Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? (1723 Views)

What Ad Network Is The Best To Monitize A Blog / How Struggling Bloggers Can Boost Their Traffic Despite Having No Connections / Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2015
Been seeing these adsense-like ads on yahoo when checking my mail not until I clicked on the adchoices logo.

Who knows why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2015
check out the added screen grab

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by directonpc(m): 9:56am On Aug 30, 2015
henryobinna:
check out the added screen grab
I don't know if it's adsense but ad choice doesn't mean adsense. You can check Facebook footer too and read about ad choice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2015
directonpc:

I don't know if it's adsense but ad choice doesn't mean adsense. You can check Facebook footer too and read about ad choice
Like I said in the original post, I clicked on the logo and i think I know where it lead me to.

it lead me to a google page where they explain what they do and what they don't on adsense and thats what 'adchoices' is about just that different companies have theirs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by directonpc(m): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
henryobinna:
Like I said in the original post, I clicked on the logo and i think I know where it lead me to.

it lead me to a google page where they explain what they do and what they don't on adsense and thats what 'adchoices' is about just that different companies have theirs
Like I said u might be right as am not sure if it's adsense or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by FincoApps(m): 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
lol, don't you want them to make money again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
directonpc:

Like I said u might be right as am not sure if it's adsense or not
yea, you're definity correct (cos am the one who viewed) but out of curiosity I clicked it, and I was taken to a page I think.all these google help forum or so, on the page Google talked about what they do and what they don't to show ads.

You could try checking your yahoo mail(if you have an account with them), the ad by the right corner click on that advhoices ligo(not the ads itself).

You'll be taken to same page.

my question is, how can yahoo mail be using google adsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by directonpc(m): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
henryobinna:
yea, you're definity correct (cos am the one who viewed) but out of curiosity I clicked it, and I was taken to a page I think.all these google help forum or so, on the page Google talked about what they do and what they don't to show ads.

You could try checking your yahoo mail(if you have an account with them), the ad by the right corner click on that advhoices ligo(not the ads itself).

You'll be taken to same page.

my question is, how can yahoo mail be using google adsense
Cause them need money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
directonpc:

Cause them need money
oga I think they're big enough to generate money from their own ad network,

unlesa they also believe their competitor(google adsense)pays more than they do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
henryobinna:

unlesa they also believe their competitor(google adsense)pays more than they do.
very funny, other social engines like duckduckgo and crawler use it too, i thought it was only me dat noticed it....lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

very funny, other social engines like duckduckgo and crawler use it too, i thought it was only me dat noticed it....lol
yea.

But Yahoo?

They're way too big for that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by directonpc(m): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
henryobinna:

Lol. Nobody is too big to make more money sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
directonpc:

uhm.. true sha.

But.....

Google ought to be a competitor not a 'sponsor'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by FincoApps(m): 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Exactly!!
directonpc:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by directonpc(m): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
henryobinna:
uhm.. true sha.

But.....

When u have massive traffic like yahoo running adsense can give u a very huge figure per day sha. Tho I have not confirmed totally if yahoo uses adsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
directonpc:

When have massive traffic like yahoo running adsense can give u a very huge figure per day sha. Tho I have not confirmed totally if yahoo uses adsense
I'll leave it at this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 31, 2015
henryobinna:
uhm.. true sha.

But.....

It can only be a competitor when it has funds. There are many underground business Google will be doing with Yahoo that you won't know.

Big or small.. everyone is out to make profit. It's their choice to choose how they want to make that profit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 6:12am On Aug 31, 2015
coolsix:

There are many underground business Google will be doing with Yahoo that you won't know.

Big or small.. everyone is out to make profit. It's their choice to choose how they want to make that profit.
possibly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by FincoApps(m): 9:12am On Aug 31, 2015
Probably the same reason why Facebook still advertises with Google

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 9:20am On Aug 31, 2015
FincoApps:
Probably the same reason why Facebook still advertises with Google
oga advertising with google is way different, infact not only Google they also advertise with infolinks,

Advertising will give you more reach.

Anyway, make I no drink panadol for another person headache.

money be like drugs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by FincoApps(m): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
henryobinna:
oga advertising with google is way different, infact not only Google they also advertise with infolinks,

Advertising will give you more reach.

Anyway, make I no drink panadol for another person headache.

money be like drugs

Everything comes down to money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
FincoApps:

Everything comes down to money
Apparently, everybody wants money even Bill Gates grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by yomalex(m): 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
It's not Adsense. Most ad networks display the Adchoices logo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by resultcase(m): 8:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
Yahoo uses media.net owned by them and not adsense. Media.net uses Google adchoices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
yomalex:
It's not Adsense. Most ad networks display the Adchoices logo
oga didn't you read?

well, you say its medianet.

I clicked the adchoices logo so I can know who's ad it is. Then I was taken to an adsense page(actually their support page)

Why am I even doing this explanation.

Its your choice to believe or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by yomalex(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
henryobinna:
oga didn't you read?

well, you say its medianet.

I clicked the adchoices logo so I can know who's ad it is. Then I was taken to an adsense page(actually their support page)

Why am I even doing this explanation.

Its your choice to believe or not

I never mentioned medianet.

I was also 'worried' about this some 2 years ago.

"AdChoices is a self-regulatory program that encourages online advertising
platforms to include an advertising option icon on any ads or webpages where
data is collected and used for behavioral advertising."

Google is a huge proponent of adchoices

That's all I want to say. Have a good evening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
yomalex:

I never mentioned medianet.

I was also 'worried' about this some 2 years ago.

"AdChoices is a self-regulatory program that encourages online advertising
platforms to include an advertising option icon on any ads or webpages where
data is collected and used for behavioral advertising."

Google is a huge proponent of adchoices

That's all I want to say. Have a good evening.
well I now get what you mean.

And hope I didn't come off too rude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by yomalex(m): 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
henryobinna:
well I now get what you mean.

And hope I didn't come off too rude.
Not at all. We learn new stuff everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
yomalex:

Not at all. We learn new stuff everyday
I had to go my mail gain now i'll get you a screen grab and the url of the support page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by tbsnetworks: 6:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Yeah, these links are sponsored links. IT Support And Services | 24/7 IT support | Technology support services

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by henryobinna(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2015
ok, here's the URL of the page I was directed to and a screen grab of the page

https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/1631343?url=https://ca.adserver.yahoo.com/a?f=1197720951&p=camail&l=SKY&c=h&at=secure&at=content%3D%27no_expandable%27&site-country=us&rs=guid:mgqQQDk4LjFesjouU8kgnxAbMTY3LgAAAAAQFeQ1;spid:978500286;ypos:SKY;ypos:1441056287.95705&gl=US&hl=en&client=ca-pub-7382640443023261&ai0=CJ6bGdcbkVYaRA8uV3AHTiaT4BfP_xaFC67jax5gBkIOFngsQASDKnPcjYMme2Ifoo6AVoAHmoZ7lA8gBAqgDAcgDwQSqBKgCT9CYqY1yKBiluPO551ySrXkI4DroYQsCUaPaCnnn_pxha90i4yAxrDRP0X7-uoG8WNkNmUG0O8vfFNL26M0nTsNcaYm3WNIIGvHLvdpaSRWMY8fnWgdxgp4l4C2p7M1C7tHaKwOLqIuExSX0TNR0ZXrJbJUk3ha5owAhgCQ2F-kuir_4DDsOm7dOE22lIJRTkxN053bkdO33DNSXT9yA5W0nHwplUx7M--AB_l0_hSWNLku_s_iNfoNSVSSdca2E5qJ3AULV4Clcj2tu2n60GEimgBuMVcJZaoU7Mdw8tVR23nPM1UqI9CCvFdFaWW5dGAMXkMgcS28RWpPArfSuWKIFWRvnfbQHQwS6pKo4n_7nDhWOGQVYZPwFc2HCPimdOT1c7L8EWKiIBgGgBgKAB6v5-iOoB6a-G9gHAQ&rd=1

Re: Despite Having Its Own Ad Network, Why Does Yahoo Still Use Google's Adsense? by simi4me(m): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
That's because google is the best.

(1) (Reply)

Entertaining Whatsapp Group / Run Advert On My 1.5million Facebook Group / Top Ten Back Links Comments Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.