Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,668 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now (1217 Views)

The Usman Dan Fodio Jihad And The Rest Of Us. / Pic Of What CNN Just Tweet About Boko Haram Using Apc Campaign Bill Board. / Opinion: Tools Of Uthman Dan Fodio’s Estate (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by likila: 9:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
Boko Haram attacks Borno village on horseback, kills 68

on August 30, 2015 / in News 8:07 pm / Comments

BY NDAHI MARAMA, MAIDUGURI

At least 68 people were killed while several others were injured when members of Boko Haram sect invaded Baanu Village of Nganzai local government area of Borno state.

A resident of the area, Yuram Musa who fled to Maiduguri said the insurgents who came on horses at about 8:30 pm on Friday started shooting sporadically.

He said, “we have to fled into the bush and hide and after they left we return back to pick some of our belongings. I counted 68 corpses some were slaughtered while others were shot. The number of those killed are worrisome as the corpses littered the village”

“ The Government have to do something fast if not they will continue to wreck havoc of innocent citizens, as every surrounded villages which are 5 killometres away from Gajiram, the headquarters of Nganzai have been taken over by the insurgents, as most of them are residing around the area, Musa stated.

Confirming the attack on the Baanu village, the Borno state Governor, Hon. Kashim Shettima while addressing the parents of the abducted Chibok girls over the weekend said the insurgents killed 56 persons in Nganzai village.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/boko-haram-attacks-borno-village-on-horseback-kills-68/#sthash.q0whIlb0.dpuf
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by Swaggzkid: 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by TheMainMan: 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by MikelEleta(m): 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
The next we wud hear is dt Jonathan was d one dt made dem abandon the use of cars for donkeys. Eternal rest grant unto dem o lord and let ur perpetual light shine upon them AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by DaBullIT(m): 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Bull shyt

Why would you say they are using Usman danfodio tactics? that's unnecessary glorifying of their actions

the reason why they would raid on horses is because they do not have money for Jeeps and Hilux vans they usually use

Raids on them is successful , So do not give them Hope ,

Nigeria is winning this war against BH
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by frodobee: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
MikelEleta:
The next we wud hear is dt Jonathan was d one dt made dem abandon the use of cars for donkeys. Eternal rest grant unto dem o lord and let ur perpetual light shine upon them AMEN!!!
No, it is the body language.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by likila: 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
DaBullIT:
Bull shyt

Why would you say they are using Usman danfodio tactics? that's unnecessary glorifying of their actions

the reason why they would raid on horses is because they do not have money for Jeeps and Hilux vans they usually use

Raids on them is successful , So do not give them Hope ,

Nigeria is winning this war against BH

haba?
did Uthman Ibn Fodio not use horse to overthrow the Hausa kings?
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by DaBullIT(m): 12:08am On Aug 31, 2015
likila:

haba?
did Uthman Ibn Fodio not use horse to overthrow the Hausa kings?

Exactly my point, Dan Fodio used what he had available as at then , and even it disgusts me to say this , he was regarded as a great man, so if Boko haram with all the guns and jeeps and vans use horse , then you know there's fire in their camp grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by likila: 12:21am On Aug 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

Exactly my point, Dan Fodio used what he had available as at then , and even it disgusts me to say this , he was regarded as a great man, so if Boko haram with all the guns and jeeps and vans use horse , then you know there's fire in their camp grin grin

i do not know ooo.
but it seems they can kill more of our people with horse
than they can kill with jeeps and vans.
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by DaBullIT(m): 12:29am On Aug 31, 2015
likila:

i do not know ooo.
but it seems they can kill more of our people with horse
than they can kill with jeeps and vans.

Wrong,

If the pictures and videos i have seen is anything to go by , it's easier and more effective to kill people using cars

Each / most pickup has machine gun mounted the most efficient machine gun is ShKas , don't know if they have that , but it shoots 3,000 bullet per minute , let's say they bough rusty machine guns , average of 1000 rounds per minute , in a village of 500 with 50% hit rate , a mounted MG can finish that whole village in 10 mins or less , besides, they'll have other AK rifle weilding animals on the same pickup providing cover fire or shooting at random which makes an attack more effective

But on a horse, it's hard to gallop and still aim your rifle at villagers, if they didn't use guns , villagers would simply stay indoors meaning there's nobody to kill with sword

my point is tactically , using a vehicle is easier and more effective than horses, so if they are using horses, then they are in trouble , it means their finances have diminished or completely gone
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by likila: 12:36am On Aug 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

Wrong,

If the pictures and videos i have seen is anything to go by , it's easier and more effective to kill people using cars

Each / most pickup has machine gun mounted the most efficient machine gun is ShKas , don't know if they have that , but it shoots 3,000 bullet per minute , let's say they bough rusty machine guns , average of 1000 rounds per minute , in a village of 500 with 50% hit rate , a mounted MG can finish that whole village in 10 mins or less , besides, they'll have other AK rifle weilding animals on the same pickup providing cover fire or shooting at random which makes an attack more effective

But on a horse, it's hard to gallop and still aim your rifle at villagers, if they didn't use guns , villagers would simply stay indoors meaning there's nobody to kill with sword

my point is tactically , using a vehicle is easier and more effective than horses, so if they are using horses, then they are in trouble , it means their finances have diminished or completely gone

Okaaaay!
You do not get it.
The Nigerian Army has been retooled so that BH cannot use "technicals" (truck-mounted high-calibre guns) or stolen IFVs. Drones or other platforms of the armed forces would pick them off.
With horses, they have a smaller footprint, can blend into the environment faster, and are more manouverable.
they may lose speed and firepower but they gain life-expectancy by lowering attrition-loss.
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by A7(m): 12:41am On Aug 31, 2015
likila:

Okaaaay!
You do not get it.
The Nigerian Army has been retooled so that BH cannot use "technicals" (truck-mounted high-calibre guns) or stolen IFVs. Drones or other platforms of the armed forces would pick them off.
With horses, they have a smaller footprint, can blend into the environment faster, and are more manouverable.
they may lose speed and firepower but they gain life-expectancy by lowering attrition-loss.

This is stupid, very stupid.
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by DaBullIT(m): 12:53am On Aug 31, 2015
likila:

Okaaaay!
You do not get it.

Isn't that what i just said ?

I am explaining that it is unusual for Boko Haram to use horses for attacks

I said the only reason why they may use horses if if they have problems procuring / operating vehicles

And that is what you just said yourself , we were saying the same thing all along , i was only trying to prove that Vehicles is a reasonable option for attack , so for them not to be able to use vehicles, it means something is wrong .
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by likila: 2:05am On Aug 31, 2015
A7:

This is stupid, very stupid.

it just killed 68, honest, hard-working Nigerians.
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by likila: 2:07am On Aug 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

... i was only trying to prove that Vehicles is a reasonable option for attack , so for them not to be able to use vehicles, it means something is wrong .

boko haram is not in the business of driving suvs or armored vehicles.
they are into killing people to propagate the Islamic Caliphate.
Whether they kill with bomb, dagger or shilka is immaterial.
Re: Boko Haram Using Uthman Dan Fodio Jihad Tactics Now by Nobody: 2:10am On Aug 31, 2015
jihad my asss .... not in 2015.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Happening To NIPOST? / Nigeria At 55 What Are Your Expectations From The Government / Outstanding Female Doctor Dies Through Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.