Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. (2801 Views)

Pre-colonial African Animation Available Now! Check It Out! / It Is Finally Here! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! / Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by Kanoro: 7:51am On Aug 29, 2015
I am an artist and I have had an idea for close to 10 years now that has been developing and growing as has my creativity and knowledge. I have made a comic to narrate my series but lately it's just become tedious. I plan to make my ideas into an animation or video game in the future. As of right now, I am set on the idea of making an animation and I already have a few sets and characters created. It will be an action, drama, suspense, fantasy theme.

However, doing an animation alone is pretty difficult and I'd like to know if anyone else would be interested in contributing to it. I need voice actors (who can emulate African accents) and I need artists as well as anyone capable of creating music. Even if you aren't interested in helping, feel free to ask questions, comment or subscribe to my channel if you would like to see the series when it unfolds. Here is a test video. It has nothing to do with the storyline at all and I know the quality is far from perfect and that's because it's a low quality camera. For the final animation, I will be filming with a 1080p HD cam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVoz9VsuGc

If you are interested, simply reply to this thread telling me what you would like to do and I will tell you what is needed and I will give you the background story of the first episode.
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2015
This is a lovely idea, I'm in if u need yoruba voice actor
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by Kanoro: 8:21am On Aug 29, 2015
trukoments:
Definitely. Most of the culture in this is based on Yoruba, Edo, and Akan. All I really need from voice actors is obviously decent acting but also a good quality microphone.
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by Kanoro: 9:34am On Aug 29, 2015
trukoments:
Do you have Skype? I can share more info with you there.
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by Kanoro: 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
trukoments:

Well... thanks anyway.
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by caboltx(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2015
Kanoro:
I am an artist and I have had an idea for close to 10 years now that has been developing and growing as has my creativity and knowledge. I have made a comic to narrate my series but lately it's just become tedious. I plan to make my ideas into an animation or video game in the future. As of right now, I am set on the idea of making an animation and I already have a few sets and characters created. It will be an action, drama, suspense, fantasy theme.

However, doing an animation alone is pretty difficult and I'd like to know if anyone else would be interested in contributing to it. I need voice actors (who can emulate African accents) and I need artists as well as anyone capable of creating music. Even if you aren't interested in helping, feel free to ask questions, comment or subscribe to my channel if you would like to see the series when it unfolds. Here is a test video. It has nothing to do with the storyline at all and I know the quality is far from perfect and that's because it's a low quality camera. For the final animation, I will be filming with a 1080p HD cam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVoz9VsuGc

If you are interested, simply reply to this thread telling me what you would like to do and I will tell you what is needed and I will give you the background story of the first episode.

Am also planning mine
See you at the top
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by Kanoro: 4:52am On Sep 04, 2015
caboltx:

Am also planning mine
See you at the top

What type of animaiton is it going to be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmNB9ImNq74
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by caboltx(m): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2015
Kanoro:

What type of animaiton is it going to be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmNB9ImNq74

An anime concerning African gods cool
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by Kanoro: 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
caboltx:

An anime concerning African gods cool

What type of medium will you be using? Lol maybe we could work together.
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by caboltx(m): 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
Kanoro:

What type of medium will you be using? Lol maybe we could work together.

Emmmm I have never thought of that
Am still very much a beginner grin wink
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by Kanoro: 5:45am On Sep 05, 2015
caboltx:

Emmmm I have never thought of that
Am still very much a beginner grin wink

Do you have Skype or Facebook or something? I consider myself fairly experienced. Here is an animation I made in high school with my friend. This was 8 years ago. I know the accents may be off though because I'm American. I could really use some authentic accents lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHrtcMr-2GQ
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by caboltx(m): 9:08am On Sep 05, 2015
Kanoro:

Do you have Skype or Facebook or something? I consider myself fairly experienced. Here is an animation I made in high school with my friend. This was 8 years ago. I know the accents may be off though because I'm American. I could really use some authentic accents lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHrtcMr-2GQ

shocked shocked shocked wow nice! I wish I could do that
Am still honing my drawing skills
And I know nothing about animation
I don't have a Skype account
Re: Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. by Kanoro: 10:00am On Sep 05, 2015
caboltx:

shocked shocked shocked wow nice! I wish I could do that
Am still honing my drawing skills
And I know nothing about animation
I don't have a Skype account

Hm well good luck. I'm sure I can do this on my own but it would be nice to have a dedicated crew to work with. Especially for voice acting.

(1) (Reply)

Article Writers Needed / Contact Us For Design And Printing Of Awards And Plaques / Need Logo Designer For N1000 Per Design. A Job Every Week At Least.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.