Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC (21559 Views)

NYSC Opens Portal For Batch B Registration / Join NYSC 2018 Batch A Nd B Whatsap Group / Join NYSC 2018 Batch A Nd B Whatsap Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by eyenibibio(m): 9:06am On Aug 27, 2015
Abeokuta— Former president Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, said he would have loved to participate in the National Youth Service Corps, but was disqualified because of his age. Obasanjo who is an alumnus of National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN bagging a degree in Theology, said; ”Somebody wrote me a letter when he got to know that I have graduated from NOUN, he wanted me to do national youth service, but unfortunately for him there is age limit.”

The former President, who was decorated as grand patron of NOUN Alumni Association at a meeting with the executives of the NOUN Alumni Association, led by Mr Phil Colman, President and Mr Ayeni Olutope, Southwest Vice-President at his Hilltop residence, in Abeokuta. Obasanjo, in his remarks said the establishment of NOUN, has presented a unique opportunity for Nigerians to have access to higher education in the country.

He also said that the academic and professional issues surrounding the accreditation of law course being offered at the NOUN by the National University Commission and the Nigerian Law School would soon be resolved. He added that law graduates of the University would have opportunity to undergo compulsory one year programme at Nigerian Law School.

The Ogun State chairman of NOUNAA, Chief Bode Mustapha, in his remarks urged Nigerians to make use of the NOUN opportunity. He stated that the institution now boasts of a royal father, the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona as a law student and Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, former governor of Osun State as student of Theology.

The South West vice president of NOUN, Olutope Ayeni, in his remarks said it was the institution that afforded him the opportunity of university education.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/how-age-limit-disqualified-me-from-youth-corps-obasanjo/#sthash.ZWFBCxR1.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by eyenibibio(m): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2015
Stelvin101:
The day dis man will die, I will trek from Warri to wherever he will be buried and spit on his grave. that's the level of hatred I have for him. old F00l angry
voltron:
trying to live out the rest of his life in absent-mindedness.. your sins will follow you to your grave old man tongue grin
HINCO:
Obasnjo is a funny old baboon
Ion know why pple will hate someone like this!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by meek2stylee(m): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2015
who wrote the request or is it another means of getting to the media

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by powerfulsettingz: 9:36am On Aug 27, 2015
He for join na some one like Obasanjo are those promoting that shabby school called noun

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by phayvoursky(m): 9:36am On Aug 27, 2015
THIS MAN WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER AS AN ENTERTAINER.

GOD BLESS YOU AS CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON.

25 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by fajesito(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2015
........Since NYSC has no monetary attachment, if billions were involved, he wouldn't have been disqualified undecided

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by hotswagg12: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2015
Okay
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by Macdove02(m): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Mtchew....
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by kennyman2000(m): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2015
Hmmmm.. And some people were trying to rubbish the school here sometimes ago...

Whatever rubbish u want to say about the school, go and tell that to OBJ..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by irepmyuniben: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2015
Where is Lady F and introvert? I'm a huge fan

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by obontami: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2015
ibotic what do have to say about this ??

BTW what is hell is the matter i ve been creating cool threads all this while and the mods refuse to push it to the front page

i smell partiality here
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by Ybnm4life(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2015
Baba you are better off as You no dop NYSC... There are so many people who would have loved to have switch position with you...
No be birth right...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by appini: 9:40am On Aug 27, 2015
They are all opportunist of the first order.
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by maxiuc(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2015
Who knows how he wil loook in that khaki

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by megawax8: 9:40am On Aug 27, 2015
Errrrrrm, when did Those from NOUN start going for NYSC in the first place? Or was he under thirty when he got in?

#AttentionSeeker

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by alabiyemmy(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2015
This man just want to be in the news.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by redcliff: 9:41am On Aug 27, 2015
[s]
eyenibibio:
Lalasticlala, pls do the needful.
Btw, Obasanjo will be greatly missed when he passes on. This is a man that keeps the polity on heat.
[/s]

Nonsense talk.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by Godwinfrank1: 9:41am On Aug 27, 2015
He for join na
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by FrankValency(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2015
NYSC oya post Baba to this village u posted me to without light since January and no network,make him teach for one year,their is
God o.

Check my signature for ur PREMIUM BULK SMS services.
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by Uncleodi(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by qualityovenbake(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2015
Hmm! Did he attend lectures? Did he write exams? Just wondering!
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by misterchris(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2015
Does it mean that he didnt have his Nysc cert. And he was able to clinch the number one job in Nigeria? #EmptyC.V

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by Sweetcollins: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2015
I thought you are unstoppable...
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by eleko1: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2015
grin Ebora Owu,the Fada of Jona.Thnk God!Pa Aremu nOr go service,he for ddey report His Zi and dos who abscond
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:43am On Aug 27, 2015
Veto yourself into it na.

Baba oni baba
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2015
And NYSC is still very compulsory
Re: Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2015
The day dis man will die, I will trek from Warri to wherever he will be buried and spit on his grave. that's the level of hatred I have for him. old F00l angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashion Designing Vs Hair Dressing Which Is More Profitable? / KOGI STATE B'15 - Let's Meet Here / Sierra Leone Understudies Nigeria’s NYSC Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.