Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo (2181 Views)

Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse / Michael Emenalo To Become Chelsea Sporting Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by iReport: 12:47am On Apr 01, 2009

Mikel Obi almost fainted -Emenalo

Written by Onochie Anibeze
Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mikel

"Mikel Obi lasted only ten minutes in training. He was sick. He tried to train but couldn’t. After ten minutes, he was falling and had to be held and helped out of the training ground. He was gasping and almost fainted”.

This was how Mike Emenalo, one of Nigeria’s biggest names abroad, captured Mikel Obi’s last training session in Chelsea of England.
The next thing, Mikel was playing a 90 minute game for Nigeria in far away Mozambique.

Emenalo is now Chelsea’s Chief Scouting Officer. He called from London yesterday to say that Nigeria was unreasonable to have started Mikel in the match what more allowing him for last the duration.

Emenalo did not pour venoms on the coaching crew but was disappointed at the whole system that portrayed Nigeria as backward people.

“I really don’t understand why a sick person would be compelled to travel that long distance for a game he was not fit to play. I know Mikel. He always likes playing and must have tried to impress it on them that he could play. But it was left for them to find out about his fitness. I say this because the reports I’m getting from Nigeria is that he didn’t play well.

But I say that Mikel was sick and almost fainted in his last training before the Tottenham game. He could not play that game. He only lasted ten minutes in training and was even falling when they held him. Now Nigeria invited him and Chelsea said he was sick. They did not believe anybody and insisted that he must report for the match for their doctor to certify him fit or not.

That’s a wrong thing to do. Why do we have Embassies? They should have contacted our Embassy in England to find out whether he was sick or not.

The Embassy would have given them a genuine report because they are there for Nigeria. I don’t understand why they would force somebody who was sick to go through further pains in the long journey and still play well. And you are talking of somebody who had not trained for few days before travelling. I don’t understand. We have to change our ways.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/31/302.html
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tosinaded(m): 7:13am On Apr 01, 2009
Stupid country!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by chidichris(m): 8:34am On Apr 01, 2009
mikel is trying to please a people that has no value for him. he shld learn from the experience of sam okwaraji who died playing for nigeria.
what is happening to sam okwaraji's family since then. in what ways are nigerians and nigeria remembering a man that died playing for her.
imagine nigeria asking mikel to come for their doctors to certify him. is there a doctor in nigeria and if the answer is yes, why is that our leaders go abroad whenever they feel the slightest headache.
nigeria is not worth dying for.
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by HNIC(m): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2009
chidichris:

mikel is trying to please a people that has no value for him. he shld learn from the experience of sam okwaraji who died playing for nigeria.
what is happening to sam okwaraji's family since then. in what ways are nigerians and nigeria remembering a man that died playing for her.
imagine nigeria asking mikel to come for their doctors to certify him. is there a doctor in nigeria and if the answer is yes, why is that our leaders go abroad whenever they feel the slightest headache.
I beg your pardon about the highlighted!!!
Reh, reh, reh
It's not by force for Mikel to play for Nigeria
If he doesn't want to play, let him say so and some other person will gladly do his job!
Was it not by playing for Nigeria that he got into LYN of Norway?
If he didn't play for Nigeria, would he be at Chelsea today?
Come to think of it.
you need to play 75% of your national team matches for your work permit to be renewed in England.
With that, hope you can see that Mikel also needs Nigeria!
meanwhile, Emenalo is just defending his compatriot's woeful performance.
Nothing more!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tkb417(m): 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2009
im sure they didnt give birth to u in a hospital?
u were born in a manger too shey?
asshole

is it cos u live in dubai?
ur brains need some thermostat
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by ilaugh1: 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2009
The guy/lady who said "stupid country" - who realy are you referring to? Who is the country?
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tosinaded(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2009
I talk am say we no get sense 4 this country!
Person no fit,dem force am play una dey complain!
If he didnt show(which he shldnt av) una go still complain!

nigerians are bias!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tkb417(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2009
I[b] talk am say we no get sense 4 this country[/b]!
Person no fit,dem force am play una dey complain!
If he didnt show(which he shldnt av) una go still complain!

nigerians are bias!
hold it dumbo!

read the posts and dont be blind to the flow of tots
and by what measurement did u deduce ur 'senseless theory' of 9jas
u must be high on bar beach water to think u have a right to yarn opaks
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tkb417(m): 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2009
Stupid country!
I-laugh
he was actually calling a country stupid
grin grin grin when they wont face thier books while in school.
The educated illiterates we have in this country is the reason why the country is "stupid" grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by ilaugh1: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2009
tkb417:

I-laugh
he was actually refering to a country to be stupid
grin grin grin when they wont face thier books while in school.
The educated illiterates we have in this country is the reason why the country is "stupid" grin grin

When people say the country is stupid, i am in my mind actually saying that starts with you talking, am i right?
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tkb417(m): 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2009
When people say the country is stupid, i am in my mind actually saying that starts with you talking, am i right?
ooooh, u dont get shey
read very well cheesy

The dude called 9ja stupid and i was only trying to say the reason why the country will be "stupid" if its allowed in grammar is because of people like him.

or u too cant read simple english grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by MAITEMA(m): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2009
Who is Mike Emenalo? Is he not that boy that nobody knew? the same boy that was playing his oblivious football in the U.S. and from nowhere Westerhof imposed him on our U.S.A '94 team? Isnt he the infamous no.26? the incompetent central defender! Was is not his inability to cover for Cerezo (Eguavoen) properly that left Eguavoen with no option than no bring down Roberto Baggio in the 86th minute and then the Italians got a penalty that gave them the equalizer and then ultimately spur them to win the game and deny Nigeria of a historic quarterfinal place in the World cup? As far as I am concerned that is as far as his history as a Nigerian player goes. He should shut up! and look for better ways to protect his job as a Chelski scout rather than use Nigeria-Mikel issue as a leverage to get into good books of his employers.

Emmanueal Adebayor was injured and had not played for Arsenal for 5weeks yet rather than wait to to return to England to get an okay from his team’s medical staff and then start playing for Arsenal after a long layoff he opted to play for his country and scored the only goal that destroyed Cameroun.

Where is patriotism in this country? Why is an ingrate like Emenalo who wants our players to only serve their fatherland when extremely convenient for them a voice in our football? Emenalo is a nonentity and a bloody opportunist. I remember Nduka Ugbade was deprived of the opportunity to be in our U.S.A ’94 team and ultimately make history as the first player in the world to play in u-17, u-21 and senior world cup because his expected place was "dramatically" conceded to Emenalo, and this is how this scumbag pays Nigeria; putting Chelsea before Nigeria.
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tosinaded(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
Guy u av no point!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tosinaded(m): 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2009
So because emenalo failed us as player according to u,he shldnt av come out to do his job?
Is dat wut u sayn?

@tkb abi tbk
keep analysing my post ok,since ure jobless!
I dnt give a F "%k
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tkb417(m): 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2009
@tkb abi tbk
keep analysing my post ok,since ure jobless!
I dnt give a F "%k
what stops me from analysing ur post if u can analyse other peoples post?
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tosinaded(m): 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2009
Like i said,i dnt care!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tkb417(m): 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2009
then gerrof the webspace cos ure constituting so much nuisance with ur hooey!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by HNIC(m): 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2009
MAITEMA:

Who is Mike Emenalo? Is he not that boy that nobody knew? the same boy that was playing his oblivious football in the U.S. and from nowhere Westerhof imposed him on our U.S.A '94 team? Isnt he the infamous no.26? the incompetent central defender! Was is not his inability to cover for Cerezo (Eguavoen) properly that left Eguavoen with no option than no bring down Roberto Baggio in the 86th minute and then the Italians got a penalty that gave them the equalizer and then ultimately spur them to win the game and deny Nigeria of a historic quarterfinal place in the World cup?
First of all, you got it all WRONG!
Baggio did not equalize from the penalty spot.
A swift move from the italians found Baggio around the box 18 and he scored with a low drive to the right of Dodo Mayana!
The penalty was conceeded in extra time, which Baggio dispatched also

However, the same Emenalo powered down the left(when we were 1-2 down) and delivered a low cross inside the italian's 18 yard box.
Yekini was at the end of the cross and guess what! he missed from 4-5 yards out! shocked shocked

I am not holding brief for Emenalo.
He is just defending his Compatriot like I said earlier.
The real issue is Mikel Obi
He was pathetic in the middle of the park on that day
and really, he hasn't impressed in central midfield for as long as I  can remember embarassed
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tosinaded(m): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2009
I remember udeze got injured playn 4 nigeria and nothing was done by the nfa!
Instead,he was replaced with taiye taiwo,he lost his place at his club in d process!
Nigeria aint worth dying for at all!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by switch47(m): 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
WHAT do you expect? the Guy is playing for the wrong team called chelsea killing his career---CHELSEA is another name for Bad luck!!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by AloyEmeka9: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2009
Who is Mike Emenalo? Is he not that boy that nobody knew? the same boy that was playing his oblivious football in the U.S. and from nowhere Westerhof imposed him on our U.S.A '94 team? Isnt he the infamous no.26? the incompetent central defender! Was is not his inability to cover for Cerezo (Eguavoen) properly that left Eguavoen with no option than no bring down Roberto Baggio in the 86th minute and then the Italians got a penalty that gave them the equalizer and then ultimately spur them to win the game and deny Nigeria of a historic quarterfinal place in the World cup? As far as I am concerned that is as far as his history as a Nigerian player goes. He should shut up! and look for better ways to protect his job as a Chelski scout rather than use Nigeria-Mikel issue as a leverage to get into good books of his employers.

Emmanueal Adebayor was injured and had not played for Arsenal for 5weeks yet rather than wait to to return to England to get an okay from his team’s medical staff and then start playing for Arsenal after a long layoff he opted to play for his country and scored the only goal that destroyed Cameroun.

Where is patriotism in this country? Why is an ingrate like Emenalo who wants our players to only serve their fatherland when extremely convenient for them a voice in our football? Emenalo is a nonentity and a bloody opportunist. I remember Nduka Ugbade was deprived of the opportunity to be in our U.S.A ’94 team and ultimately make history as the first player in the world to play in u-17, u-21 and senior world cup because his expected place was "dramatically" conceded to Emenalo, and this is how this scumbag pays Nigeria; putting Chelsea before Nigeria.
Na waoh, e be like say you be the Nduka ugbade himself because this is just not a normal reply for a non serious issue like this. Your's is very passionate. grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by mykali(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2009
mikel . . .CHELSEA . . . Nigeria.

will there ever be an end to this issue?
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by Dotman01(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2009
-Mikel is playin 4 a wrong team?
-Chelsea is a wrong team?
-Do u think its easy f6r playin such a star studded team?
-For even playin in d epl nd nt a team lyk burnley do u tink say na smal tin.
-Just tel mi wch oda job person fit dey do wit so much pride nd money 4 uk?
-i dey wait 4 answers b4 i go comment
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by MAITEMA(m): 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ HNIC

Yeah the equalizing goal was as result of Oliseh's poor clearance and weak tackle on Baggio because he was avoiding a second consecutive yellow card in order not to miss the quarter final we had not qualified for. The winning goal is what I described as the equalizer. It was a mix-up Secong goal for first goal. The match was 15yrs ago so a mix-up of that nature is understandable. However, I reiterate that Emenalo is an ingrate!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by chidichris(m): 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2009

@maitema,
this is an interesting news of no relevance.
emenalo is saying that mikel was not fit for that game and as such shld not have been featured talkless of having him in the filed for 90 mins.
talking about commitments to national team, where is sam okwaraji and his family in the history of nigerian football. how did emmanuel amuneke who played his heart out for nigeria end his game and where is he today?
i have never seen nigerians support mikel in anything he does yet the guy is growing from strenght to strenght.
from all posts and write ups since the last match, it is now obvious that mikel is now the problem of nigerian football. as young as mikel, the challange of what the future of nigerian football will be has falling on his head.
i have said it before and let me say it again, most of us who hate mikel have only succeeded in making mikel more popular than ever and this same group will turn back to call him over rated. why won't he be over rated when u talk about him even while u are sleeping.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by LuCiA2(f): 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2009
mikel is a troubled individual.
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by dayokanu(m): 4:24am On Apr 02, 2009
Would someone tell that slowpoke called Chidichris to shut his anus and stop defiling this thread with his senseless post?

Mikel is indeed growing from strength to strength Messi, Mikel and fabregas were in the 2005 WYC where Mikel narrowly lost the crown of best player to Messi, Compare the three players now and let anyone rate them and see mikels position. Really going from strength to Strength.

If you dont understand English, You can as well type in Arabic since you are in Dubai, Gulping Camel semen in bucketfuls by the hour like you do on Mikel. IDIOT
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by iReport: 5:11am On Apr 02, 2009
mikel is a troubled individual.
no, it's chidichris that is a troubled individual.
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by tkb417(m): 7:29am On Apr 02, 2009
ireport
both of them are troubled grin
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 02, 2009
What is so bad in what Chidicris said undecided
I'm sure most of you've said worse 'bout Naija.
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by switch47(m): 10:40am On Apr 02, 2009
mikel is having CHELSEA BAD LUCK!! Chelsea is bad luck!!
Re: Mikel Obi Almost Fainted -emenalo by eldee(m): 11:30am On Apr 02, 2009
The part I don't get here is when people come here to say 'Nigeria does not repay it's heroes'.
For God's sake, what else do they expect from us? To keep playing them when they're off form?
Do you know how much George Weah would have sacrificed to play for the Super Eagles?
What of Becks that left Galaxy where he's more or less a god, to Milan so Capello would consider giving him 20 minutes sub appearances?

Nigeria does not owe anyone(save Okwaraji's family)
It's simple, play well for ur club and you'll be honoured with a call-up. When you lose it, au revoir.
Playing for your national team is a whole page on a player's CV, ask Owen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arsenal Close To Sign Nigerian Attacker; Kelechi Iheanacho. / Jose Mourinho Address Five Pressing Issues On Manchester United Unvieling. / Aristide Bance Of Burkina Faso Has Played For 19 Clubs In 12 Different Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.