Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037902 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Papichulon: 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ok, Tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by moufpeas(m): 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Seems Canada doesn't want people anymore oo...I'm just preparing my application and all these rejection news are demoralising

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jackson755: 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
tosanlfaith:

you would need someone who is a TR/PR/Citizen to help you order it. it's 5cad.

wow. we learn everyday. Thank you so much for this. Must be person be family or anyone. My first app i stated i know no one. Suddenly my mom says her dad's younger brothers child i.e her cousin is a citizen. Just knew that today. do i suddenly state i know someone and i have contacted her already on my denial.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
@arcayo and those that think we need to pay school fees to prove purpose of visit i think with this i need ot say more.

Well @wayaa007 you have a very good profile but i have a question for you.
Hw did you show your present activity as you said you are currently serving but there are o nysc documents amog the list of documents you posted.
That could be a factor as i can remember @darefestus was earlier denied because he didnt explain about 8months of inactivity but later got it when he found something to put there....
wayaa007:
Well I was also denied early dis month, applied december, had admission for Information Network Security Systems,(PGC), this was my second application for TRV
Documents submitted
1. IMM forms
2. 13k receipt of school fees paid
3. sponsor SOA 6m with transaction of 20m
4. police clearance
5. SOP
6. Waec and Degree certificate
7.Admission letter
8. Study permit questionnaire
I think that's all
was refused on the grounds of
1. purpose of visit
2. Personal assets and financial status
3.Family ties

studied Electrical Electronics (b.eng), second class lower(3.46) graduated February 2015, currently serving
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by beebwai: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
one reason for this spate of denials could be nigeria's economic situation these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tosanlfaith(f): 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
Jackson755:

wow. we learn everyday. Thank you so much for this. Must be person be family or anyone. My first app i stated i know no one. Suddenly my mom says her dad's younger brothers child i.e her cousin is a citizen. Just knew that today. do i suddenly state i know someone and i have contacted her already on my denial.

lol@her dad's younger brother child. anyone can order it for you, it has nothing to do with your application. by the way your mum's cousin isn't ties to Canada.so relax eh!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
These denials are really shocking because majority of these applications are very nicely packaged.

I believe there's something peculiar to paper route in what is going on.

The slightest of detail is enough to earn a refusal.

or is the increment of the number of refugee from 25000 to 50000 a factor
#just saying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Papichulon: 7:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
Tanx Jackson, gotten it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
your program is one that wont earn you much points in the sight of the VO.
with your profile you should contact @bidemizoe no how he tackled his first refusals and look at the documents he submitted since you have similar profile...

personally i feel not stating anything concrete that ure doing between 2013 till date is not so good....the one year no pay job isnt good enough....
it shows you are not stable in your home country and ure seeking refuge in canada.....
show good payslips, good job offers....this things go a long way to show d VO the study permit isnt a do or die for you....

my one cents..

Papichulon:
Hello house, am new here. I was denied a Canadian visa on the grounds of family ties in canada and in country of residence and purpose of visit.

Here is my info
I hav a bsc in physics/electronics
Got admission at lambton college for advanced diploma in instrumentation and control engineering tech.
Graduated from uni 2011, went for nysc service 2012-13
Got a job without salary, needed experience.from 2014-2015 .
I dint pay d semester fee yet cos I applied early and hoped to get d visa first before paying
Date applied- 15th of feb(paper route)abj
Biometrics same day
Date of denial- 15th of March
Dey dint send me mail, a lady from ups jst cald me to come nd collect my package
Kai

Items submitted.
All cic docs
Transcript
Bsc Success letter
Cv
Admission letter from lambton college
Birth certificate
Waec result
Sponsor letter from dad
Bank statement from dad (17,000usd) Dom acct nd 1.5mil naira acct nd my bro in U.S (10,000usd) capital one bank
Landed properties from dad
Dads int data page
Police clearance
Int passport

Please I need ur help, I dey para
Kai

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
As awesome as your documents look personally i feel its not telling the VO what he wants to know.....

how have you spet your time since 2012 or thereabout that you finished service ?....

I cat seem to find any document that shows that among what you listed....

You have good statement of account but how did you make the money......

Employment letters, impressive payslips could be the little addition that you need....

my two cents...

Jackson755:
These rate of Denials is getting Alarming. I applied for TRV n got Denied Reasons being Family ties nn Purpose of visit. I keep wandering why.
I had paid 8450$ of my fees thou the money didn't get to the school till 29th Feb. I submitted my Visa App Paper route on the 15th feb. Could That be a reason. Planned to study at Fanshawe College Information Security Management which is an IT course. I also work in my dads company and i am a director. where did i go wrong? Heres a list of my document
1. Valid UK visa with 2 yrs left and Expired UK and American Visa's
2. SOA 1.7 MILLION 6 MONTHS STATEMENT OVER 6M IN/OUT
3. DAD SOA 1.2 MILLION 6 MONTHS STATEMENT OVER 20M IN/OUT
3. MOM SOA 400K
4. DAD COY SOA 1MILLION 6MONTHS RUNNING OVER 40M
5. ANOTHER DADS COY SOA 700K PLUS 6 MONTHS RUNNING OVER 20M
6, BSC CERT COMPUTER SCIENCE 3RD CLASS GRAD 2011
7. NYSC CERT
8. CAC CERT AND DIRECTORS PAGE SHOWING AM A DIRECTOR
9. MY PERSONAL COMPANY CAC CERT
10. CCNA AND MCSE CERT
11. CHURCH BIBLE SCHOOL CERT
12. LAND DOCUMENTS
13. MY PERSONAL STOCKS CERTIFICATE
14. MY OLD PASSPORT VISA STAMPS AND EXPIRED VISAS
15. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
16. POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
17. WAEC CERTIFICATE
18. UPFRONT MEDICALS
19. LETTER OF ADMISSION
20. CIC FORMS
21. SPONSORS LETTER (MY DAD)
22. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE STATING WHY I CHOSE CANADA AND STATING REASONS WHY I WOULD COME BACK TO NIGERIA

SUBMITTED BY PAPER 15TH FEB.
UPFRONT MEDICAL 2ND FEB
VISA DENIAL EMAIL 14TH MARCH 2016.

PLEASE GURUS I PLAN TO DEFER MY ADMISSION AND REAPPLY/FIRE BACK?. WHERE DID I GO WRONG.

AM THINKING MY BANK BALANCE WERE TOO LOW OR COZ I SUBMITTED A FORM A ONLY AS MY FEES HAD NOT BEEN TRANSFERRED TO THE SCHOOLS ACCOUNT BECAUSE OF THE NO DOLLAR PROBLEM. NOW THAT I HAVE MY FEES RECEIPT, DO I FIRE BACK INSTANTLY? I HAVE NEVER BEEN DENIED ANY VISA IN MY LIFE?

THANK YOU
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
These denials are really shocking because majority of these applications are very nicely packaged.

I believe there's something peculiar to paper route in what is going on.

The slightest of detail is enough to earn a refusal.

or is the increment of the number of refugee from 25000 to 50000 a factor
#just saying
It could also be because the new government is trying to review the points set aside for graduates from Canadian universities/colleges in the express entry program.
it could also be the bad economy.
no one really knows what matrix they use.

beebwai:

yeah..... but liberals are mostly pro-immigration
Yes. Liberals are pro immigration. ( more pro humanitarian), but i read it somewhere that quota was also reduced. I can't remember if the quota was for all visa category though. People would still get visas just that there would be more scrutiny.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
Bamz:
Cottyekundayo and Mrsnja,

Hello guys!

Could we please walk through how the form a doc would be filled using GlobalPay?

(just the most significant aspects)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Bamz:
Cottyekundayo and Mrsnja,

Hello guys!

Could we please walk through how the form a doc would be filled using GlobalPay?

(just the most significant aspects)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
Mrsnja:

You need to contact the institution first. They will instruct you on how to generate a reference number or code and with that you can begin to fill the form. I'm assuming the process is the same as western money business solutions because that was the one I used and it worked very well.

It's the same process as WUBS. Kindly shed more light on the image of the form A, Bamz uploaded. Gracias
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 7:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
Eruditor:

I am not an expert, but if I was the VO, I'd probably have rejected your application as well. Don't jump on me- it's a fact.

1. Your sponsor's SOA will pay for your tuition but in the system of things, it appears low. I know your uncle will foot all your bills when you are over there but I think that's the first thing a VO might find off putting. In other words, you would be too dependent on someone over there, which they translate as you straining on their system as against adding to it.

2. You are currently undergoing a BSc in Nigeria and it is clear you are not done with it yet you are opting to go out. To them it appears like you have no plans of returning. They will couple this with the fact that you have an uncle who has a house and project it to mean, you'd have a house, and food, so nothing is stopping you from forgetting school and just working menial jobs whilst there.

Perhaps, to correct their impression I will advice that you upped your SOA regardless of if you'd depend on your uncle whilst there. The point is, you want a VO to not tick financial deficiency as a reason for denial.

I'd also advice that you wrote a good SOP capturing how the course you are reading in UNIPORT was not your first choice and how that the Uni of Regina? would offer you what you truly intended on studying.

I feel obliged to reiterate that I am no expert. Just giving a cursory analysis of your application.

Thank God u're not the visa officer...
Btw no box was ticked as regards to why it was refused.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
estherdim:

i never intended,it just so annoying staying home for 2 years doing nothing,am self employed, my pman just insist i travel there ,i knowing the fact that is just like a gambling, really so tired
I know how you feel. Canada visa has always been like that right from when I completed secondary school about 17 years ago. It has never been easy. During the 90's. they sometimes don't even bother to open your pack before denying an application. You said this is the 4th denial. Why don't you try a different country? in my own case, I eventually studied at a different EU country, I now used my MSc to apply for their federal skilled workers program as it was called back then, and was successful. If God says you would eventually be in Canada, you would still get there one way or the other even if it's not by the popular way. Do not narrow your studying abroad option to Canada. You could try other countries too. It is well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Arcayo: 8:04pm On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=hayqinsbFX post=43891941]@arcayo and those that think we need to pay school fees to prove purpose of visit i think with this i need ot say more.

Guy what's your problem, who said anything about paying school fees? All I mentioned here is Acceptance fee guy, NSCC will ask you to pay $400 to secure your seat within 3weeks to maybe 1month after receiving your admission mail, so what's your advice to that..and I don't think anybody ever mentioned that paying tuition fee guarantee TRV.
Comments on this thread is to help and learn from each other, paying tuition is not a bad thing (but at your own risk) after all you will still pay it unless you have no plan to attend school.
Feel free to check my posts and quote me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adebayoolatunji(m): 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
How can one show home ties to Canada....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Rickywowoz: 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sexyqueen2:
Please friends has any one got admitted with a Second Class Upper? University of Saskatchewan rejected me, am awaiting response from University of Regina.

I graduated with 3.79/5. I hope University of Regina admits me. I am getting scared already.

Must I have a first class to be admitted? So sad right now. cry cry cry
you have a pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Buddie14(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Please, I intend to request for my gcms file before re-applying for trv. I don't know anyone in Canada at the moment. Please can anyone suggest a reliable source through which I can request for it. Thanx in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TheDreamChaser: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
moufpeas:
Seems Canada doesn't want people anymore oo...I'm just preparing my application and all these rejection news are demoralising

Same here. So demoralising! I think we need to discuss how to tackle purpose of visit and family ties in Canada and home country. Would chill a little bit before submitting my application. VO's not smiling at the moment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Papichulon: 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
Tanx hayqinxbFs, how can I contact Bidemezoi ? Pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dbnagato: 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
Buddie14:
Please, I intend to request for my gcms file before re-applying for trv. I don't know anyone in Canada at the moment. Please can anyone suggest a reliable source through which I can request for it. Thanx in advance

Check this link https://gcmsnotes.ca/request/

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jackson755: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dbnagato:

Check this link https://gcmsnotes.ca/request/

hmmn. i have opened the link and the website. can i do this myself from Nigeria? . ALso under visa Office column do i select Nigeria or Ghana?.
Also is file number the same thing as application number?. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ajibade105:
...I am an applicant of M.Sc. Biostatistics at the University of Saskatchewan F16 (Fall 2016). My application has been approved for admission. Though, this is my first acceptance with funding information to come later (that I pray). Still awaiting two more decision(s)...

To thesoj; I called him Dr. Soj, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my hearts for tolerating my mistakes. This helped me to give my best to the application I made to University of Toronto and University of Saskatchewan even at some point I...
**cheers**
You are very welcome.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
vickyehi:

yes u do......It is stated by cic that you need to submit the birth certificate or data page of pp for all siblings whether they are accompaning u or not
DanIndia:
What ? Really ? CIC states that you need to submit the birth certificate of all siblings ? Do you have a link for that ?
You may submit your siblings' birth certificates if you want, but CIC seems to not care if you do or not. Most of the TRV approved applicants in Parts 5-9 did not submit them. My two siblings (each of whose app was approved in July and December, respectively) didn't either. If submitting birth certificates would clarify your application however, then by all means submit them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
No, your visa wasn't denied because you used a PGC admission. Many people on the thread with virgin passports have gotten their TRVs for PGC/PGD, including my brother.

Man, you guys need to read the thread (or be more strategic about your app) in order to significantly improve your chances. So many people (tnuola, Team12, hayqinsbFX, me (thesoj), khalesi, TheBae, Onyeoma3, montrealer, and many more) have explained and dissected almost every possible angle that needs to be addressed in order for your app to have a good chance. Of course nothing is guaranteed, but from your comments it is clear that reading Parts 7 and/or 8 would go a long way in helping you repackage your app.

Also, a few pages ago @hayqinsbFX repeated over and over that paying tuition is not necessary in order to get a TRV (unless the admission is conditional to paying tuition and the payment deadline is close to your TRV application date).

Sorry, prayer won't help except maybe as placebo or to encourage you but it won't improve your application's quality. I'm 100% sure there's many candidates who said zero prayer yet still got approved.

From reading at least 2500 pages of this thread and from reading at least two dozen applicant SOPs, I conclude that 70-80% of getting approved is in credibly and compellingly telling your story and putting together a serious application, the remaining 20-30% is probably random (VO's mood, applying during rush period, etc).

Apologies if I sound harsh. Read Part 7 or Part 8, and/or the first half of Part 9; there's a lot of good info therein. You can finish the reading in less than a month. Alternately, you can read through all my posts and/or some of the other monikers I mentioned above.
cc: wayaa007
Jackson755:
Wow
even after paying full fees and having goof Financial balance. Hmmn. My guess my brother u should have applied for Msc. I was also denied too but with your CGPA i feel you can get a Msc admission. I chose a PGC cause of my third class degree. even with my well travalled passport and expirec n valid visas. I was denied. I learnt my mistakes thou. I would reapply again. I guess u should apply for a Msc then add like birth certs of ur siblings and plenty prayer. Guess many need a refund from ur school or if they can transfer the fees to the new school u plan to apply to which i doubt the possibility. cheers mate

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jaybmich: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
beebwai:
one reason for this spate of denials could be nigeria's economic situation these days.
Absolutely NOT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Calm down bro/sis. The recent frequency of denials is probably due to availability bias, i.e. those that get approved don't come on the thread to announce it, but those that get rejected need help so they are over-represented on this thread. Availability bias/heuristic is a very common statistical bias.
moufpeas:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
If it is true that the rate of rejection is high (I don't have any reason to believe this yet), there are many possible reasons. Well yes it could be that VOs are scrutinizing apps more because of Naija's economic situation BUT it could also instead be that the recent applications they have received have been of poor quality compared to in the past.

It is immature to start making conclusions just based on the sparse & statistically biased data points on this thread. Basically we don't know.

cc: princey83, hayqinsbFX, TheDreamChaser
beebwai:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jaybmich: 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
thesoj:
If it is true that the rate of rejection is high (I don't have any reason to believe this yet), there are many possible reasons. Well yes it could be that VOs are scrutinizing apps more because of Naija's economic situation BUT it could also be that the recent applications they have received have been poor compared to in the past.

It is immature to start making conclusions, based on the sparse & biased data points on this thread. Basically we don't know.

cc: princey83, hayqinsbFX, TheDreamChaser
Well, I don't think is about the plummeting economy. Our economy wasn't even strong before..so not valid enough. The only feasible reason I can say is that, they might want to scrutinize the level and quality of education one is going for, or the Quota might have been reduced!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by wayaa007(m): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
@arcayo and those that think we need to pay school fees to prove purpose of visit i think with this i need ot say more.

Well @wayaa007 you have a very good profile but i have a question for you.
Hw did you show your present activity as you said you are currently serving but there are o nysc documents amog the list of documents you posted.
That could be a factor as i can remember @darefestus was earlier denied because he didnt explain about 8months of inactivity but later got it when he found something to put there....
I actually added my Nysc ID, and posting letter...I was quite detailed with my documents, labelled them, added a budget together with my app, showed correspondence with my "to be lecturer", explained how the course helps me grow a career...I've followed this thread since part 7, and the only time I saw refusals like this was last year august, when people where invited for medicals and refused...I'm trying to get my gcms, but everyone i know in Canada wants to make heavy profit on my head, and I don't know the legitimacy of the site gcmsnotes...so can someone please suggest or recommend a proper way of getting the gcms

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.