Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Have You Ever Had Ogbono Soup With Ewedu?! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Had Ogbono Soup With Ewedu?! (1861 Views)

Young Man Makes Pepper Soup With Bush Rat After Hunting It Down. Photos / Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt / Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Had Ogbono Soup With Ewedu?! by pulcherima: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Well garnished Ogbono soup is a delicacy that makes my heart sing. Just thinking about some nicely molded pounded yam (even Ola Ola poundo yam would do) sitting beside a steaming bowl of ogbono is thrilling. Don't mind me, that is how I usually get lyrical about good food. Anyway, I'm sure we can all agree about the fact that Ogbono is always an excellent choice of soup anyday. Most people cook ogbono with ugwu leaves or other vegetables, accompanied with differnt kinds of protein of course. I usually even do it with okro too, and my family loves it. However, I never thought about Ogbono and Ewedu (Jute leaves) until I found this recipe on Korje, and believe me, it makes plenty sense!

http://opeyemioladotun..com/2015/08/for-love-of-food-have-you-ever-tried.html

Ingredients

2 cups ogbono, blended
1 large onion
3 fresh peppers, scotch bonnet or habanero
1/4 cup palm oil
Goat meat
Cow skin (ponmo)
1 stock fish head
Jute leaves
3 stock cubes

Method

Soak stock fish in salt water to soften. Pound pepper, crayfish and onion together, set aside.Wash goat meat properly. Wash ponmo and cut to desired size. Put the meat and stock fish in a pot and season with one stock cube and some salt, allow to cook in its own water for about 3 minutes before adding water. If your ponmo is hard, add it to the meat to cook from the onset. If it is soft, wait until the meat is almost ready before adding it.

When the meat is almost ready, put the pepper and crayfish mix, add the palm oil too. Make sure you still have enough meat stock in the pot, if not, add some water.

Put in your properly blended ogbono and allow to boil for about 10 minutes, stir regularly to avoid burning. Add the remaining stock cubes. Taste for salt. Add jute and allow to cook for a few minutes before removing from heat.

See more @ http://opeyemioladotun..com

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had Ogbono Soup With Ewedu?! by thirdi(m): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
Can some one please like me for nothing. Just hit like ....see it below ....yes like hit it

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had Ogbono Soup With Ewedu?! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
thirdi:
Can some one please like me for nothing. Just hit like ....see it below ....yes like hit it

lol! grin try harder if you want like grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Everything About Nigeria Jollof Rice And Ghana Jollof Rice / Farm4me Broiler Scheme 21% ROI Profit / Who Knows The Real Name Of This Strange Fish ? (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.