Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Pawpaw Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pawpaw Farmers (2152 Views)

... / Pawpaw Farmers Should Get In Here NOW!! / DWARF HYBRID PAWPAW [Seeds & Seedlings] FOR SALE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pawpaw Farmers by mrvitalis(m): 12:38am On Aug 28, 2015
please i am a fresh graduate of a Nigerian university,we have like 3 plots of land wasting in my village and i want to use it to set up a pawpaw farm.so please is there any body in the house that farm pawpaw in large quantity, i will like to learn a lot from u and also need your advice on things like
1) the variety to plant
2) how many per plot
3) how much can i sale each fruit at maturity
4) what past and diseases can affect my plant and the cure
5) what will be my expected output

please i beg again experience farmers in the house please i need your help
Re: Pawpaw Farmers by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 28, 2015
Lalasticlala, the front page can help out brother here
Re: Pawpaw Farmers by Pavore9: 1:27am On Aug 28, 2015
trendsng:
Lalasticlala, the front page can help out brother here

The thread do not need frontpage as it will be flooded with irrelevant posts thereby defeating the purpose. lt has a higher chance of getting quality inputs if it remains within the section.

3 Likes

Re: Pawpaw Farmers by dgitrader(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2015
mrvitalis:
please i am a fresh graduate of a Nigerian university,we have like 3 plots of land wasting in my village and i want to use it to set up a pawpaw farm.so please is there any body in the house that farm pawpaw in large quantity, i will like to learn a lot from u and also need your advice on things like
1) the variety to plant
2) how many per plot

https://www.nairaland.com/1991168/get-thailand-dwarf-hybrid-pawpaw

op, goodluck to you in this endeavour of yours. this threads should ginger you. but do ur due deligence before buying seeds from anyone. shine your eye and seek better deals.

https://www.nairaland.com/1977308/pawpaw-hybrid-seed-planting
Re: Pawpaw Farmers by ogbongenet: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2015
mrvitalis:
1) the variety to plant
2) how many per plot

Gud day bro. Glad to hear dis frm u..instead of luking for white collar job,u wish to go into farming.My answers to questions ar:about d breed issue,we hav d local and high breed(mostly dwarf).adv of local breeds ar 1. Dey ar indegenious plant which mak dem resistance to som diseases. 2.dere ar som local breed dt produce hefty seeds dt attract buyas attention.Majorly dey ar always tall and prone to wind fall.The hybrid ar always short,early maturity,very sweet etc.
Qs 2.Per plot depnds on d breed,d high breed i think around 100 stands(nt so sure).
Qs 3: price varys depending on ur location.pawpaw price in lagos,enugu,P/H,Onisha can neva b d same tin wit my village Igboora in Oyo state.Tnx
Re: Pawpaw Farmers by mrvitalis(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
ogbongenet:
Gud day bro. Glad to hear dis frm u..instead of luking for white collar job,u wish to go into farming.My answers to questions ar:about d breed issue,we hav d local and high breed(mostly dwarf).adv of local breeds ar 1. Dey ar indegenious plant which mak dem resistance to som diseases. 2.dere ar som local breed dt produce hefty seeds dt attract buyas attention.Majorly dey ar always tall and prone to wind fall.The hybrid ar always short,early maturity,very sweet etc.
Qs 2.Per plot depnds on d breed,d high breed i think around 100 stands(nt so sure).
Qs 3: price varys depending on ur location.pawpaw price in lagos,enugu,P/H,Onisha can neva b d same tin wit my village Igboora in Oyo state.Tnx
Please sir if u are into pawpaw farming please drop us contact so I can reach u sir... I need a lot of advice
Re: Pawpaw Farmers by mrvitalis(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
Please esterblished farmers I really need ur advice on this big step am about to take
Re: Pawpaw Farmers by ayufun: 6:08am On May 21, 2017
All you need to know about pawpaw (papaya) from cultivation to processing, nutrition, uses, health benefits, Scientific studies on pawpaw and likely side effects.
http://www.healthriskfood.com/2016/12/pawpaw-fruit-recipes-nutritional-facts.html

(1) (Reply)

Odourless Farming; Lactobacillus Serum And Organic Molasses. / Cassava Investment. / My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.