Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson (37875 Views)

Poll: Choose the category you thing Mercy Johnson belong.

Definitely HOT: 29% (32 votes)
Not Hot at all: 13% (14 votes)
She's aight: 25% (27 votes)
Her skin color is unattractive: 6% (7 votes)
Her booty is the only attractive part of her: 25% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

D’banj Meets Italian Lady With ‘african Yansh’ In Australia / Chiooo!!! See These ABSU Babes Doing Competition With Their Big Yansh [look] / Kenya Queen Of UKWU Flaunts Her Super Big Yansh In Bikini [ SEE PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 6:39am On Mar 31, 2009
[size=14pt]Big back side runs in my family — Mercy Johnson [/size]
Posted To The Web: Sunday, March 29, 2009 - Vanguardngr.com

Mercy Johnson

She’s been plagued with vicious allegations here and there and very recently in a bid to outsmart thieves she undid herself by ‘giving’ out N200, 000 to the side door panel of a Lagos taxi. In this interview, single smoke screen star and third sexiest actress in Nollywood; Mercy Johnson, discloses the aftermath of the ‘theft’ allegation and how it caused her an endorsement deal.
How are you coping with the break in the industry?

I’ve never been on break; I’ve been working. Why should I go on a break?

So how many movies have you done recently?

Mercy Johnson,  hips don’t lieFrom January till now I’ve done about ten movies. I shot four movies in Ghana, where I stayed for a month. Then I did three movies for Solo Amaco and some others too.

What kind of movies are they?

Among these ten movies, five are not the usual Nollywood kind of movies especially those I shot in Ghana. The story line and production are extremely different but of course Nollywood is still part of it all.

So how did you get to feature in these movies?

They sent me the script through my e-mail. In a particular script, I was supposed to play a twin character. After reading it I saw that it was wonderful. They had their phone lines on the script so I had to call them after going through the script.

The next day that called me and we discussed about the movie in details.

You said the movies were different. What made the difference?

Yes it was because in the normal Nigerian movies, we are used to the same characters, segregation and competition and we never agree on stuff. So the same stories keep trooping in. But this one is not like that although they disagree once in a while too.

Recently there’s been a lot of collabo’s between Nollywood and Ghanaian stars?

Yes, it’s not just Ghana but the whole of Africa because Nollywood is like the biggest movie market in the whole of Africa. If you watch any African movie, you’re likely to see one face of Nollywood in it so it’s like a standard and there’s a bit of professionalism too. By doing so, Nollywood is just enlarging its place because as we go over there, we learn from them and we teach them what we have.

So how do Ghanaians perceive Nigerian movies?

Great. They appreciate a whole lot of Nigerian movie and their stars; and they’re very nice and friendly. You also know that a lot of Ghanaians have come here to work with us, so mixing up with them was easy.

Lets come back to Nollywood. Recently there’s been a ‘slow down’ in movie production. What do you think is responsible?
I think the industry is going through a kind of restructuring and we are just sitting down and watching to see what the outcome will be. I really don’t know the basis of the reconstruction or what is going on but I know there’s something going on.

Don’t you think it’s affecting your colleagues?

I can’t really speak for everybody because I have been working. Any time I’m not working, it means I want to take a break. So some of my colleagues too may have decided to go on break while the reconstruction is going on.

The film distribution network seems to be taking a lot of time.

Yes, anything good takes a lot of time to come by. The world is restructuring and so is everything in it.
Now let’s talk about you. The last time we spoke, you mentioned getting an endorsement deal. Did you get it?
No, I didn’t. I had some small hitches (problems).

What problems?

I’ll like to say here that sometimes bad things happen to a lot of people and I’m just one of those people. I don’t know how it happened but some magazine wrote that some money was stolen by me and all that.

We were still talking about the endorsement deal as at the time that rumour broke out, so they (the prospective body) sent me a text that they just couldn’t go on because of what they read about me in the magazine; and I wonder how all that

Mercy Johnson

Mercy Johnson happened.

What was your reaction when all these write ups came up?

My reaction was that of disappointment especially by the company who decided to stop further talks on the endorsement and that’s because such stories come up all the time among stars. Some magazine make up stories that are not true just to fill their paper. I was disappointed again because I didn’t expect such things to come up without getting to hear my own side of the stories.

I was accused of stealing and it stopped my endorsement which was really funny. It only means that they (the prospective body) didn’t even think I was worth the endorsement in the first place. If they thought I was worth it, they would have loved to hear my own side of the story. Initially I felt bad but right now I’m looking at it with maturity. I think if they really needed my personality for their brand they would have heard from me. After all, there have been cases where some papers write about the death of someone and the next day you see those people on the streets. So the fact that they heard that Mercy Johnson stole, ought not to have been enough reason to have stopped that endorsement.

Tell us what exactly happened. Did you ever get involved in anything like that (pilfering)?

No, and it’s funny.

Did you consider taking legal action against the masterminds of the false accusation?

Yes I did. The case has been with my lawyer and I’ve not been around to know what is happening.
What was your parents reaction to the allegation?

I see myself as a fighter. My parents cannot get mad at me because they know the kind of person I am. It’s just so unfortunate that most people don’t know me. So they judge me from what they read about me on the papers and I don’t blame them. I think I’m too comfortable to take anything that’s not mine. I’m too comfortable to even beg talk less of stealing.

It didn’t really affect me at home because at one time or the other people have been accused of stealing so I don’t want that to bother me for now. I think bigger things are coming my way so they’re only trying to stop the smaller ones and so it doesn’t bother me. I’m just trying to work and make ends meet.

So what next now that you say you’re comfortable?

(Laughing) I wasn’t comfortable at first when I wanted to make ends meet but now that I am, I intend to go back to school.

Will that be in Nigeria?

No, certainly not.

Why go outside when you can achieve it here?

I just want to be in a different environment where I can concentrate. At least nobody will know when I’m going to school, what cloth I’m putting on or what car I’m driving and so on. I just want to be in an environment where I can practically analyse myself.

How does your boyfriend react to all these stories?

If my boyfriend ever gets upset on this kind of stories, that means he doesn’t know me and we don’t need to date. (Laughing) Certainly right now I’m not dating any boyfriend, so I really don’t need to bother my head about what he feels.

I think the heart has been squeezed so I’m trying to rejuvenate it
No guys for now.

I can’t imagine a pretty girl like you not having a sweet heart?

I think the heart has been squeezed so I’m trying to rejuvenate it (still laughing).

When it happened, how did you take it (the heart break)?

I didn’t eat for a very long time. I sat under the shower for like eight hours crying, but I got over it. My friends encouraged me to get over it.

[size=14pt]Does your mum have a backside like yours?

Yes.
[/size]
On a more serious note, what’s most attractive about you?

I don’t know. People say a lot of things but I think it’s the personality.

What kind of person are you when it comes to relationships?

I’m not a ‘love love’ (doting) person. I get angry once in a while.

What happens when a beautiful girl like you gets angry?

Everything goes open.

What is it that attracts you in a man?

I don’t really talk about the men folk. But the one thing that attracts me to people generally is their personality. I like very genuine people because I’m genuine. I act strictly on my instincts; I don’t hide my feelings. I say it the way it is, I don’t pretend; so I like people who have similar characteristics.

How about the body build?

That doesn’t really count.

Can you tell us one of the most embarrassing moments you’ve had because of your body (back & front side)?
I think the worst of it was when a fan of mine (a guy) kissed me at the airport. It took me about five minutes to recover from the shock.

And how did you feel?

I didn’t know exactly how but it was funny.

What inspired you into charity?

Basically my life is all about charity (giving). I believing in the popular saying that ‘there’s more blessing in giving than receiving’ The ‘Heart of Mercy Foundation’ is strictly for kids because I have a passion for them. It’s all about giving aids to schools and hospitals. Aids in form of money, books, chairs, tables etc. It is aimed basically at putting smiles on the faces of kids.

What are the challengesin doing this?

Ah! A lot of challenges. It’s just so unfortunate that we can’t affect the lives of everybody but we must do our best to positively affect those that we can. Also sometimes the demands are higher than the supply but I believe God, that it (the supply) will grow to meet all these demands.

Do you intend putting up any structure towards that?

Yes but I’m not through with that yet because I’ve had some delays. Certain things that try to bring down the credibility but I’m going to accomplish it no matter how hard they try.

Where is the location?

Here in Lagos.

Have you had any sort of interactions with the government as regards that?

No I haven’t.

Would you like to have an opportunity to do so in conjunction with the state government?

Yes I’ll really love to. I’ll love to know what pet projects she ( ) has in mind so we can work together. I equally intend to have branches outside Lagos but for now I want to concentrate in Lagos first.

You have several Igbo like names- Ozioma, Onyeche,  where did you get them from?

I got Ozioma from my mother. Kogi people also bear names like the Igbos. My mother actually has a dual background as her own mother (my grandmother) is Igbo.

You have a naval officer for a father. How would you describe him?

Yes. He is a good person usually reckoned with force. He brought us up making us understand that life is not easy. Life is only for those who fight because you don’t wait for the sheep to come to you, you move out to get the sheep. We see him as an anchor in everything.

So how did he feel when you moved into the movie world?

He was happy for me and he’s been wonderfully supportive especially when it comes to advice. My whole family have been there for me all this while.

Do you see any of your siblings coming into the movie industry?

No, they are not just interested. For now I’m the only person that’s got interest in acting.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=1158&z=12
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by spikedcylinder: 7:15am On Mar 31, 2009
Oh ok. undecided
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by TOYOSI20(f): 10:14am On Mar 31, 2009
Errrrrr. . . .swell?? undecided
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by clemcykul(f): 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2009
she doesnt look fresh, seems like she just got out of a straw bed before the interview, though she gat an erotic shape, but facially she is a booooooo.
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by Abbygyal(f): 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2009
she's aite nuffin dat special, neways wats d aim of this, oh d [b][/b]backside
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2009
she doesnt look fresh, seems like she just got out of a straw bed before the interview, though she gat an erotic shape, but facially she is a booooooo.
What is erotic shape?. Are there shapes that are not erotic?
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by tope2000(f): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2009
Abbygyal:

she's aite nuffin dat special, neways wats d aim of this, oh d [b][/b]backside

lol. . grin
she is just BLAH to me. . . .no wow factor watsoeva undecided
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by Sauron1: 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

lol. . grin
she is just BLAH to me. . . .no wow factor watsoeva undecided

If only her head can be replaced with Halle Berry's . . . . .
She has got everything a woman needs BUT class and a decent face. cheesy cheesy
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by tope2000(f): 9:00pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

If only her head can be replaced with Halle Berry's . . . . .
She has got everything a woman needs BUT class and a decent face. cheesy cheesy

Halle berry's face?? that is streching it . . . . . if she has ciara face she wud be happy grin
She does have a gr8 body
I guess that goes to say . . . . . u cant have everything undecided grin
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by chamotex(m): 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2009
No offence but this girl just looks dirty to me . . . . . . . . she just looks nasty to me.
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by tope2000(f): 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2009
chamotex:

No offence but this girl just looks dirty to me . . . . . . . . she just looks nasty to me.

Ouch . . . .never knew u can be mean grin cheesy
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2009

If only her head can be replaced with Halle Berry's
. . . . .
She has got everything a woman needs BUT class and a decent face.
So dark skinned women don't look pretty to you?. Are you one of the yellow skin slaves?
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2009
Why?
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by spikedcylinder: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2009
chamotex:

kiss kiss kiss wink
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by DeReloaded: 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2009
Buttaface of Nollywood.

I wonder if her parents watched her in "Corporate Maid" grin
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by Sauron1: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2009
iReport:

So dark skinned women don't look pretty to you?. Are you one of the yellow skin slaves?

I am not talking about her dark skin. . . . .The issue is her FACE!!!
There's something wrong with her facial features. . . . . .She doesn't exude the same class of Regina Askia, Genevieve and Stella Damasus.
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2009
Buttaface of Nollywood
WTF?
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2009
I am not talking about her dark skin. . . . .The issue is her FACE!!!
There's something wrong with her facial features. . . . . .She doesn't exude the same class of Regina Askia, Genevieve and Stella Damasus.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder besides she's ebira and ebira women are never known to be beauty pageants in Nigeria but that face is average tho. Is your girlfriend hotter than her? talk true.
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by tope2000(f): 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2009
iReport:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder besides she's ebira and ebira women are never known to be beauty pageants in Nigeria but that face is average tho. Is your girlfriend hotter than her? talk true.

Insult at the highest order grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2009
May be it didn't come out well but it's the truth or have you seen any ebira woman as miss Nigeria before?
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by tope2000(f): 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2009
iReport:

May be it didn't come out well but it's the truth or have you seen any ebira woman as miss Nigeria before?

No . . . . .but like u said
I guess they are all fugly grin
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by Sauron1: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2009
iReport:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder besides she's ebira and ebira women are never known to be beauty pageants in Nigeria  but that face is average tho. Is your girlfriend hotter than her? talk true.

U will rape my girlfriend if you see her. . . . .
What is Ebira?
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 9:41pm On Mar 31, 2009
U will rape my girlfriend if you see her. . . . .
Even a lesbian will not touch your girlfriend Jibu breasts with a ten foot pole. tongue tongue tongue

What is Ebira?
A tribe in predominant in Kogi and parts of Ekiti.
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by spikedcylinder: 9:41pm On Mar 31, 2009
DeReloaded:

Buttaface of Nollywood.
iReport:

WTF?

Lol! I swear, you two are comediennes! grin grin grin
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2009

No . . . . .but like u said
I guess they are all fugly
No, they are not just that they are not too cute either. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by chamotex(m): 9:44pm On Mar 31, 2009
iReport:

Why?

Most times when I see her. she looks kinda sweaty (esp during a crying scene) . . . . . . like she hasn't had a bath for weeks.
She's not my cup of tea. cry cry cry
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by tope2000(f): 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2009
iReport:

No, they are not just that they are not too cute either. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Rofl . . . . . she does look dirty tho like chamo said undecided

chamotex:

Most times when I see her. she looks kinda sweaty (esp during a crying scene) . . . . . . like she hasn't had a bath for weeks.
She's not my cup of tea. cry cry cry

But i thot u said u wud hit any girl as long as she has backyard . . . . .so y r u dissin mercy na? grin
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by DeReloaded: 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2009
You are obviously looking for Tpia's trouble

iReport:

WTF?

Wetin?
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2009
You are obviously looking for Tpia's trouble
Who cares and what is her concern about Ebira. I thought she's fixated on igbos?

Wetin?
Easy on her. I think she's the sexiest Nollywood actor ever.
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by chamotex(m): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

But i thot u said u wud hit any girl as long as she has backyard . . . . .so y r u dissin mercy na? grin

I wouldn't call that an onion, juicy bootay . . . . . the yansh is just there.
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by iReport: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2009

She's not my cup of tea
That's not her fault. It's the fault of the make up artist.
Re: Big Yansh Runs In My Family- Mercy Johnson by tope2000(f): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2009
chamotex:

I wouldn't call that an onion, juicy bootay . . . . . the yansh is just there.

I cant laff anymore abeg grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Omoni Oboli And Husband, Nnamdi Celebrate 21st Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / Insecurity: Yul Edochie Reveals His Plan B / Yemi Alade Shares "No Make Up" Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.