Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife (862 Views)

My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims / You Can’t Have Your Husband Alone -three Women Tell Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife by etenyong(m): 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
The Senator, representing Imo West in the National Assembly, Chief Hope Uzodimma, on Sunday shut the door against reconciliation with his former wife, Augusta, saying the union was legally dissolved by the court and the Catholic Church about 17 years ago. According to Uzodimma, Justice Bayo Manuwa of a Lagos High Court in Ikeja dissolved the marriage after irreconcilable differences in 1998. The legislator was reacting to the purported alarm raised by Augusta, calling on the Catholic Church and all concerned not to recognise his (Uzodimma’s) planned second marriage. Uzodimma, in a statement in Abuja, said the Catholic Canon Tribunal of Orlu Diocese in Imo State, where the marriage was initially consummated, had “also annulled the marriage with the Catholic Papal’s Dispensation granted.” He wondered why the former wife would suddenly “woke up from her slumber” after 17 years to raise an unnecessary alarm. Uzodimma accused his political detractors, who, having failed on all fronts to drag his name into the mud, had resorted to using Augusta to achieve their aim. He added, “I see the handiwork of my political detractors in this. “The dissolution of the marriage, having broken down irretrievably, followed all due process (legal and Canon laws) as we have a judgment (Absolute) from the High Court and also a judgment (Absolute) from the Catholic Tribunal.” Uzodimma said because of the love for his children, he would not go into the details of what led to the dissolution, adding that as a responsible man, “I have not abandoned Augusta whom I have continued to meet her needs, being the mother of my children.” The Senator called for calm and urged his friends and supporters to disregard the actions of Augusta, saying she was being manipulated by political detractors. www.punchng.com/news/you-cant-stop-me-from-re-marrying-uzodimma-tells-ex-wife/
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife by INTROVERT(f): 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
really
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife by ladyF(f): 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
What was happening during the 17 years, she should try and move on, no point crying over spilt milk...
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife by DahtzFestjayz: 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife by frankay430(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
this is serious
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife by Noloss(f): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
frankay430:
this is serious
That is to say, eleyi gidi gan
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
etenyong:
The Senator, representing Imo West in the
National Assembly, Chief Hope Uzodimma, on
Sunday shut the door against reconciliation with
his former wife, Augusta, saying the union was
legally dissolved by the court and the Catholic
Church about 17 years ago.
According to Uzodimma, Justice Bayo Manuwa
of a Lagos High Court in Ikeja dissolved the
marriage after irreconcilable differences in 1998.
The legislator was reacting to the purported
alarm raised by Augusta, calling on the Catholic
Church and all concerned not to recognise his
(Uzodimma’s) planned second marriage.
Uzodimma, in a statement in Abuja, said the
Catholic Canon Tribunal of Orlu Diocese in Imo
State, where the marriage was initially
consummated, had “also annulled the marriage
with the Catholic Papal’s Dispensation granted.”
He wondered why the former wife would
suddenly “woke up from her slumber” after 17
years to raise an unnecessary alarm.

Uzodimma accused his political detractors, who,
having failed on all fronts to drag his name into
the mud, had resorted to using Augusta to
achieve their aim.
He added, “I see the handiwork of my political
detractors in this.
“The dissolution of the marriage, having broken
down irretrievably, followed all due process (legal
and Canon laws) as we have a judgment
(Absolute) from the High Court and also a
judgment (Absolute) from the Catholic Tribunal.”
Uzodimma said because of the love for his
children, he would not go into the details of what
led to the dissolution, adding that as a
responsible man, “I have not abandoned Augusta
whom I have continued to meet her needs, being
the mother of my children.”
The Senator called for calm and urged his friends
and supporters to disregard the actions of
Augusta, saying she was being manipulated by
political detractors.
www.punchng.com/news/you-cant-stop-me-from-re-marrying-uzodimma-tells-ex-wife/
cheesy naa now her day break.

Forget it ma, the man is long gone!
Re: You Can’t Stop Me From Re-marrying, Sen. Uzodimma Tells Ex-wife by adesbreath: 11:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
Suit yourself sir.

(1) (Reply)

Father Of 11 Children On £27k A Year Benefits Refuses To Work,picture / My Mom Just Opened An Account On Facebook / See What Money Has Caused In Today's Youth (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.