Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,925 members, 7,863,269 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

Re:understanding Muhammadu Buhari​ In 100 Days - My Reservations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re:understanding Muhammadu Buhari​ In 100 Days - My Reservations (586 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / RE: Understanding Buhari In 100 Days, Dissecting Garba Shehu's Deceptive Piece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re:understanding Muhammadu Buhari​ In 100 Days - My Reservations by mundus(m): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2015
Happy Sunday guys! I just read Garba Shehu's piece titled "Understanding Buhari in 100 days" where he 'struggled' to defend Buhari's first 100 days in office and I feel compelled to drop my reservations here.

I understand that one of the most difficult jobs in this country is that of SSA to the President on Media and publicity. It wasn't easy for Ruben Abati and Doyin Okupe as they were constantly under the heat of raging Nigerians especially on the Social media. I believe the duo of Femi Adeshina and Garba Shehu are already felling the heat. Yesterday night Garba Shehu trended on twitter

It is not easy to defend a president who hasn't really done anything 'tangible'. This is a fact that even Garba shehu acknowledged in his piece when he said "....He didn’t put a Kobo to finance the power sector. Yet, reading his body language alone and knowing that there are things you cannot do and get away with under Buhari, electricity supply all over the country has risen to unprecedented heights." The goodwill with which he assumed office was massive. the expectation was much and he rode on the failure of GEJ's administration especially in the area of corruption, economy and security.

During the presidential campaign I was in an APC rally where Amaechi criticized GEJ for allowing the Naira to Dollar exchange rate get to N220/$1. It was in that same rally that Buhari promised to eliminate Boko Haram in 'two weeks'. Three months after, we are yet to defeat Boko Haram and the dollar/naira exchange rate reached an all time high of N240/$1.

Bottom line

My assessment of GEJ's 100 days in office = 60%
Did I regret voting and campaigning for him= No
Do I still have confidence in PMB= Absolutely
Do I think he will be Nigeria's best President= Yes
Do I think he will balance out the current lopsided appointments = Yes

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Mundus
Patriotic Nigerian.
Re: Re:understanding Muhammadu Buhari​ In 100 Days - My Reservations by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2015
Following......
Re: Re:understanding Muhammadu Buhari​ In 100 Days - My Reservations by Heromaniaa: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Re:understanding Muhammadu Buhari​ In 100 Days - My Reservations by smuth(m): 10:27am On Aug 30, 2015
Stop blabbing about 16 years as if Nigeria only existed for 16 years...why are ye fools not talking about the people that ruin this country since independence(55 years) buhari inclusive? Sometimes you fools talk about dullard.dinho as though he is from outter space, did he not contribute to the problems Ye fools are facing now or his he an angel from heaven, surely Nigerians are gullible and APC e-rats are the most gullible. Keep deceiving yourself fools, when Buhari is done sherializing and northernizing Nigeria you will cry home in your miseries.

And let me remind you fools in case you don't now, out of the 16 years you keep mentioning, some of your leaders in APC were once part of the government for that 16 years but decamped from PDP to APC to look clean to you fools, they know you people are fools and they treat you as such. I shake my head to the level of your gulliblity. Yet you waste your time and energy to come online and defend this crooks.

1 Like

Re: Re:understanding Muhammadu Buhari​ In 100 Days - My Reservations by mundus(m): 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
smuth:
Stop blabbing about 16 years as if Nigeria only existed for 16 years...why are ye fools not talking about the people that ruin this country since independence(55 years) buhari inclusive? Sometimes you fools talk about dullard.dinho as though he is from outter space, did he not contribute to the problems Ye fools are facing now or his he an angel from heaven, surely Nigerians are gullible and APC e-rats are the most gullible. Keep deceiving yourself fools, when Buhari is done sherializing and northernizing Nigeria you will cry home in your miseries.
And let me remind you fools in case you don't now, out of the 16 years you keep mentioning, some of your leaders in APC were once part of the government for that 16 years but decamped from PDP to APC to look clean to you fools, they know you people are fools and they treat you as such. I shake my head to the level of your gulliblity. Yet you waste your time and energy to come online and defend this crooks.

So who are you referring to as
smuth:
fools?

(1) (Reply)

Please What Is Insufficient Permission? Nairaland Mods, Mr Seun / Nationalistic Appointments As Recipe For National Unity / Is This A Yahoo! Yahoo!! Government???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.