Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,829 members, 7,862,731 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Great Quotes By Former President Goodluck Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Quotes By Former President Goodluck Jonathan. (602 Views)

Breaking News!!! Efcc Arrest Obasanjo And Former President Goodluck Jonathan / President Goodluck Jonathan and Corruption - Femi Orebe / Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Advice Nigerians On Sunday Service(screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Quotes By Former President Goodluck Jonathan. by Saao(m): 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
Our dear former President Goodluck Jonathan has in the course of the life this administration, used and dropped so many words of wisdom; to which we can learn a lot from...It is food for thought for all and worthy of our meditation topics in our quite time...

1)MY AMBITION IS NOT WORTH THE BLOOD OF ANY NIGERIAN... GEJ

2)DEMOCRACY CALLS FOR SACRIFICE AND TOLERANCE, AN OPEN EAR AND A STRONG VOICE...GEJ

3)CYNICISM AND SCEPTICISM WILL NOT HELP OUR JOURNEY TO GREATNESS. LET US BELIEVE IN A NEW NIGERIA...GEJ

4)I PREFER TO SEE THE SILVER LINING IN A DARK CLOUD RATHER THE DARK CLOUD IN A SILVER LINING... GEJ

5)WE ARE NOT SWORN ENEMIES... WE'RE NEIGHBORS WHO SOMETIMES OFFEND EACH OTHER BUT CAN ALWAYS SIT DOWN TO TALK OVER OUR DIFFERENCES...GEJ

6)OUR FOUNDING FATHERS...DID NOT DREAM OF A COUNTRY WHERE NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS WOULD EXCHANGE BULLETS IN PLACE OF HANDSHAKES...GEJ

7)GOD IS A GOD OF DIVERSITY. GOD CREATED A DIVERSE WORLD FOR HIS OWN PURPOSE. WHAT WILL THE WORLD LOOK LIKE IF ALL OF US WERE OF THE SAME HEIGHT, COLOUR, GENDER, NATIONALITY AND ETHNICITY? I THINK IT WILL BE BORING...GEJ

coolI HAVE COME TO LAUNCH A CAMPAIGN OF IDEAS, NOT ONE OF CALUMNY. I HAVE TO COME TO PREACH LOVE, NOT HATE. I HAVE COME TO BREAK YOU AWAY FROM DIVISIVE TENDENCIES OF THE PAST WHICH HAVE SLOWED OUR DRIVE TO TRUE NATIONHOOD. I HAVE NO ENEMIES TO FIGHT. YOU ARE ALL MY FRIENDS AND WE SHARE A COMMON DESTINY...GEJ

9)IN PRESENTING MYSELF FOR SERVICE, I MAKE NO PRETENCE THAT I HAVE A MAGIC WAND THAT WILL SOLVE ALL OF NIGERIA'S PROBLEMS OR THAT I AM THE MOST INTELLIGENT NIGERIAN... GEJ

10)ANY SOCIETY OR COUNTRY THAT CLOSES THE VITAL VALVES OF ITS DEMOCRATIC SPACE CANNOT DEVELOP AT A REASONABLE PACE...GEJ

11)"I have never been driven by the love of power. Rather, I have gotten to where I am today by the power of love"

God bless Our former President...
God bless us Citizens...
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Great Quotes By Former President Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
Another Miles Monroe in the making.
Re: Great Quotes By Former President Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
On Sanusi's allegations

I have absolute power to suspend the CBN governor. The CBN act is somehow anomalous. To remove him, i have to go to the senate, but not to suspend him.”

1 Like

Re: Great Quotes By Former President Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
On corruption

"People exaggerate Corruption in Nigeria. It is not even our first or second problem, maybe the third"- President Jonathan

“Sometimes people take common stealing as corruption. A thief is a thief. When you steal money you are a thief.”

“I am not a lawyer but what I was told is that it is better for ten criminals to get away than for one innocent man to be punished"

2 Likes

Re: Great Quotes By Former President Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
Still on corruption

“Over 70% of what are called corruption (cases), even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies, is not corruption, but common stealing,”

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria. / PHOTOS: President Buhari Meets France President / The 9th Earl Of Bathurst And The Nigerian State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.