Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace Premier League Preview - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace Premier League Preview (1181 Views)

VIDEO: Arsenal 4 – 1 Crystal Palace (premier League) Highlights 2017/18 / Tuesday Champions League Preview : Prediction, Bet Tips & Team Analysis / UEFA Champions League Preview: Chelsea-roma, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace Premier League Preview by McCarlito(m): 9:53am On Aug 29, 2015

Referee: Craig Pawson

Crystal Palace has not won at Chelsea since 1982 and Alan Pardew knows his side will have to be at its very best to end that wait.

Alan Pardew believes Chelsea is stronger when it coasted to the Premier League title last season ahead of Crystal Palace's trip to Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Chelsea has made an indifferent start to the defence of the title, drawing at home to Swansea City before losing 3-0 at Manchester City and then winning 3-2 at West Brom last weekend.
The champions was reduced to 10 men in two of those matches, with goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois dismissed against Swansea and captain John Terry given his marching orders at The Hawthorns.
Pedro scored on his debut against Tony Pulis' side following his move from Barcelona, while Jose Mourinho has also brought in the likes of Radamel Falcao and Baba Rahman.

Mourinho will be expecting his side to put on a show in what will be his 100th Premier League home game in charge and his 200th in total in the top tier.
Chelsea did the double over Palace last season and Pardew is braced for another tough afternoon when his side attempt to secure a third win in their first four top-flight matches - and a first away victory against their London rivals since 1982.

"Chelsea is always a difficult game, especially at home," said the former Newcastle United manager. "They can counter attack you at any time, and the concentration levels needed to win there are really high. We performed almost to our maximum last year and still got beat, so we need to be at our best to stand a chance of winning. We've won three out of four. So we're in great shape going into the game.
"But I think they have a side that looks to be better than last year, and that side won the league. Chelsea aren't quite in the groove they were when we played them last time - and neither are we. They were really at their best, and we were really in form, but it's so early on, so both teams won't be at the highest level yet. We haven't been as fluent as I'd like, but we've been exciting and we've had some great moments, and we've got players who can change a game at any moment."

Pedro is set to make his home debut after such an eye-catching first performance in English football against Albion. Terry will not feature as he serves a one-match ban for his dismissal, so Gary Cahill will most likely earn a recall to the starting line up.
It remains to be seen if Victor Moses and Oscar (both knocks) will return.

Palace, which needed extra time to top Shrewsbury Town 4-1 in the League Cup second round on Tuesday, will welcome back winger Yannick Bolasie from compassionate leave following the death of his father.
Mile Jedinak has been ruled out with a hamstring injury sustained against Shrewsbury, while Pardew confirmed that Alex McCarthy will keep his place despite the return of long-serving goalkeeper Julian Speroni.
Re: Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace Premier League Preview by boman2014: 10:12am On Aug 29, 2015
booked!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace Premier League Preview by McCarlito(m): 11:27am On Aug 29, 2015
Chelsea is winning today and I'm predicting
Chelsea 3 : 1 Crystal Palace
Re: Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace Premier League Preview by Akposkool(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2015
The palace will be crushed at the bridge. Go go chelsea. I expect Hazard to score today, I also expect govnor Costa to score. But I expect bolasie not to play cus I don't want to expect another nightmare for Ivanovic. The dude has suffered this season. Please start baba rahman and move Dave to right back. KTBFFH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace Premier League Preview by McCarlito(m): 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
I expect Pedro to score on his home debute and Hazzard to also score...
Baba Rahman will be starting from the bench I believe cos the 4 backs are already booked by ivanovic, Cahil, Zouma and luis/Azi
Re: Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace Premier League Preview by Dobxy(m): 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
For best Accumulations from leagues across World, subscribe to this BB Channel and enjoy our Tips 100% free

C00161AF2

(1) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney VS Zlatan Ibrahimovic ... Who Is A Better Player? / Neymar Clashes With Nelson Semedo In Barcelona Training Session / Jay Jay Okocha Skills, Goals, Assists --NIGERIA-- Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.