Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Our Biggest Book Pet Peeves - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Our Biggest Book Pet Peeves (417 Views)

The Unwanted Pet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Biggest Book Pet Peeves by connectikut89(m): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2015

15 of Your Biggest Book Pet Peeves

Posted by Hayley Igarashi on August 22, 2015

Last week we asked on Facebook and on Twitter: What's your biggest book pet peeve?* Check out the top answers below!

1. "Peeps who leave crumbs behind between pages!! #eew" (Joyce B)

2. "When publishers change book covers mid-series! Biggest book pet peeve EVER…"(Amanda White)

3. "My Kindle battery dying!" (Hannah DesWonn)

4. "Seeing someone turn a book inside out by folding it in half while they read. The front and back should never meet!" (Mopsy Prewett)

5. "People who forget that they borrowed a book from you." (Nadia Malik)

6. "When someone rips out the pages of a book. How is the book supposed to make any sense when there are missing pages in it?" (Trish Welsh)

7. "Those strange mystery stains that are usually found between the pages of library books. Did someone spill coffee? Or slash their fingers open with a paper cut? Who knows?" (Traci Mccarty)

8. "Highlighting! Who are these savages?" (Anna Moloney)

9. "Library books last read by a nose picker." (Grace Minnick Hickox)

10. "Paperback covers that delaminate and warped hardcovers." (Paul Wichert)

11. "Dropping books in the toilet. Not that it's ever happened to me…" (Devyn Price)

12. "Broken spines are okay, unless it's a SINGLE crack right in the middle of the spine. That's the WORST." (Charlie)

13. "Dog-eared pages drive me crazy." (Elizabeth Newby)

14. "Sand stuck between pages from reading on the beach." (Ellen)

15. "Movie edition book covers…shudder." (Hollie Ruthless)

*And for those of you who have zero pet peeves, maybe Chhandra Bewtra can speak for you: "None. A book is precious, even with disfigurements."

Now my pet peeve: Those who borrow your book and lend it to another without your consent undecided cry

Feel free to add yours cool

(1) (Reply)

Poem : Thoughts Within And Without / Determination / Exiling Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.