Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day (800 Views)

#see 10 Billion People That Welcomed Belgium Team After World Cup / Burial Ceremony Of Dede One Day - Live Photos By Vivian Gist / Dede-One-Day Lying In State In His Mansion In Imo Ahead Of Burial Tomorrow -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by tpiar: 2:19am On Aug 28, 2015
Facebook has reached a new milestone: 1 billion people using the social network in a single day.

Facebook reached the high mark on Monday, CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote in a Facebook post on Thursday. That means roughly "1 in 7 people on Earth used Facebook to connect with their friends and family" in a single day, he added.

Facebook is by far the world's largest social network with 1.5 billion monthly active users. Twitter, by comparison, has 316 million monthly active users. The social network has seen steady growth, with mobile users becoming a key part of its success. More than 87 percent of the 968 million people who log into the social network each day do so from a smartphone or tablet, according to Facebook.

For Facebook, mobile growth means big bucks. In July, the social network said 76 percent of advertising revenue came from mobile devices for its second quarter. While Facebook doesn't say how much money it makes from advertising overall, it is expected to make up a vast majority of its sales. Last year, Facebook accounted for more than 18 percent of global advertising spent on mobile devices, according to industry researcher eMarketer.

"Our community stands for giving every person a voice, for promoting understanding and for including everyone in the opportunities of our modern world," Zuckerberg wrote. "A more open and connected world is a better world."

Facebook's mission to connect the world now expands far beyond its namesake social network. Some 700 million people have used the company's Messenger mobile messaging app, Facebook said in July, and Instagram, the Facebook-owned photo and video sharing app, boasts 300 million monthly active users.

Another milestone may be in the offing for Facebook as the company undertakes initiatives to spread Internet -- and its social network -- around the world. The company's Internet.org initiative, which provides free Internet access via a mobile app and website, is available in parts of Africa, Latin America and Asia. And Facebook is testing a solar-powered drone that could beam the Web down to earth in places where Internet access is limited.

http://www.cnet.com/news/one-billion-people-log-into-facebook-in-single-day/
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by chocolateme(f): 2:20am On Aug 28, 2015
Its a good and stable social media.
Has helped me reach out far beyond people I couldn't believe I would ever meet again.
God bless u Mark.
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by Bababulama(m): 2:21am On Aug 28, 2015
Can't you guys for once put reasonable stuff
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by vizkiz: 2:22am On Aug 28, 2015
chocolateme:

booking space in the mid-night again?! shocked

Lord have mercy! grin

1 Like

Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by chocolateme(f): 2:24am On Aug 28, 2015
vizkiz:

booking space in the mid-night again?! shocked

Lord have mercy! grin
vizkiz what did I ever do do you in this world?? Are you stalking me?
It'd not like you created this thread
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by vizkiz: 2:30am On Aug 28, 2015
chocolateme:
viz.kiz what did I ever do do you in this world?? Are you stalking me?
It'd not like you created this thread

you wish! grin

But I stated the obvious na. How will you be booking space in the mid-night
I think nairaland needs to set up a committe to look into this matter, I suspect something mysterious grin
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by gaetano: 2:33am On Aug 28, 2015
I'm on twitter cos my family is on Facebook. Na der I dey talk my mind. grin
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by chocolateme(f): 2:33am On Aug 28, 2015
vizkiz:

you wish! grin

But I stated the obvious na. How will you be booking space in the mid-night
I think nairaland needs to set up a committe to look into this matter, I suspect something mysterious grin
midnight How can almost 3am be midnight vizkiz? Or u don't know that people has started dressing up for work?
U no see me oo
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by mhiszolami: 3:28am On Aug 28, 2015
grin cheesy[color=#006600][/color]
chocolateme:
midnight How can almost 3am be midnight vizkiz? Or u don't know that people has started dressing up for work?
U no see me oo
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by tpiander: 4:07am On Aug 28, 2015
Bababulama:
Can't you guys for once put reasonable stuff

Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by Yustash001(m): 6:13am On Aug 28, 2015
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by vizkiz: 6:33am On Aug 28, 2015
chocolateme:
U no see me oo

so you dress up for work around 2:30am
You dey work for graveyard? undecided
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by chocolateme(f): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2015
vizkiz:

so you dress up for work around 2:30am
You dey work for graveyard? undecided
did I tell u that I am the one that dressed up by that time?
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by vizkiz: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2015
chocolateme:
did I tell u that I am the one that dressed up by that time?

I eas just messing with you grin
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by chocolateme(f): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2015
vizkiz:

I eas just messing with you grin
wait until I catch you, I will strangle you with only one hand.
Re: One Billion People Used Facebook In One Day by vizkiz: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2015
chocolateme:
wait until I catch you, I will strangle you with only one hand.

you feeling like the incredible hawk now abi? For your church mind undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

(shocking Pics)dad Caged Wife And Son For Years,fed Them Dog Food And Fuel’ / Lawd Have Mercy! Video Surfaces Of Serena Williams Twerking With Her Tennis Skir / Read This Very Touching Message Miss Universe Nigeria Sent To Her Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.