Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,417 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Gender Equality In Nigeria:friend Or Foe? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gender Equality In Nigeria:friend Or Foe? (914 Views)

Gender Equality: An Important Economic Rationale / Gender Equality / Which Would You Choose To Know; Your Friend Or Your Enemy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gender Equality In Nigeria:friend Or Foe? by dirorodje(m): 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gender equality is believed to be an equal right of all human (male and female),but firstly I would love us to separate both words and then put them back together.
GENDER simply means the fact of being male or female,especially when considered with references to social and cultural differences. While EQUALITY is the fact of being equal in rights,status,advantages and before the law.
According to wikipedia, GENDER EQUALITY is the view that men and women should receive equal treatment, and should not be discriminated against based on gender.
What it simply states is that all human are to be given equal rights to everything and no one should be discriminated because he/she is a male/female from doing whatever they do and in my view that gives birth to so many other things most NIGERIANS see mostly as havoc and abomination,if a man should not be discriminated for dressing like a woman or acting as one then he can be see as a woman and that is what I believe to be homosexual. In foreign countries which gender equality was introduced,the men and women go to work,the call each other,they share the bills,the do things based on equal rights.
Now in terms of our great country NIGERIA,over the last 5 years women of this country are so furious and aggressive ovver the issue of GENDER EQUALITY yet they fail to understand the full concept of gender equality,what it really means and how it works but all they care about is keep chanting the word or getting it mixed up in their speech at all times,I will try to clarify my argument so everyone can best understand what am saying.

In nigeria generally,it is believed a guy should always be the one to toast a woman by all means necessary and when a woman seems to try to want to toast a guy all the women who claimed they know all about GENDER EQUALITY call her a fool or a prostitute,but they fail to realize that being equal in gender means to all aspect of life,a woman will always want the guy to make the calls at all time and even when you send card to her just to assist she would flash you and expect you to call or may likely call and say thanks but that is all you will ever get cos majority of nigeria women mentality is that the guys should do the calling but they spend time talking to their female friends.
MOST NIGERIA women wants to be given full respect as a gender so they always fight for equality BUT they will never do what it meant to be equal,when couples are paying for stuffs together people call the man a selfish and stingy man,when a man asked from a woman he his a fool and a gold digger,but none of these women would realise or see that the foreigners they want to imitate when it comes to gender equality they keep to their end of the bargain,a woman can't find a guy in a club she likes and talk to him,all she will try to do is send signs to him so he can maybe come over and talk to her.
Most NIGERIAN women would say why buy expensive gifts for a guy or even buy at all,he ought to keep sending you gifts,they want all the good stuffs attached to GENDER EQUALITY but they don't want to do their own part of the bargain,sometimes I just feel it's insane mostly when a man would have to go to a woman's house to seek for her hand in marriage and they would ask him to bring heaven and earth,those women claiming GENDER EQUALITY will never split the bills with the man since it's their marriage,I think they should pick up the challenge and see what it really means to say GENDER EQUALITY for humanity,am not against it but I just hate it when they have to hide behind it in some cases and then in the other case come out as being an african woman where the man do it all cos in my own opinion I have always believed women are far more greater and special species than men.
“ I THINK WOMEN ARE FOOLISH TO PRETEND THEY ARE EQUAL TO MEN,THEY ARE FAR SUPERIOR AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN” - WILLIAM GOLDING
Re: Gender Equality In Nigeria:friend Or Foe? by rawpadgin(m): 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
Too long
Re: Gender Equality In Nigeria:friend Or Foe? by Princiology(m): 6:01am On Jun 21, 2019
For more explanation on Gender and definition of other related terms, see this post on my website: https://www.princiology.com/gender-meaning-and-definition-of-gender-related-terms/
Re: Gender Equality In Nigeria:friend Or Foe? by sundaygray(m): 8:13am On Jun 21, 2019
There's nothing like gender equality if you're logical, both genders are totally different, this is about the closest to gender equality as can be, anything else will be problematic for women. Both genders can never be equal, there's already equal right to both genders but there is and always will be differences, if a woman want to be treated or behave as a man she'll live a very miserable life. Men already have high suicidal rate, depression and are more likely to develop mental problems and harsh lifestyle. Any woman who wants to be equal to a man has no idea what's coming her way

(1) (Reply)

Amputee Soldier's Heartfelt Muslim Facebook Post Goes Viral / PROPHETIC UPDATE From Rev. Gabriel Israel Of Newlife Word Church / Star Money Ukfootball Pool Draw Banker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.