Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,145 members, 7,829,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Used Computers: How Is The Market? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Used Computers: How Is The Market? (3136 Views)

What Can 50k Naira Buy And Sell In The Market For Profit? / Most Demanded Products On The Market / Obajana Cement Company Coming To The Market Soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Used Computers: How Is The Market? by EbeNaija: 1:44am On Oct 03, 2006
Good day all.
I'm looking to bring used computers to the Naija and wanted help on assessing the computer market.

What equipments are good for the nigerian market? PCs, monitors, laptops
What specifications are in demand in nigeria? What brands are in demand?
What price should I look to buy the equipments for the venture to be profitable?
What are the prices the equipment are selling for?
Are there any import duties? What are they?

Is there an issue with e-waste/scrap materials being imported into Nigeria?

Where are the computers coming from?

Any help anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Later
Re: Used Computers: How Is The Market? by osereka(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2007
e b naija,
am intrested in this type of biz too. please when u get ur answer and u start bringing the computers, I want to be one of ur dealers in abuja. just email me. ebiraoiza@yahoo.com/ al_aziztech@yahoo.co.uk /azizebira@yahoo.com.
Re: Used Computers: How Is The Market? by lovenigeri: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2007
@all
please i need ur assistance in buying used laptop but the ones that are still good and sound. atleast thta has 1yr wrranty. i await ur reply

thanks
shola
Re: Used Computers: How Is The Market? by iyke199(m): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2007
Hello, i'm in interested in buying fairly used computers for sales. Contact me for a very serious deal please. Also, I need a good laptop with good guarantee and features. U can contact thru my email iyke199@yahoo.com. Thanks!
Re: Used Computers: How Is The Market? by ADENITAN: 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
i nede laptop too nitan_76@yahoo.com
Re: Used Computers: How Is The Market? by tayope(m): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2007
E b naija
Contact me via email (tayope@hotmail.com) about the computers so we can talk more on th market and other neccessities.
Re: Used Computers: How Is The Market? by mubaraqqq(f): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2007
i tried doing this business before and i will advise anybody that wants to get into it, to research properly. Nigerians will

always tell you to bring any product that it will sell. Na lie. If you go to computer village in lagos you will see the same

thing you are trying to sell at a cheaper rate. I hade three people investigate this for me in different cities in Nigeria. And i

found that the used there is absoluetly no profit. And what people want is the new ones, not china made ( Toshiba, Dell).

Nigerians are getting sick of China made. The new ones but if you are to make anysubstantial profit you have to buy a lot

and ship. Or take it there yourself to save on shipping cost.
Re: Used Computers: How Is The Market? by Digiman(m): 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2007
E be Naija, my advice to you is to go for fairly new brand names HP, Compaq, Dell, Toishiba.

Under no circumstances should you go for scrap, they are useless and dangerous to the  enviroment in fact these countries that most of these computers and parts are being imported from consider them to be rubbish so why sholud Africa become a dumping ground for such dangerous waste ?

Please follow these links and read the articles:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/24/technology/24junk.html?ex=1287806400&en=59b8642bb6f7fc16&ei=5088

http://www.dancewithshadows.com/computer_recycle.asp

The nigerian Goverment needs to do something fast before we find ourselves sitting on  a toxic time bomb.

Do your bit to keep our enviroment safe.
Re: Used Computers: How Is The Market? by amsisawa(m): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2007
I am Also interested in this Bussiness, I will be glad to be your dealer in North East and some part of North West.
feel free to contact me on amsisawa@yahoo.com am always online

(1) (Reply)

Order And Ship From 1688,aliexpress,ebay And Alibaba / SCAM ALERT My Bitter Ordeal With TUGROW Be Careful. / Nigeria Targets $900B GDP By 2020 - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.