Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

$75m World Bank Loan: Oshiomhole Must Render Account – Law Maker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $75m World Bank Loan: Oshiomhole Must Render Account – Law Maker (393 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan / Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$75m World Bank Loan: Oshiomhole Must Render Account – Law Maker by realtestament(m): 6:17am On Aug 29, 2015
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru, Abuja
A member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Onyemaechi Mrakpor has told Governor Adams Oshiomhole to get prepared to give account on how he will spend the $75 million that was recently approved for Edo State by the National Assembly and other revenues belonging to the state after his tenure.
Hon. Mrakpor who is representing Aniocha/Oshimili Federal Constituency of Delta State in the House of Representatives also told Governor Oshiomhole to concentrate on how to better the lives of the Edo people instead of tarnishing the image of  former President Goodluck Jonathan and the former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
In an exclusive interview with Saturday Vanguard while reacting to the statement credited to the Edo State governor on corruption allegations against Jonathan’s administration, the lawmaker claimed that the governor had become a distraction to President Muhammadu Buhari and needed to be called to order by the President.
She said, “I think Governor Oshiomole should try and help Edo State people by keeping quiet. He has tried so much to tarnish the image of one of my constituents, a well respected woman of international repute, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. “But thank God that the more he tries to do that, the more the international community discredits his statements. I think Governor Oshiomole is talking too much.
“He should give President Buhari the space to work. If Oshiomole brings anybody, I mean anybody to run for an election in Edo State, he should equally be stoned together with that candidate. He should first put his house in order”,she said referring to Oshiomhole’s comment that former President Jonathan could be stoned.
She continued: “He does not know that Buhari cannot be deceived, very soon, as Jonathan, Okonjo-Iweala and every other stakeholder in PDP is giving account, Oshiomhole will also have reasons to account for his stewardship. “I am getting rather embarrassed with him, his comments are becoming distracting and I will not surprised if President Buhari calls him to order very soon.”
On the criticism that President Buhari’s appointments so far had favoured a particular section of the country, Mrakpor who is a member of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, media caucus committee said that it was premature for anybody to make any such conclusion.
According to her, “I would want to disagree on that. He has not done half of the appointment. So, you cannot clearly say that the appointments are lopsided. “The new NNPC boss is from Delta State. To that extent and one or two others, it will be too premature to conclude that he is tribalistic or that his appointments are one-sided. We can only sum up that when he is done with the appointments.  I am a realist.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/75m-world-bank-loan-oshiomhole-must-render-account-law-maker/#sthash.agzAvwbv.dpuf
Re: $75m World Bank Loan: Oshiomhole Must Render Account – Law Maker by Kalvan: 6:19am On Aug 29, 2015
Re: $75m World Bank Loan: Oshiomhole Must Render Account – Law Maker by powerfulsettingz: 6:37am On Aug 29, 2015
Lol the moniker above me thinks this will make front page therefore booking space
Re: $75m World Bank Loan: Oshiomhole Must Render Account – Law Maker by kossyablaze(m): 7:26am On Aug 29, 2015
He must!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $75m World Bank Loan: Oshiomhole Must Render Account – Law Maker by Jorussia(m): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Your Time Dey Come.... / Tribunal Fixes Sept 8 For Adeyemi, Dino’s Case / VP Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo Lambasts Northern Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.