Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

What Is Wrong With My Car? Siena, Anybody Help! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Is Wrong With My Car? Siena, Anybody Help! (762 Views)

1999 Siena Xle Going For Cheap@800k / A Reg 05 Siena(1st Body)wit Leather Seats @ N1.1m(neg)in Phc Cal Now / Tokumbo 2000 Siena For N1.250 NOW N1.2M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With My Car? Siena, Anybody Help! by LordReed(m): 11:05am On Apr 01, 2009
My car a Mitsubishi Galant 1996 model with a V6 DOHC engine (ECI multi 2000) has this problem of a very sluggish start in the mornings or after several hours of cooldown. There's no black smoke coming out of the exhaust. What could be the problem?
Also there's this squeaky noise coming from one of the pulleys supporting the fanbelt. What can I do to stop it?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? Siena, Anybody Help! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 01, 2009
For the cold starting issues, I'd suspect CTS (Coolant temperature sensor).
If it fails, it generally makes the car run too lean upon start-up, when the mixture needs to be richer.

I'd get the car down to a garage with adequate knowledge of Mitsi's, and proper diagnostic equipment.

As for the squeaking:

1) Check belt, and if cracked and / or worn, replace.
2) Check belt tension, if too loose, the pulleys for the alternator and PAS (power-assisted steering will slip under load.
3) Check all the belt tensioners and / or idlers - the belt will need to be removed to do this. If any of the tensioners / idlers feel rough uponing spinning them, replace. Also, there should be no side-to-side movement.
4) With belt removed, check your water pump pulley, if it's external, and driven by the auxillary belt. It the shaft / pulley feels rough when turned, or there's side-to-side movement, replace.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Car? Siena, Anybody Help! by LordReed(m): 1:15pm On Apr 01, 2009
Thanks Siena. Given wat u know about Naija mechanics would they have trouble replacing any of the pulleys?
Also lemme add dat I've been using an additive: fuel injector cleaner. Could it be responsible?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Used Nissan Quest For Sale For 400k / 306 Peugeot 2003 Model For Sale: / 2000 Xterra Se Black (cheapest On Nl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.