Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Album Premiere For April[2face ; Unstoppable] - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Album Premiere For April[2face ; Unstoppable] (1345 Views)

Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. / 2face: Unstoppable Intl Release Version. / 2face Unstoppable Album - Listen To The Tracks Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Album Premiere For April[2face ; Unstoppable] by Baudex(m): 8:21am On Apr 01, 2009
Album premiere,lets start with 2 face-"UNSTOPPABLE"
with a little help from hiphopworldmagazine.com
click this link and see-
.http://www.hiphopworldmagazine.com/reviews.php?id=0fb889fb32
. Or Still read through.
. 2face Idibia
The Album: The Unstoppable
2 Face Idibia
Unstoppable
Hypertek Records
Quick question: How do you save a public image that is melting away faster than the ice caps at the North Pole? Answer: Ignore the naysayers and scandalous reporters (myself excluded, of course) and release an album to distract people from the fiasco that is your personal life.
It was silky smooth ballads like 'African Queen' that made ladies fall on top of (sorry, I meant 'fall for') 2 Face in the first place, so 2 Baba uses his trusted formula once again with potential hits 'Outside' and the Melissa Briggs assisted 'Can't Do Without You'. Speaking of assistance, unlike his previous albums, Unstoppable uses a lot of it. Features range from the mildly entertaining 'See it coming' with Kenya's Wyre to that embarrassing collabo with R.Kelly. Wait a minute, did Tu Face just do a song with a man that nearly went to jail for paedophilia? How on earth is that going to benefit both of their quick-eroding images? While on the small issue of 'Flex', even though I doubt he got the requisite copyright, didn't newcomer Riz already release a similar sounding song? Hmmn,
When 2 Face decides to be entirely original, the results are pure magic! The French-laced 'Appreciate it' and the brilliant 'Free' are destined to be radio hits. He borrows a leaf from Afrobeat and produces a pure gem in 'I sing' but turns around and wastes a perfectly good song in 'Jungle Don Mature' by placing an uninspired verse from Rocksteady.
On the whole, Unstoppable sees 2 Face operate in cruise control. Over most of his rather generous 17 song album, 2 Face basically glides over pretty impressive beats but that's all he does, he just glides through. 2 Face is seemingly uninterested in pushing the creativity envelope any further. A 2Face album is supposed to be like a musical orgasm, Unstoppable is more like a very deep French kiss. Forgive the lewd analogy, but it is Mr. Idibia we're talking about here, right?
Mic Check
Re: Album Premiere For April[2face ; Unstoppable] by hone: 10:08am On Apr 03, 2009
2face,I no he his a gud singer but can we just stop him,[MAKE HIM NO DEY GIVE GIRLS BELLE]
Re: Album Premiere For April[2face ; Unstoppable] by Baudex(m): 7:41am On Apr 04, 2009
Mayb he should be castrated
Re: Album Premiere For April[2face ; Unstoppable] by mrbargains(m): 11:25pm On Apr 04, 2009
One thing you can't take away is that he is the rising star of Naija and African hip hop.2face is just da bomb!
In Europe and North America? Buy Unstopabble and other naija CDs here;
http://www.myafricanbargains.com
Re: Album Premiere For April[2face ; Unstoppable] by pheesayor(m): 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2009
baudex?? is that babatunde a.k.a. baudexfish? if it's u then u need to add 'extension' to that festac. This is lambo. how now?
Re: Album Premiere For April[2face ; Unstoppable] by blinx(m): 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2009
For all the artists that have been there done dat and f, kd around i think 2face is the most improved of them all. Everything that comes out now sounds like D banj, colomental and Timaya but 2baba brought a breath of fresh air to clear up the too many noise. There's no questioning 2baba's effort in this album. I dont know why people keep hating on "flex". That track is favourite followed closely by "i sing", the track i love to call 100% 2face. This album is one of the few albums in the market today dat u can listen to without skiping a track.
I dont agree dat 2baba was cruising through the tracks. He's just like Akon. Musik made easy. They both make bad song or wack artist sound interesting.
The album is very mature. Thats my submision. Thank u very much.

Pls whats deep french kiss like? Will love to xperience it.

(1) (Reply)

Sikiru Ayinde Barrister Is Dead / ARA And 2face Idibia Drops Olomi Video / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.