me
k. Money! Money! Money! Hold good cash depending on how you spend...

GO EARLY!
Even if the camp is on your street, go early. If you are posted to a far state, go the day before the camp opens. They will allow you in. Going late will make you go through registration stress!!!

SCREENING
It starts at the gate. They dont want u to bring in prohibited items like iron, knive, heater, fork etc.

REGISTRATION
The first one is for hostel/ bedspace. Then the paper registrations proper. Make everything ready. Look out for information pasted on walls. Follow instructions strictly...

YOUR KITS
During the registration, you will get your kits - shirts, shorts, etc. Use the marker to write your State Code Number on them. You will be given a meal ticket. Misplace it and forget about NYSC food

DURATION
You will be in the camp for 20 full days. The 21st day is the day you will leave camp...

THERE YOU GO!
Immediately you have your kits, only your T-shirt and shorts with the tennis shoe are allowed on you. No room for casual wears. Parade/ marching training starts immediately. The soldiers will not give you breathing space at all. You will have the first one that same Day One...

YOUR MORNINGS
A small trumpet wakes you at 4:00am. Everybody gathers at the Parade Ground at 5:00am. You have your praise, worship and prayer the Christian and Muslim ways. Till the day breaks finally, breakfast follows!
After eating, you will be called out again for the series of programmes lined up for you. Then you have your lunch. Rest a little and you are out again for evening parade. Then later your dinner. This will repeat itself everyday perhaps except on Sunday...

SOLDIERS
Hmmm, Obey them pls. They can punish you. No walking, its all jogging when they call u. Dont prostrate or kneel down greeting a soldier. Do it the soldier way. They could be friendly anyway. Be wise!!!

ALLOWEE
Your first allowance will be given to you in the camp cash. All other ones will be through the bank. You will get Bicycle Allowance.

PHOTOGRAPHY
Photographers are ready to snap you every minute. Manage your cash...

NOW, YOU ARE ABOUT GOING OUT OF THE CAMP YOUR POSTING
You will be posted from the camp to where you will work. The place you work in is called your Place of Primary Assignment (PPA). Hear this: most Corpers, I mean about 90% of the Corpers will be posted to schools (especially primary and secondary schools). Only VERY FEW will be posted to the universities, polytechnics, colleges, ministries and parastatals.

Please! Don't lobby for your posting. Don't pay ANYBODY for assistance. Pray rather than pay... Receive the shocking or expected posting as you receive your letters with joy. It's a clarion call to service; that's what we call it....

GOING OUT: TRANSPORTATION
When you get your Posting Letter, the first place to go to is your PPA.
Please, when you leave the camp, 'home-sweet-home' ­ will be on your mind, having been used up in the camp, but please, don't go home straight. Please!
Very few of your employers (i.e. PPAs) will send down vehicles to convey you from the camp to their work places... Commercial transporters will likely be available at the gate too...

ACCOMMODATION
You don't know anybody in Gusau, Awka, Jalingo or Ekiti! Where will you sleep on the first day? The Muslim Corpers' Association of Nigeria (MCAN) and Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship(NCCF) will give you a TEMPORARY accommodation pending the time you will HAVE TO GET YOURS. You could be lucky if your employer gives you a room... Many of them don't give Corpers accommodation anyway. So be prepared to rent one at your cost. Your first 'allowee' which you received in the camp is already going down!!!

REGISTRATIONS
This is why you don't have to go home straight. Your registration at the NYSC Office in the Local Govt you will be posted to, is important. Failure to complete it before going home is the beginning of a Corper's cup of tea. You may begin to have problems with your subsequent monthly allowances. Do all registrations first. Then you can take permission to go home...
Corpers weeee!!!!!! Answer, waaaaa!!!!!
Source: NYSC website

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by mezebel(f): 8:53am On Aug 27, 2015
Seun pls do justice to this my post for the first time.
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by DEXTROVERT: 9:03am On Aug 27, 2015
I thought it's scrapped
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by eyenibibio(m): 9:17am On Aug 27, 2015
Very helpful post, Lala, pls do the needful.
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by Realfiness(m): 9:21am On Aug 27, 2015
DEXTROVERT:
I thought it's scrapped
Na u scrap am? all of you clamouring for NYSC to be scrapped shud knw that this program hlps many ppl o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2015
Nice write up cool

It's just that I'm bothered about the toilet in the camp.
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by dejt4u(m): 9:32am On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks for posting these tips.. Really helpful
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2015
Nice cool
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by Macdove02(m): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2015
Realfiness:

Na u scrap am? all of you clamouring for NYSC to be scrapped shud knw that this program hlps many ppl o.
Help as how....Come to Abuja and see how corpers dey suffer. I still have friends looking for Ppa
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by Folabimi(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2015
Waaaaa!!! cheesy
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by Olami90: 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
chigo93:

It's just that I'm bothered about the toilet in the camp.

Lol...... U can go with ur potty or toilet na grin at least u'r goin with plate nd spoon.

Btw Op, nice one...ur post is detailed and gonna be helpful. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by Solomonodimegwu(m): 10:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Very good info, thanks op
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by activelyA(f): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
Following....
Really useful post...
Using your list to pack already... smiley
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by willyblinx(m): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
Nice one.. I will be back to read it again when it's time to leave for camp.. thanks
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by olawaleplus(m): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
Bookmarked...
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by henrixx(m): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
mezebel:
Seun pls do justice to this my post for the first time.
u mean we will keep wearing the white nd white everyday morning till night?
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by castro316: 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
henrixx:
u mean we will keep wearing the white nd white everyday morning till night?

Henry what's up yeah ur right and ur cap must not leave ur head when u r outside ur hostell grin
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by henrixx(m): 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
castro316:

Henry what's up yeah ur right and ur cap must not leave ur head when u r outside ur hostell grin
yekpa!!!
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by toyomars(m): 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
I looking forward to serve next year but my documents are not complete for Nysc, will it be an issue if I don't show up with all my documents at the camp?
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by Hobowobo(f): 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
20 days to go #callupletter
Re: Nysc Orientation Camp Preparation by Welcomme: 7:19am On Oct 02, 2015
make i book land here.

looking forward to Feb next year.

(1) (Reply)

Weird Response I Got After Uploading My Pic On NYSC Portal / Influence Of ''states Visited'' On Pcm Final Posting. / How Do I Solve 'matric No In Use' Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.