Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:31 AM

APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners (53170 Views)

APC Leaders Angry Over Buhari Govt’s Neglect / PDP Leaders Angry Over Jonathan’s Silence As Crisis Rocks Party / “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by ajepako(f): 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
searching4love:

fuckkk u and ur fellow bastards criticizing this wind of change. if he like let him appoint Cameroonians in all positions. all that matters is delivery of campaign promises and an enabling enviroment for every one to thrive. useless bastard angry

Why are you 'change' chanters always uncouth and uncivilized?

You don't know me from Adam and you insult me for no reason?

Simply because I aired my view, which is contrary to yours?

So anyone who disagrees with your view has committed a crime deserving name-calling?

Your manner and caliber of people who share your political view and affiliation leave much to be desired..

I wish you goodluck..

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by Miranda11: 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
To be honest I really don't know why the APC leaders are angry, if they were more organised as a party and ready for governance, all these appts wld have been discussed b4 hand.

I wonder what would be goin thru Tinubu's mind just seeing how things are playin out b4 his own very eyes.

I've always said it that the greatest weapon the Northerners have is that as a whole they are much more united than the Southerners, and they know how to play this unity card so well. A house divided against itself can never stand so we southerners must try and put aside our tribal inclinations and personal interests and be more united cos if we are, these type of things will not happen. The North are ridding off our disunity and using it to their advantage and there doesn't seem to be anything we can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by Popemax(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
ObiChiz08:
Every sane Nigerian must not pretend to be naïve of †нε hatred Nigerians have towards †нε Igbos...I'm Igbo & was a strong supporter of Buhari b4 †нε election, though I stl support him, I'll urge him to be fair & non-partial to all. № nation will progress when every region is not taken along...Buhari cannot be considered successful if only †нε North & S.West are †нε major stakeholders in his government
we'll investigate ur own Igbo...I don't believe u Bro for still supporting these kind of appointments...SOU
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by anwo247: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
Baba Bigot grin

Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by babadem2much(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
ONE BOTTLE OF OROJIN FOR U CHILL ONE.
DRINK RESPONSIBLY THATZ Y I MADE IT ONE

Dollyak:
Not surprised. Ideally, the best thing is to wait till the end of his tenure before judging his appointments. However, northerners can never accept this type of marginalisation, which is why most southerners are angry. Anyways, what matters is good governance.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by xklucvG: 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
nerodenero:
With these appointments going the way of the North, it further shows PMB has northern agenda. It further justifies the reason SE denied him votes and makes SW very foolish.

As someone said, PMB should have chosen a running mate from the North if he feels Southerners weren't important towards realizing his ambition of being President. So far, he has failed the South in his appointments as it lacked equity and justice. I guess this is "Northern Change" and not the collective change will clamour as Nigerians.

Either they deliver or not, PMB should remember four years isn't far and Nigeria will decide again.
And PMB will win again cos they are a major segment in the Nigeria circle. Power will not go to the south again hahahahahaha. Its over.
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by braxjay(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
thunder74:
Yes, we warned you all
APC...
Change.
So far, all the major appointments are over. Imagine a meeting where Nigeria destiny is discussed and see the list and zone of the members in attendance.
President. - north
Senate president north
Speaker of the house. North
Chief Justice of Nigeria. north
President Court of Appeal. North
Secretary to Federal Government. North
National Security Adviser. North
Chief of Staff. North
The language at the meeting will be in hausa.
The opening and closing prayer in Arabic or hausa
The Agenda? North
Note, Osinbajo, Ekweremadu and Ladun may not be invited to the meeting after all they are spare tyers, can't remember when I used my spare tyer.
These are his appointments so far:
Director-General of the State Services, Lawal Daura; Acting Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Mrs. Amina Zakari;
the Director, Department of Petroleum Resources, Mr. Mordecai Danteni Baba Ladan;
the Accountant-General of the Federation, Alhaji Ahmed Idris
the President’s Chief Security Officer, Abdulrahman Mani;
State Chief of Protocol, Mallam Abdullahi Kazaure;
Aide- De-Camp, Lt. Col. Muhammed Abubakar; and
the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu.

ALL those shouting CHANGE, SIA BABA, APC, na front i dey wait una o o o o o o o

Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by sats: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
989900:

Unfortunately (albeit respectfully), it's going to be a not-so-wise use of my time trying to make you see beyond what you want to see; if the ills/negatives from the south is all you see, while knowingly/unknowingly forgetting the likes of Shagari, IBB, Abacha and co., are the major reason why we are this stuck far behind.

P.S. I'm sorry it's a busy day for me.

busy indeed,isnt that what we all say to avoid issues?
and sir, pls dont derail the discussion, we are talking APPOINTMENTS ... sighs
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by debaj10: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1313672/apc-leaders-angry-buhari-over

We all had details on his mindset way back when; why all the hoolabaloo?
And why do people keep saying 'but gej', 'but pdp'? I thought change meant out with the old ways, in with the new? Does it make sense to repeat the mistakes of the past governments you promised to do better than?

Meanwhile what deadline did he give himself to 'bring back our girls', when he was campaigning?
I'm just asking because the goal posts are now shifting (a la boko haram).

(... Who heard Adesina say about the economy- 'wait till September for ministers to be announced; and remember it has 30 days'?)
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by mikron(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
doctokwus:

Exactly.
It is annoying that even a so called APC chieftain in the Swest can fault a govt that has a VP and CDS.
This people only think of appointments,appointments and not how to serve.Meanwhile none has EVER used it to better the lots of their people;only build mansions,line their pockets,then maybe spray a few thousands to some hungry arse lickers.
In as much as it would have been fairer to have better representation from the south,but its time we all begin to shift this debate to the person's ability on the job.
PMB has appointed those he believes in and no one has yet found fault based on their competence.
With all the senate presidents the seast for eg has produced with a SGF and other top posts,not a single major road project nor a second Niger bridge has ever gone beyond commissioning their diagrams!
GEJ had a army chief,NSA and petroleum minister from the smallest state in Nigeria, Bayelsa,where he himself comes from,they all combined have never attracted any dvpt to the state,but destroyed it further by empowering militants that wrecked havoc on lives,livelihood and the environment of same Bayelsans!!
u re a doctor and u say bayelsa is d smallest state in Nigeria when even bright primary school pupils knw lagos is d smallest. I shake my head for u. And who told u the militants wreck havoc in the lives of the citizens? Oga they are fighting for us not wrecking our lives. FYI I'm frm there
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by doctokwus: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
mikron:
u re a doctor and u say bayelsa is d smallest state in Nigeria when even bright primary school pupils knw lagos is d smallest. I shake my head for u. And who told u the militants wreck havoc in the lives of the citizens? Oga they are fighting for us not wrecking our lives. FYI I'm frm there
Smallest population wize.
So the likes of Tompolo,Boyloaf,Ateke,Asari Dokubo etc are fighting for the people of the Niger Delta?
Its ok,I bliv and leave u with your conviction.
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by BHAMBA: 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
i dont see anytin wrong his appointment so far ,a determine leader must work with people he knows. if i were in his shoe i will do the same thing. To me it doesnt matter , what matter is a Nation i can be proud of . Good structures and functional institutions..........anyone who want to effect change must be bold and courageous. you cannot continue to do things the same way and achieve different result.All in the name of federal character-selecting incompetent people.
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by BraniacX(m): 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
moral of the story is - southwasterners are only competent enough to vote, but they are not competent enough to lead - buhari/tambuwal

tonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetongue

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by chigoizie7(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
disloman:
Oga!pls,with all u av mentioned.Under GEJ's administration,Which tribe occupied such positions?If u can't tell,STFU.U only work with pple u r comfortable with n trust.What really matters is d performance.

So, if u can only work with people u are comfortable with, why then are the northerners and south westerners shouting marginalization (appointment wise) during GEJ,

Hypocrisy is a very Big disease, please, desist from it. It kills too.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by free13: 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
This is funny. Apc welcome to Chanji....
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by David649(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sai baba buhari!!!!
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by polomy(m): 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
It's constitutionally required for ministerial appointments to reflect national characters. However, has Buhari appointed two persons from the same state? No, he has not done that. Thus, no breach of the law yet till date. Also, it's even becoming obvious now that we the Southern States are not ready for the appointments. Have you forgotten that when Buhari first assumed office, he was moving about with Amaechi, BRF, Fayemi & co? Before we could open eyes, people who supposed to support these guys from their states started writing petitions and asking for their probes. The northerners are not doing that to their potential appointees. The worst factor is that if Buhari should appoint someone from Lagos, for instance, without the blessing of Tinubu, Tinubu/APC would feel slighted and aggrieved. Thus, APC states in the South should stop washing the linen of their potential appointees in public. Hmmmmm
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by kabnafs(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by soldierdollar(m): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
shinaidowu:
Before I would make any comment about these appointments can someone help find out about the lifestyle of the new appointees. I read the new oga of Customs still uses or drives a Peugeot 504.

Even though it is entirely wrong for PMB to restrict his appointment to the north, the outcry is loudest for all those that have always seen appointment as an avenue to come and chop. Let's politics and political appointment be constitutional changed to a situation where you don't get paid and your services are for free. I bet you nobody especially from our zone would be interested. So my take as far as I have seen a pastor amongst those being appointed then there is hope.

But one last question[b]would it really matter where the appointees are from?[/b]what if we start seeing real development in the country?

You're not a politician .

Your question would have been .. "Is North the only region with qualified people "?
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
smuth:

Some people are so daft and stupid at the same time...your blind love for dullard.dinho makes you reject your people to favor the north... Are you a bastard?...are you telling everybody that there is nobody qualified or credible in your state, region or village...are Ye all corrupt bunch in your tribe that you now trust the north to save you? The excuse you now give is 'as long as they do the job well, you have no problem if they are all from the north' so in the whole of your state nobody fit do the job well? You should be ashamed of yourself sey all of una for that state no get sense...na north sense dey now abi?

1 Trillion likes for ur comment.

I stopped discussing about Nigeria some month's ago when I realized that the level of daftness by majority of its gullible citizens rremains ENDEMIC.

Every sane and honest Nigerian from30yrs and above ought to know Buhari's antecedents.

lol @One Nigeria!

CLOWNS.
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by disloman(m): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
chigoizie7:

So, if u can only work with people u are comfortable with, why then are the northerners and south westerners shouting marginalization (appointment wise) during GEJ,

Hypocrisy is a very Big disease, please, desist from it. It kills too.
Who were d pple shouting marginalisation?Mayb in ur dream.
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by Bbnty(m): 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
Indeed Buhari belongs to Northerners and doesn't belong to everybody... As a matter of fact, going by his appointments so far, Buhari is simply saying Southerners lacks incorruptible and Persons of impeccable characters that can work with him. Does it means only Northerners are righteous? APC WILL BLOW OFF AFTER MINISTERIAL APPOINTMENT... # mark_my_words
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by yemi15(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
phlemzy:
I really think PMB should try do things differently. We can't ignore the fact that his style of making public his appointments may unnecessarily heat up the polity. If it will warrant that he doesn't make public certain appointments pending the time that he'll conclude with that of others coming from other regions, it'll surely be better. His votes came from across the 6 geopolitical zones of the country and be must as such put the opinion of Nigerians at heart. The truth remains that no matter how much of technocrat he feels the north has,there are equally hundreds of such in most other regions who are capable and have no stains. Nigeria will be great!!!

Abi o, as a Buhari supporter even when supporting him was unfashionable, I am clearly and obviously disappointed, I regret to say the South-Easterners were right this time smh, on to 2019 in my opinion, APC out in my opinion with their anti-people policies of infrastructure over salaries for their state governors and an ethnic president, how about Labour Party or APGA for governors and Peter Obi as president in 2019? At least, Peter Obi did well in Anambra state, no debts and no backlog of workers' salaries and his stooge in Mr. Willie Obiano is currently doing well for Anambra state, I am confident Peter Obi is a very viable candidate for the presidency in my opinion due to his antecedents. My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by oshe11: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
Samirana360:
He has 4gotten dat quote i guess
no mynd am na old age
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by oshe11: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
Samirana360:
He has 4gotten dat quote i guess
no mynd am na old age
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by Cityguy: 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
This thing is very simple. No one needs to be worked up. Abi we no understand 'Fullness of time' again? grin grin grin.
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by janco: 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
Nairadean:

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-leaders-angry-as-buhari-appoints-more-northerners/
http://www.heldeen.com

Is it that in the whole of Nigeria Customs, our President could not find a single man who is a career public servant, who was good enough to be Comptroller-General?

I am very worried about this particular appointment

Its really a pity! We are not in 1983 , this is 2015. Please someone should inform our Presidentoooo

If he feels this is the best, then let him appoint a civilian as CNS or COAS
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by vanunu: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
VirginFinder:

Actually, four more years of GEJ and Nigeria would be dead. So, we had no choice. Afterall, we all supported GEJ in 2011. But he tuurned out to be a dismal failure.

All the same, we are still better-placed than four years ago. Today, we have Yorubas as nos 2,3,6 Senate Chief Whip and House Leader.

However, Buhari's lopsided appointments is highly condemnable.

U must be one of the big foools that will always be foooled, with all the power stations and substations that gej built.
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by VirginFinder: 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
vanunu:

[s]U must be one of the big foools that will always be foooled, with all the power stations and substations that gej built.[/s]

You are a dullard!

Could GEJ ever make them work? He didnt have the balls to!

Buhari hasnt even beamed his searchlight on the power sector and everyone has already started shiittting their pants and doing the needful.
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by ArodewilliamsT: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
eleojo23:
The wailing has reached APC too.
Wailing wailers are beginning to emerge from APC.

I wonder why they are suddenly beginning to wail.
Were they not the ones who gave him the presidential ticket and support?
Abeg, they should continue chanting 'Sai Baba' as they have always done.

#Why are the yorubas lamenting? since when do yoruba slaves start hoping for appointment. Buhari is your master as a fulani and your job is to carry him like slaves carrying royal caravans to his Palace---> ASO ROCK. The fact that you breath is enough benevolence, he owes you NOTHING thereafter. You smelly y+Orus(slaves), ilekeh and other stinky yorubas should get that into their thick oblong skull. grin

Finally, i noticed, that the yoruba lawmakers tried to drag in the south east into their wailing jamboree. They should save themselves first, The Eastern bloc( and i mean SE/SS), has no business with their slavery. Their feeble and veil attempt at getting the whole south to unite against buhari their master will fail. They should close their amala mouths and take whatever sh!t their master throws at them instead of calling for help from the East. grin grin
Re: APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners by ArodewilliamsT: 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
hotwax:
[size=15pt]What is Biafra?

Oxford Dictionary:

Pronunciation: Bee'Bleep'fra

A word ignorantly used by a certain deluded and mentally imbalanced Tribe in Southern Region of Nigeria.

American English Society Dictionary:
Pronunciation: Bee'hell'fra

An Imaginary non-existence geographical location always referenced by a tribe in Nigeria when they are intoxicated by a strong Opium.

Chinese:
Pronunciation: Che'chel'frog

A tribe who shout "You kill my father!", "I will kill you back"

Russian Henski Word Translation:
Pronunciation: Oshi'fra

An unrealistic dream

European Union Words council
Pronunciation: Oshi'fra

A coffin for a tribe in the southern Part of Nigeria

[/size]

since how many days. Not even one single "like" from your deluded brothers for this thrash. na curse oh cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Obiano Receives Victor Umeh And Other Guests After Release From EFCC / You Demoted Me, Tinubu Accuses Saraki / George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.