Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. (16689 Views)

I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble / 7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff / Internet Abuse At Workplace: A Rising Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by purpledandelion: 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
I'll echo pidgin's advice. If you sign a legal contract of employment with the company, you have every cause to file a case against them in an employment tribunal. They have no right whatsoever to owe you salary for services rendered, to start with.

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by maldonaldo: 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
MadCow1:
So do you have proof? Can you pay 500,000 Naira in legal fees to get a Lawyer?

If yes, then go get a lawyer..

Or wait for them to die and attend their funeral like this..

looooooooolllllll........

Nice one but this one is not a joking matter.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
I'm not surprised.
I'm not appalled.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by maldonaldo: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
pDude:

Bros. Enough with the long story. You just blew hot air without passing across any message.

If you need justice done, then we need the name of the company as well as the various names of the people who infringed upon your rights.

Without names, you are just another individual who was cheated by Chinese people. Without names, you are on your own.

You of all people should know this by now.

Chief are you a legal practitioner?

If not , then i'll advice you to READ my concluding part well.
It doesn't have to be a FIGHT-FIGHT issue.

I'm asking for advice on what steps should be taken so as not to make mistakes. And i believe people in the legal practice will understand better.
Every sensible person will know that i can't just post names on this public forum without proper reasoning.

Thanks anyway
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
grin
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Op

What's the name of the company or what do they produce?

Maybe I can buy a distribution right too.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by alexlee50: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
Chinese practising slave labour since the days of mungo park
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Mistermamus(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
MrPristine:
The rubbish chinese and indian companies do in Nigeria to their Nigerian staff is really appalling angry
its bad buh in a way I don't blame them coz we Nigerians don't value ourselves always idolizing foreigners so wat do u expect wen u don't value ya own., an outsider wont value/respect you.

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
Show them you are a Nigerian..
Go haywire...Jungle justice thingy...
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
@op, i think i have a job for you in line with your work experience
http://www.lapo-nigeria.org/lapo-career
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Mistermamus(m): 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
handie:
I just shake my head and weep for my country. Bloody chinkos will come and boss us around in our country. Lebanese will leave their war ravaged country and come boss over us in our own country.... Even south Africans will come, boss over us, impose incredible prices(MTN and DSTV) on us, flout court orders, exploit our hospitality and take all their naija gotten wealth back to SA for investment. Even Indians who shouldn't stand near Nigeria in development(doubt that? How about u watch slumdog millionaire) will still come and boss over us. Why Nigeria? What sin did we commit? How have we gotten to this?
wen u don't value ya own wat do u expect? I will just say na Nigerians be d prob
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by montees(m): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Don't waste your resources and time, if you don't have a complete evidence to show in Court.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by histemple: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
pDude:

Bros. Enough with the long story. You just blew hot air without passing across any message.

If you need justice done, then we need the name of the company as well as the various names of the people who infringed upon your rights.

Without names, you are just another individual who was cheated by Chinese people. Without names, you are on your own.

You of all people should know this by now.

I think your contribution is harsh, to a fellow who is in excruciating pains of sudden retrenchment. It is not a situation anybody wishes for.

All we owe this fellow, is how to assist him with either our knowledge or influence to get justice, if needed.

However, we really do not need the company's name or persons involved. We only need the full details and a true picture of the situation that subjected him to this plight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by abbey621(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
It's too early to start shouting over 1 month's payment. This is 9ja and employers owe money all the time. It would be very hard for you to mount any legal challenge against them as other companies had set a precedence for cases such as this. They say payback is a b*tch, I would advise you to compile a list of all your clients and sabotage their business. Seriously you have the experience and home field advantage on your side, all you have to do is find a similar job with a competitor, poach all the clients to the new job and smile!
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by maldonaldo: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
montees:
Don't waste your resources and time, if you don't have a complete evidence to show in Court.

Thanks for your input.

I was actually employed as a Senior staff, i have my Appointment letter and i was made to undertake a Handing-over process where my ID card was collected and my immediate superiors( who are also part of the scheme now) counter-signed and ascertained that i'm not owing the company of it's partners any dime.
Funny thing is - They didn't give me a Termination letter, they just invited me to the Head office, Told me verbally and told me that i will be communicated on when to come for my Termination letter and they also made verbal promises of paying the salary of the last month in which i worked.

So what other evidence is needed?
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
maldonaldo:
Good day All, I have an issue with a Chinese- owned FMCG manufacturing company that is based in Agege, Lagos.

I was employed February this year as an Area Sales Manager and my job function was to recruit Distributors – Business people who buy in bulk purchases and resell to Sub-distributors, Wholesalers and retailers as the case may be.

Although faced with the challenges of :

- No support sales team like Sales executive, Merchandisers etc (Though they promised to provide)
- No mobility tool move around an Area covering 3 states in the south west.
- No support in form of Marketing and promotions.

As a career person who has over 6 years experience in the same position in other companies in the past, I gave in my best and in no time started getting sales from my location.

Suddenly during the 1st week of August I got a call to appear at the Head Office and was told I’ve been relieved of my services because I didn’t perform as expected by management. Shocking as it is, and coupled with the fact that records proved otherwise, I agreed to move since it’s not my father’s company.

BUT my salary of July was not paid up till now (Almost 1 month), despite the fact that I surpassed my target and did 117%- well above my target in the month of July.

I have done ALL the necessary clearance – which are releasing all company’s property in my possession and the company’s staff (National Sales Manager and Regional Managers) have confirmed that I do not owe any customer /Distributor any KOBO.

I have been calling the HR Manager, the NSM and Regional Manager for weeks and all they are playing me like I’m kid.

I believe this is an infringement on my Human rights as I have a lot of financial challenges; I have a young family to take care, I have to move on with my career and so on.

The delay has made me lose my intention of applying for an MBA I wanted to apply for as deadline for application is passed and I’ve been exposed to terrible conditions and situations that have financial links.

I hereby appeal to all Human Right activists, Labour union activists, human right lawyers and the general public[b] to advice me[/b] on what steps to take because I suspect FOUL PLAY by the management of this company.

I believe there are lots of Nigerian youths who have also been mistreated by these foreign companies and it's time we put an end to it.

Find a good settlement lawyer.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by engrbrume(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
How can we help? Why not contact a lawyer to take up your case? These people are not kind to themselves in their own country. what do we expect them to do here?
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by histemple: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
handie:
I just shake my head and weep for my country. Bloody chinkos will come and boss us around in our country. Lebanese will leave their war ravaged country and come boss over us in our own country.... Even south Africans will come, boss over us, impose incredible prices(MTN and DSTV) on us, flout court orders, exploit our hospitality and take all their naija gotten wealth back to SA for investment. Even Indians who shouldn't stand near Nigeria in development(doubt that? How about u watch slumdog millionaire) will still come and boss over us. Why Nigeria? What sin did we commit? How have we gotten to this?

You have raised very salient points that are worth reflecting upon. While I share your disappointment with the painful realities in the country, I will encourage you not to lose hope on our beautiful country.

More so, I want you to realize that there are laws guiding the operations of all companies in Nigeria. Companies like MTN, DSTV, SHOPRITE are just like GLO, HITV and TANTALIZER, and they are also regulated equally.

I agree with you that we are being exploited, and heavily so, but you also need to understand the challenges faced by these companies. That is WHY our indigenous companies like HITV, ECONET couldn't compete favourably.

They could have provided the needed competition and consumers alternative in the event of perceived exploitation or outright dissatisfaction.
The issue of arbitrary charges by DSTV was brought before the court on baseless terms. DSTV has the prerogative and protection of the law to review their charges at any time, just like any other company.

I can't remember any suit brought before the court on the arbitrary charges and or the erratic price reviews by our transport companies, private schools and even the CBN.

The consumers can only ask for consideration.

Most importantly, majority of us believe that seeking redress in court is a waste of time, and that is why most people are being unjustly exploited by both fellow Nigerians and foreigners.

3 Likes

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by stevesharon: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
You can write a letter of complain and adress it to the Hon commissioner public complaint comission,gate glass house National assembly, TBS ikoyi nigerian. And bring it my hand or post to this office .They would surely help u fight for ur right witout charges to retrive ur salary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Standing5(m): 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Op, you may want to consider some internal investigation as it may have been a case of you being short-changed by under reporting your efforts or division of your incentives
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by 83lagosroad(m): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
maldonaldo:
Good day All, I have an issue with a Chinese- owned FMCG manufacturing company that is based in Agege, Lagos.

I was employed February this year as an Area Sales Manager and my job function was to recruit Distributors – Business people who buy in bulk purchases and resell to Sub-distributors, Wholesalers and retailers as the case may be

- No support sales team like Sales executive, Merchandisers etc (Though they promised to provide)

As a career person who has over 6 years experience in the same position in other companies in the past, I gave in my best and in no time started getting sales from my location.

Suddenly during the 1st week of August I got a call to appear at the Head Office and was told I’ve been relieved of my services because I didn’t perform as expected by management. Shocking as it is, and coupled with the fact that records proved otherwise, I agreed to move since it’s not my father’s company.

BUT my salary of July was not paid up till now (Almost 1 month), despite the fact that I surpassed my target and did 117%- well above my target in the month of July.

I have done ALL the necessary clearance – which are releasing all company’s property in my possession and the company’s staff (National Sales Manager and Regional Managers) have confirmed that I do not owe any customer /Distributor any KOBO.

I have been calling the HR Manager, the NSM and Regional Manager for weeks and all they are playing me like I’m kid.

I believe this is an infringement on my Human rights as I have a lot of financial challenges; I have a young family to take care, I have to move on with my career and so on.

The delay has made me lose my intention of applying for an MBA I wanted to apply for as deadline for application is passed and I’ve been exposed to terrible conditions and situations that have financial links.

I hereby appeal to all Human Right activists, Labour union activists, human right lawyers and the general public[b] to advice me[/b] on what steps to take because I suspect FOUL PLAY by the management of this company.

I believe there are lots of Nigerian youths who have also been mistreated by these foreign companies and it's time we put an end to it.

Crycry baby dont diaturb urself go get a court injunction arrest the fucking chineese guys and disturb their production.

Or get urself back to the company and hold them to ransom

Otherwise get a very potent diabolic juju and finish either yhe HR or the NSM to serve as scape goat

The choice is urs
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by litetias(m): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
The corporate world is a nightmare. Complete jungle. There's no soul involved. Strictly business.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by naijathings(m): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
maldonaldo:

Hello Bro.
I faced the same thing sometime ago. I asked for my money but they started acting funny. I went to a lawyer who wrote the company and they wrote back in a very intimidating and hope-smashing manner through their very tough looking rich lawyers. I was scared I had nothing to hold the company to since I had never experienced such a thing before but my lawyer kept laughing @ their reply and the music changed when I sued for 2 million naira in damages and defamation of character and bla bla bla. We went to court and they saw I was not joking so They started begging and calling for truce and out of court settlement. I got 800,000 in settlement when all I was asking for was for them to settle me make I waka.

please get your appointment letter, payslips, salary account statement and a lawyer. DO NOT listen to anyone who tells you not to pursue this case except if you don't want to do it. I got a lot of discouraging talks from everyone, even my parents and brothers..... telling me to LEAVE IT FOR GOD, GOD WILL JUDGE THEM, blablabla. I am glad that I didn't listen to any of them. nothing was more satisfying than seeing the looks on their sorry cheating faces as they were begging.

4 Likes

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Patented: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
you can sue but except you have another claim other than wrongful termination of employment, the best you would get is probably your July salary and maybe another months salary depending on you contract of employment and maybe interest at the commercial rate calculated till the money is paid..

the law will not force an employee on an unwilling employer. you wont get much if anything by way of damages or a claim for legal fees. Candidly when you consider the cost of getting a good lawyer....you are better of cutting your losses and moving on
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by maldonaldo: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
naijathings:

Hello Bro.
I faced the same thing sometime ago. I asked for my money but they started acting funny. I went to a lawyer who wrote the company and they wrote back in a very intimidating and hope-smashing manner through their very touch looking rich lawyers. I was scared I had nothing to hold the company to since I had never experienced such a thing before but my lawyer kept laughing @ their reply and the music changed when I sued for 2 million naira in damages and defamation of character and bla bla bla. They started begging and calling for truce and out of court settlement. I got 800,000 in settlement when all I was asking for was for them to settle me make I waka.

please get your appointment letter, payslips, salary account statement and a lawyer. DO NOT listen to anyone who tells you not to pursue this case except if you don't want to do it. I got a lot of discouraging talks from everyone, even my parents and brothers..... telling me to LEAVE IT FOR GOD, GOD WILL JUDGE THEM, blablabla. I am glad that I didn't listen to any of them

Chief i don't know your religion but Dey talk Amen as i dey pray the following prayers:

Anybody wey say your hustle no go bring good fruit, na him no go reach house........
Anybody wey say na him wan chop all the fruits of all your labour inside sun, rain, under severe pressure to perform......... na suffer e go suffer all him days.......

God bless you
I thought about it and that is why i refused to write names on this public forum. I guess i will just relax and wait.......FOR MY TIME SHALL COME..

Best regards

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by rildwanullahi(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
maldonaldo:

I was employed February this year as an Area Sales Manager and my job function was to recruit Distributors – Business people who buy in bulk purchases and resell to Sub-distributors, Wholesalers and retailers as the case may be.

put the company Name, stop protecting them, they will have sense by then
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by rildwanullahi(m): 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
maldonaldo:

put the company Name, stop protecting them, they will have sense by then
stevesharon:
You can write a letter of complain and adress it to the Hon commissioner public complaint comission,gate glass house National assembly, TBS ikoyi nigerian. And bring it my hand or post to this office .They would surely help u fight for ur right witout charges to retrive ur salary.
thanks
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by naijathings(m): 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
maldonaldo:

Chief i don't know your religion but Dey talk Amen as i dey pray the following prayers:

Anybody wey say your hustle no go bring good fruit, na him no go reach house........
Anybody wey say na him wan chop all the fruits of all your labour inside sun, rain, under severe pressure to perform......... na suffer e go suffer all him days.......

God bless you
I thought about it and that is why i refused to write names on this public forum. I guess i will just relax and wait.......FOR MY TIME SHALL COME..

Best regards

God bless you too brother. Amen to all that.
There are lots of Lawyers looking for this type case because they will get their percentage from the court settlement. Go get a lawyer and let him tell you if you have enough ground for a case. if he says NO then u ask another lawyer. No let anyone use you play for money matter. when I wanted to sue my former company, nobody encouraged me. but I stubborn and I was not ready to go out without a fight. They brought the best lawyers who wear expensive suits and drive big cars but my own lawyer no even know wetin be Gucci. all that matters was that all my facts was right and the law was in my favour. such cases don't even take time. you can start looking for another job while you sue the chinko company. as for me, that was the last company I ever worked for. dem dey crayse for head. Victoria acerta.

2 Likes

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by engrshakespeare: 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
kajoula:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ...we know you grin pasting papers alover lagos

No mind am, na GNLD people.

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by ozome15(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bros, it seems u have a case. A very good one at that, if u are sure that all u have said is true. Send the name of the company, ur latter of employment, and every other details that will help look into the case. To onyedikaaguonyia@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBA President Akpata Absent At Body Of Benchers’ Meeting / Bankers, Others Take Insurance Cover Against Job Losses / What Certifications Can I Take IN QA/QC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.