Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,626 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? (769 Views)

Nigeria 5 Best Governors Since The 4th Republic (1999-till Date) / Buhari Violating Federal Character In Appointments – Ekweremadu / Region Of Director-General's Of SSS since 1999-till date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by themilanway(m): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2015
Has it paid your bills?

Improve the primary health care closest to you?

Built long lasting roads?

Improve the economy in any way?

Built under ground roads and railways?

Provide security?

Employment?

Has it improve the transport system?

Constant and stable power supply?

Low cost and affordable housing scheme?

Be honest to yourself and mention one single thing you have benefited from"Federal character"?

1 Like

Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2015
God bless you for that question Op......As long as the people appointed do the job well and are honest people like our President, then they are highly welcome. Bye bye to Tribal and Religious Politics that the corrupt government have used since time immemorial that almost turn the Giant of Africa to the most corrupt nation in the world. For all those still wailing and prefer not to wait to see what this people can offer, then i bet you wail for the next 4 years. I can see the change will yearn for in our dear nation coming gradually. God bless PMB. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by themilanway(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2015
We are on the same page.

All I want is a better Nigeria.
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by likila: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2015
Ok,
so no more federal character for admission into schools and employment into govt agencies.
federal character is useless.
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by merry02(m): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2015
I shake head for u......this country comprises of six geo political zones and for proper and smooth governance,the zones must be carried along...someone like u all insult igbis for fighting for biafran...they see it as a piorty and right to stand on their own.are there no competent persons in other zones?pls stop aiding this man for every mistake he makes cos we all suffer for it if the shortcoming begins....
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by themilanway(m): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
merry02:
I shake head for u......this country comprises of six geo political zones and for proper and smooth governance,the zones must be carried along...someone like u all insult igbis for fighting for biafran...they see it as a piorty and right to stand on their own.are there no competent persons in other zones?pls stop aiding this man for every mistake he makes cos we all suffer for it if the shortcoming begins....

I'm not Buhari's spokesperson neither did he consult me before he made those apointment.

Still,I don't see the reason(s)for this uproar these appointments have caused.I'm yet to see the significance of the Federal character.

It hasn't change my life one bit,I don't know about you.

I'm not going to lose sleep over why xyz people weren't appointed from my zone or region.

They haven't influence my life positively one bit,so why should I care?
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by merry02(m): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
themilanway:

I'm not Buhari's spokesperson neither did he consult me before he made those apointment.

Still,I don't see the reason(s)for this uproar these appointments have caused.I'm yet to see the significance of the Federal character.

It hasn't change my life one bit,I don't know about you.

I'm not going to lose sleep over why xyz people weren't appointed from my zone or region.

They haven't influence my life positively one bit,so why should I care?
why should Nigeria remain one then if some part of the country re neglected? Truth is always bitter
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Nonsense ! So we need not obey the Constitution any longer

But SHA.RIA LAW will definitely take us to the promise land. #Awon were.
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by themilanway(m): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Nonsense ! So we need not obey the Constitution any longer

But SHA.RIA LAW will definitely take us to the promise land. #Awon were.

What constitution are you talking about?

Ozu!
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by themilanway(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
merry02:
why should Nigeria remain one then if some part of the country re neglected? Truth is always bitter

You still haven't told me what you have benefitted from the so called Federal character.
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by merry02(m): 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
themilanway:

You still haven't told me what you have benefitted from the so called Federal character.
ur question is rythoric .....everybody can not benefit from federal character but is the best....maybe u ll encourage Buhari to ignores constitution and emback on decree
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by millhouse: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
No mind them...when making federal appointment Federal character dosen't matter , But during admission into unity schools or govt agencies there must be federal character to ensure equity. One would only ask how come a region with literacy level of 10% be more competent that those of over 97%.
The most annoying is the coward nature of the yourba race , whatever their slave master Hausa/fulani does is OK by them .

likila:
Ok,
so no more federal character for admission into schools and employment into govt agencies.
federal character is useless.
Re: What Federal Character Gotten You From 1999 Till Date? by ba7man(m): 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
Federal character has always given me orgasmic spasms, knowing that my tribe is represented in the looting of this Nation.

Yeah, I know the crumbs don't fall to me in the end but the knowledge gives me bragging rights.

(1) (Reply)

A Nigeria Emerges Presidential Candidate In spain / Mixed Reactions Trail Buhari’s Assets Declaration : Punch Newspaper / Comparison between Governor Ayo Fayose's appointments and PMB's appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.