Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales (16641 Views)

16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition / JSS 3 Student Commits Suicide Over Love Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by temitemi1(m): 5:04am On Aug 30, 2015
Arising from poor sales of his weekly newspaper and magazine, a publisher identified as Solomon (surname withheld), on Friday, allegedly committed suicide in Asaba, Delta State.

It was reliably gathered that the publisher, who resided in Achalla Layout area of Asaba, took his life in anguish following the advent of poor sales in his newspaper business.

A suicide note he allegedly left behind, a copy of which was made available to our correspondent, read, “I cannot stay alive suffering when nobody is helping me. Even my wife and children abandoned me and sales in my newspaper business have been very poor.”

His wife, Rosemary (surname withheld), however, denied the allegation.

In her reaction, she described the claim as untrue, insisting that her husband took his life when it became obvious he was lazy and was criticised by his friends and relations.

The Commissioner of Police in Delta, Baba Usma, said the police had interrogated the wife and daughter of the deceased.

He added that the body of the publisher was found dangling from a tree branch behind his house.

The late publisher’s son, Frank, who spoke to our correspondent, said, “I knew my mum and my sister contributed to what my father did, and that was what I told the police. And anytime my father tried to complain, my mum and sister would shut him up after they had allegedly lavished the N300,000 he took from a cooperative society as loan.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/delta-publisher-commits-suicide-over-poor-newspaper-sales/

1 Like

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by princeuj2015(m): 5:07am On Aug 30, 2015
R.I.P
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by realtestament(m): 5:07am On Aug 30, 2015
undecided

Yeye man, so taking ur own life is now a solution.

#Rest in pieces angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Ilekeh(f): 5:13am On Aug 30, 2015
What's the correlation between the threads contents nd the picture?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by azimibraun: 5:17am On Aug 30, 2015
You don't call for help in death...

"The Dead stay dumb"
James Hardley Chase

3 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by INTROVERT(f): 5:18am On Aug 30, 2015
news paper BUSINESSES have been taking a nose dive since almost every news can be gotten online nowadays..

Any ways RIP.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by christinie(f): 5:39am On Aug 30, 2015
What a family:
Father committed suicide.
Mother abandoned the father.
Son against mother and daughter.
What a dysfunctional home.
God save us.

18 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:56am On Aug 30, 2015
Committing Suicide won't end ur suffering it will oly make it eternity

5 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Realdeals(m): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2015
Online publishing will force many newspaper houses to close business. RIP

3 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 30, 2015
A very hopeless mother and daughter.
If the wife was industrious, that 300k would have been managed and spent well.
Sometimes the way we treat our bread winners can send them so early to their graves.

A foolish daughter indeed!
A woman staying close to my place makes profit from akara and yam sales, enough to feed her family.Lazy wife!

10 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
But solomon chukwudi..why? U must pay d 300K...see ibo man with fish brain
shocked

1 Like

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2015
Suicide is never a solution . RIP to the dead.
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by koxi: 7:58am On Aug 30, 2015
shocked
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2015
women! women!! Women!!! ha! in short women are the bane to the suffering of this world since Adam's age. wetin we no go hear? woman D's, woman dat . The man sef no try, why commit suicide when he can establish a church. cool business!

NA wa. I beg if Una wan write D's kind article, I beg dey put 'graphics reading'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by SupremeNG: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by gokay11(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2015
So taking his own life is now the next option.smh
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by imsuboi(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2015
He was probably into a lot of debt & the loan sharks were circling.
Well, good riddance to bad rubbish. undecided

1 Like

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Vock(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2015
Eyah..mumu family all of them except for the son,because you've been abandone so death is the next option, maybe he's never heard of the cliche -get rich or die trying
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2015
Valar Morghulis
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by imsuboi(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:

Bastard.

5 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by lekjons(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2015
life can be frustrating, i see some people blaming him, just pray u don't face the kind of depression he faced before committing suicide.. u think itz easy to die or want to die, he chose not to die by being gunned down by the police/army, if he eventually get rich by 'plan B'

RIPP

3 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 30, 2015
I'm sure this Nigga don borrow money and his Bank is on his neck but killing your self no d best option.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by DaVinChiSam(m): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2015
The Man is. A Bloody Coward. Now what does does he expect his children to do?

And as for the wife; what's the need. Of getting married to a spouse that can't be supportive in time of distress? See how she's opening her mouth anyhow to call her late husband lazy... only goes to show the kind of wife she was... No wonder the man bowed out due to the lack of support

SmH

5 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2015
Yet another prove of ancestral greediness, no Yoruba guy will take his life upon any amount-lost.

1 Like

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by danduj(m): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2015
RIP
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by felzylix(m): 8:05am On Aug 30, 2015
Eehyaa!! And now he's making headlines for prospective publishers

1 Like

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by otabuko(m): 8:05am On Aug 30, 2015
And now I hope the newspaper business go begin move well....
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Nicepoker(m): 8:06am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
comment from an insane human with toad brain.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2015
my his soul rest in peace…. but why taking your life?
Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Nicepoker(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2015
kestolove95:
comment from an insane human with toad brain..

1 Like

Re: Delta Publisher Commits Suicide Over Poor Newspaper Sales by Raxxye(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2015
That's sad.
The family isn't one anyone would wish to belong. Imagine the discord between the members of such a little family.
At the end, the man appears to be the biggest loser; I wish he had taken a positive step rather than take his own life, if for nothing else, at least to prove his wife wrong, who still has the guts to call him "lazy" even after his death.
May his soul RIP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Narrates His Ordeal In The Hands Of SARS Operatives In Lagos (Photos) / Notorious Bandit Leader And Several Of His Fighters Neutralized By NAF / BREAKING: Police Parade 93 Suspected Kidnappers, Recover 35 AK47 Rifles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.