Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments (1468 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari / Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari On His Recent Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by AnthonyAk(m): 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2015
President Buhari recently named a couple of folks to national leadership roles in the country. A lot of folks were unhappy with the makeup of the a list of appointees. I have heard everything from “Arewa List” to “Bring Back the Northern Oligarchy” accusations lunged at Buhari.

But it has been less than 100 days in office for the general and so far, I don’t think he has been judged fairly by his detractors(also known as haters).

On the matter of this recent appointees, I am solidly behind GMB and here is why:

INTEGRITY
None of the appointees on these list has ever been mentioned with even a hint of corruption before, at least not to my knowledge, and I am sure if any had been, by now, the Ndigbo and Southerners will be running riot. If there is one thing Nigeria is in grave need of, it is leaders of integrity. Of course, because a man has not stolen before doesn’t mean he will not steal tomorrow but right now Buhari has nothing to work on than reputation. It doesn’t matter if a good man is from the town on the borderline between Nigeria and Cameroun; what matters is that we can trust him.

COMPETENCE
I have done my research and honestly I am very impressed. There are PhD holders on the list, individuals with unrivalled experience both home and abroad. Their resumes are on fleek abeg so seriously unless their village people start doing them there is no reason why these appointees will not get the job done. That is what we need, to get the job done! Look at Abba Kyari, the new Chief of staff, for instance, He holds 2 degrees in law from Cambridge (Cambridge for heavens sake! )and another one in Sociology. He has worked as director in both Unilever and ExxonMobil. I mean, just because he cannot say “Igbo kwenu” with the right intonation doesn’t mean he is wrong for the job.

GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
This past government rubbished the people of the south-south as some of the most incompetent people in West Africa. I mean, just look at the people he surround himself with-some of the most clueless people ever and majority were southerners and westerners (Think Doyin Okupe etc!) Can you honestly blame Buhari for being reluctant to look to that part for the country for his team?

VOTES
Did you folks somehow forget who voted Buhari into power? No it wasn’t Ndigbo or the Niger Delta. The Yoruba Yoruba people tried their best but greedy folks like Fayose did not help matters. Buhari is human and if he is somehow partial to the North in his appointments because they voted for him, next time the rest of you should try and wake up a little earlier and smell the coffee. You will be okay in the end.

POPULATION
I know Lagosians like to deceive themselves that they are the most populated state in Nigeria. It is a lie of the devil. Whether we like it or not, the North is responsible for a bigger percentage of Nigeria’s population than any other geographical area. So if there are 5 Hausa men in every 10 Nigerians, what part of the country do you exactly expect to have more appointments? Yeah that’s right! Now stop speaking Turanci and allow this man do this work.

TIME
It has taken Buhari this long to come up with appointees. Honestly we should be doing thanksgiving and not complaining.

More Important Issues: Not every time argue, Nigerians. We need to learn which battles to fight. No really, we do. Fighting with a conductor that can beat you effortlessly for N20 is not worth it-your hospital bill will be bigger if he gets his hands on you. If it is N100 change and above now, I for hear. Same with Buhari’s government; let’s wait to expend our energy on the impending economy crisis that these falling oil prices will bring or on sending positive vibes to our troops fighting Boko Haram. Priorities people, priorities.

I hope with these facts, I have been able to convince you that Buhari meant his word when he said “I am for nobody and I am for everybody!” Let’s allow the man work abeg and stop giving him headache left right and center.

Source

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by INTROVERT(f): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
What a write up.... I agree on a number of points..

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ok
Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by SUGARBEE(f): 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
Buhari is starting to show his dictatorship colors

[size=15pt]#SUGARBEE[/size]

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
I'm just a 5% man who never regrets not voting for PMB & still never regrets not getting anything from him..

The Sun Will Always Rise From The East

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by Sunofgod(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
I'm loving his appointments - Now, who's politically naive?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by ckmayoca: 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
Saying he got more vote from somewhere is nonsense. Atleast 1 person voted him from that region and what is the fate of that one person and right from north, 100s of thousand of ppl voted against him. And it's a slap saying no other person from other region has integrity.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by skak(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
When PMB appointed NNPC Boss the complain was he is not Igbo enough, When he appointed IRS Boss the complain was his certificate is fake, now he appointed 3 muslims, 3 christians giving minorities some voice the complain is North vs South. People forget that Buhari is still maintaining IG of Police, CBN governor among other heads of parastatals that are southerners. May be we are destined to be doomed. May be this is who we are as a people and thats why Nigeria is retrogressing. We are such backward thinkers and degenerative minds full of hate. Its unfortunate though to say the least.

Lalasticlala
Lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by Ola17: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
Rubbish!
This should be the most stupîd 'article ' I've read in recent times and to think I wasted a couple of minutes reading this trash doubles my anger.

The 'article' even collaborated recent opinion that PMB is nepotistic in his appointments. Tell me, isn't nepotism a terrible form of corruption? We all voted for him, he must treat us equally.

One thing I've noticed about PMB and his handlers is, instead of showing or telling us the work they are doing, they keep reminding us of how bad the previous government was. Like wtf! It's 100 days already! We voted out GEJ because he performed below expectations, we know that already! Now can you guys please do wtf you were elected for?!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by egift(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
Those #WailingLooters that told us "GEJ Till 2019", published Buhari's obituary and said Buhari will never be President of Nigeria are now pretending they voted for Buhari and are not happy. Don't ever mind those Haters. They do not want Buhari to remain president. In fact they will have wild jubilation is Buhari should vanish now.

And any Progressive angry with Buhari now, lack the basic understanding of the Change movement. He is still thinking this is PDP reign.

Every part of Nigeria will be represented when all the appointments are made. Ride on Mr. President.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by egift(m): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ola17:
Rubbish!
This should be the most stupîd 'article ' I've read in recent times and to think I wasted a couple of minutes reading this trash doubles my anger.

The 'article' even collaborated recent opinion that PMB is nepotistic in his appointments. Tell me, isn't nepotism a terrible form of corruption? We all voted for him, he must treat us equally.

One thing I've noticed about PMB and his handlers is, instead of showing or telling us the work they are doing, they keep reminding us of how bad the previous government was. Like wtf! It's 100 days already! We voted out GEJ because he performed below expectations, we know that already! Now can you guys please do wtf you were elected for?!

Ola, go lagoon yourself. You have more than 4yrs to wail. BTW, Buhari will succeed.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by bettercreature(m): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
Buhari hasnt done anything for the past 3 months and i dont see a reason why we should credit him
or is there anything he can actually point at out there? i dont think so
I'm still supporting him because am still having about 21hours of electricity per day
beside that? PMB is a scammer
And we are still waiting
Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by StOla: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
As for state population, federal census figures shows that only Kano state is slightly more populous than Lagos state. No other Northern state even comes close. However, the Lagos state government sponsored census gives a figure that towers above Kano state and is in harmony with population estimates defined for Lagos.

That the North is more populous than the south is a different argument all together, which the federal census should have answered already.

Every other point raised is mildly acceptable when you consider the pattern employed by previous recent administrations.
Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by StOla: 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
I'm mostly impressed by his appointment as SGF of an untainted politician.

His appointment of a non-system man to head customs is a master stroke. No decent man could have risen from the ranks of a corrupt service like the Customs Service.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by SomebodyLovesMe: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
Nigerians have asked for change and given Buhari a tall order.

It is Buhari's responsibility to hire those he deems best to achieve that change. How can we ask him to deliver, but also try to manipulate him into choosing the people to work with?

You cannot tell a barber what tools to use to cut your hair. Your role is to tell him the style you want, and shut up while he does his job. If you do not trust him, then don't choose him. If you trust him, then give him time to cut your hair, and only judge when he is done.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
I see nothing wrong with PMB's appointments so far... Besides, there are still many more appointments to follow. So what's all the fuss about!
Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by drss(m): 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
We the 5% patriots don't care about the zoo.
Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by eduxerxes: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
Buhari has concluded the most important appointments of his government. ON THE LATEST FEDERAL APPOITMENTS. Sir Aliyu Nuhu Wrote

"The damage has already been done. The key positions had gone to the North and what remains may not correct the imbalance even if all the 300 future appointments go to the South. Buhari has concluded the most important appointments of his government and leaving himself with a Public Relation disaster. The skewed appointments lacked political, regional, religious and ethnic colour. How on earth can one explain a government led by a Northerner with Head of Service, Chief of Staff, SGF and all that matter coming from Northern region? How can Buhari completely ignore the people, I mean the politicians that catapulted him to power? In ministerial appointments to come, at least, by law 19 must go to the North. Buhari is the petroleum minister. FCT, Defense and finance may definitely go North. Whatever goes South might not assuage grievances. Remember the last appointment also saw only one southerner while eight went to the North. Federal cabinet selection is not like national soccer team selection where people don't care where players come from as long as they deliver the trophy. As a nation we have not matured to that level. They said truth is bitter, but let it be said."
Sir Aliyu Nuhu who wrote the above post is a highly respected Northerner.
Re: 7 Reasons Why We Are Not Mad At Buhari’s Recent Appointments by vanunu: 11:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
The problem between north and south sudan started this way. Buhari why?

(1) (Reply)

Where Are Igbos, Yorubas In Buhari’s Govt? - Shocking Appointment List ! / The Anioma People / FG Orders IG To Hand Over Saraki Money Laundering Case File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.