Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident (5972 Views)

Okorocha Meets A Couple On Their Way To Their Wedding (Photos) / Buhari’s Integrity’ll Soon Be Tested In Kogi / 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by captainprogress(m): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
No fewer than 38 virgins have been killed in an auto crash on their way to the festival where Swaziland King chooses wives.

DAILY POST reports that a long time tradition in Swaziland (Swazi) permits the King, Mswati, to choose a new bride every year (August), in the Swazi Reed Dance Festival where the King parades and tests topless under aged virgin girls publicly to ascertain that their virginity was still intact.

The Sherburne-educated king is known to pick his wives from the girls who perform for him at the traditional dance, a tribute to the queen mother. The King had chosen a 19-year-old virgin from the dancing maidens last year August, who became his 14th wife.
Times of Swaziland reports that dozens of girls and young women were killed during the weekend, as they travelled to the traditional festival where the King of Swaziland was to pick a new bride from thousands of topless, dancing virgins.

“When the open-topped truck collided with another vehicle, before being hit by a second truck as it travelled along a motorway between the Swazi cities of Mbabane and Manzini earlier this weekend, at least 38 girls who were to partake in the annual event, lost their lives,” according to the report, “and about 20 survivors were being treated.”

As the story goes, the authorities in Swaziland are being accused of trying to cover up the accident from human rights group.

The Swaziland Solidarity Network (SSN) claimed the police attempted to discourage media report on the deaths. Photographers were however, restricted from the scene according to Swazi journalist, for security reasons, but reports on the tragedy, described the scene as chaoic, as parents began to arrive at the Raleigh Fitkin Memorial Hospital, in Manzini.

One of the survivors, Siphelele Sigudla, 18, told newsmen,

“We were about 50 on board the first truck that smashed into the Toyota van.”

The SSN has called on the royal family to reconsider going ahead with the festival, which sees about 40,000 participating in the eight-day ceremony.

“We hope that the families of the deceased girls will hold the royal family accountable for the deaths of their children,” the SSN group said in a statement, as it alleged a similar incident had been covered up previously.

“The least that the royal family can do at this moment is to cancel this year’s reed dance.”

The King in his condolence statement, said:

“We all have heard about the dark cloud that has befallen the ‘imbali,” he said, using the Swati language word for flower, used to refer to the groups of women dancers.

Speaking at the opening of an international trade fair in Swaziland’s economic center Manzini, he promised that the affected families would be compensated, adding that investigation into the accident was ongoing.

Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by INTROVERT(f): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
sauce

1 Like

Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by Gamechanger: 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
Wonderful sight..
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by PhockPhockMan: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
Wetin Beremx dey find here sef?

Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by crazygod(m): 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
Just because of an old randy king una waste una lives.... Topless for that matter.. Chai. But seriously, how does the king test their virginity? Which LITMUS test does he carry out exactly?

Anyway, INTROVERT how was service today
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by Beremx(f): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
Vaseline crew! Food don land o!

RIP to the girls

1 Like

Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by Beremx(f): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

you have already booked space! Where your Vaseline? grin
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by caprini1: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmm ...Swaziland! JuJu capital of the southern hemisphere,poor things have been sacrificed
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by shaiba(f): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
Tradition!!!

What compensation will equal the loss? RIP to the dead.
Sad.
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by PhockPhockMan: 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
Beremx:
My sister, I no fit tell lie, this one at middle eehh.

Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by mperoakeem(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
Swaziland king Dey enjoy ooo... Over 50 virgins to test their virginity...Chineke....
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by crazygod(m): 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
This guy don even save the pic. Hian
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by PhockPhockMan: 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
crazygod:

This guy don even save the pic. Hian
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by crazygod(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Stop looking confused and continue to drool over the pic.
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
Nna eh, the fat girl in the middle...chai shocked shocked shocked

God put natural silicon there. The other one whose breast is shy is no longer a virgin...on her breast.
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by bloodkiIler: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Beremx loves bad thing eee grin
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by seunny4lif(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
angry angry

See diff. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
This one Na my screen saver grin grin
I need lotion kiss kiss

Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by iykebest1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
Rip to d dead. But that King never marry finish?

1 Like

Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by Beremx(f): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Chai! I bu onye ojo! grin grin
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by deanoffaculty: 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
...but that Swaziland king is enjoying ooo...with all these 'milk containers'.........I think 'Oba' of Lagos should start something like this and that will be an added advantage to Lagosians grin grin grin.
EKO O NIBAJE!!!!
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by cheruv: 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
Beremx:
Berem I've been charging my snake for almost an hour now and am now ready for action. Come and mount the stake let's jingle away kiss
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by jaybee104(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
Feeling d first virgin from left grin grin grin shocked
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Shapes of em boobs though! (click the link in my signature, its real.)
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by mira4u: 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
embarassed. Africans and the way they view n treat women. Subject a woman for testing for what?
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ok... no source, doesn't seem true to me.... For car owners check my signature
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by zimoni(f): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

I dey tell you, that's what Basket Mouth call Confident Bobby (BRASH BOBBY). What a natural Bobby of Life, see as e stand gidigba. Jizoz of Otuoke grin grin grin grin
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by litetias(m): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
What?

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: 38 Topless Virgins On Their Way To Be Tested By Swaziland King Die In Accident by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
PLEASE, I need the contact Of the Lady in middle

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Saraki Returns To PDP, Meet Jonathan, PDP Caucus In Abuja / Abaribe Is No Different From Tinubu / VP Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.