Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

How Age Limit Disqualified Me From Youth Corps – Obasanjo - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Age Limit Disqualified Me From Youth Corps – Obasanjo (742 Views)

Age Limit For NYSC. / Nysc Online Reg: Everything You Need Before You Register | Age Limit Solved! / NYSC Age Limit Verification Via WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Age Limit Disqualified Me From Youth Corps – Obasanjo by Visocrate(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
Abeokuta— Former president Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, said he would have loved to participate in the National Youth Service Corps, but was disqualified because of his age. Obasanjo who is an alumnus of National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN bagging a degree in Theology, said; ”Somebody wrote me a letter when he got to know that I have graduated from NOUN, he wanted me to do national youth service, but unfortunately for him there is age limit.”
The former President, who was decorated as grand patron of NOUN Alumni Association at a meeting with the executives of the NOUN Alumni Association, led by Mr Phil Colman, President and Mr Ayeni Olutope, Southwest Vice-President at his Hilltop residence, in Abeokuta. Obasanjo, in his remarks said the establishment of NOUN, has presented a unique opportunity for Nigerians to have access to higher education in the country.
He also said that the academic and professional issues surrounding the accreditation of law course being offered at the NOUN by the National University Commission and the Nigerian Law School would soon be resolved. He added that law graduates of the University would have opportunity to undergo compulsory one year programme at Nigerian Law School.
The Ogun State chairman of NOUNAA, Chief Bode Mustapha, in his remarks urged Nigerians to make use of the NOUN opportunity. He stated that the institution now boasts of a royal father, the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona as a law student and Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, former governor of Osun State as student of Theology.
The South West vice president of NOUN, Olutope Ayeni, in his remarks said it was the institution that afforded him the opportunity of university education.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/how-age-limit-disqualified-me-from-youth-corps-obasanjo/#sthash.MVVsyPlJ.dpuf

Re: How Age Limit Disqualified Me From Youth Corps – Obasanjo by psucc(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Baba now is a graduate after his stint at the presidency.

This is also a tract Bihari should take after his second touch at the presidency. But he must first complete his secondary school.

(1) (Reply)

Pandemonium In Nasarawa As Corps Members Protest Against Soldiers / Whatsapp Group For Prospective Corpers For The 2016 Batch A / Become Your Own Boss Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.