Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,467 members, 7,826,777 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers (35573 Views)

Ex-ministers Angry With Jonathan For ‘abandoning’ Them With EFCC / Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by dre11(m): 2:41am On Aug 31, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has met with some members of his cabinet in a bid to defend his integrity.

He was said to have told the former ministers that he was “not a thief in office as being portrayed”.He explained how he met President Muhammadu Buhari for 20 minutes on two issues.

They are:
*advising Buhari against subjecting his person and former cabinet members to “media trial” on alleged corruption and;

*.why the Election Petition Tribunals in Rivers and Akwa Ibom should be allowed to work unhindered.

He deplored what he called the involvement of the Department of State Security Service(DSS) on election-related matters in the two states. According to sources, the meeting was held at Jonathan’s Abuja home a few days ago. It was gathered that about 15 former ministers (including two who were recalled from London) and some former security chiefs attended.

One of the former media aides in the Presidency attended the “strictly private” session to put issues in the correct perspective at the right time.

But the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, who is central to the allegations against Jonathan, was absent. A source, who spoke in confidence, said the session was “a frank and fact-finding” against the backdrop of plans by the Buhari administration to probe Jonathan’s tenure.

The source said: “The ex-President confided in the meeting that he was worried that the gains of his administration were being washed away daily by the allegations of corruption being reeled out by the government. “He said he called the session to set the records straight and get facts because his administration was not enjoying any benefit of doubt among Nigerians, especially the media. “At a point, Jonathan, in an emotional manner told the meeting that ‘I am not a thief in office as being portrayed.

”Another source said the former President asked all the ex-ministers to “brace for the probe ahead and keep their records intact to reply Buhari’s administration on issues being raised. “The ex-ministers unanimously agreed that there were better sides of Jonathan’s administration than being painted as a tenure of graft. “The key ministries, such as Works, Finance, Health, Aviation, Education and even Petroleum Resources were mandated to produce lists of achievements.

“Some of the ex-ministers lamented that the Permanent Secretaries proving to Buhari as holier-than-thou were part of the Jonathan administration and they even made input into the handover notes.

”Responding to a question, the source said: “Jonathan and the ex-ministers admitted that the administration might have some issues to clear in the management of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources. “But they said the situation was not as bad in the oil sector as being alleged.

”A third source said: “I think we should expect some fireworks in the next few days. The meeting resolved to reach out to the public in the same equal weight the allegations of corruption will be released by the Buhari administration.

“But there was a word of caution that any response must not be abusive. The President personally appointed a former Minister of National Planning, Dr. Abubakar Suleiman, to sign any statement on cabinet issues.

It was learnt that some of the ex-Ministers asked Jonathan what he actually discussed with Buhari.“The President said he raised two issues with President Buhari within 20 minutes. This border on the need to avoid media trial on any allegation of corruption being looked into.

He said he told Buhari that his image and members of his cabinet were being dragged in the mud. He said even in law, an accused person is deemed innocent until proven guilty. “Jonathan also said he asked Buhari to leave the Election Petition Tribunals in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states to do their work instead of the hounding of some INEC officials and politicians by DSS.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/probe-jonathan-holds-meeting-with-ex-ministers/

cc lalasticlala

11 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 31, 2015
jona call your boys to order by advising them on how to return our oyel money... kingsolex says sooo

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by shegsrules(m): 2:51am On Aug 31, 2015
Ex ministers don d get portfolio, I wonder since wen oooooo. Oga Jona just free urself from dis people, even dou u no clean I like dey wey u no dey media dey give details on anything.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by erunz(m): 2:52am On Aug 31, 2015
NICE ONE, THIS IS MY MENTOR AND LEADER ANYTIME ANYDAY. APC HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DENT GEJ'S IMAGE, EVEN BEFORE THEIR SO CALLED PROBE, ONE THING THE IS KILLING APC IS GEJ'S SILENCE BECAUSE DESPITE ALL THEIR VUVUZELA ABOUT GEJ'S LOOT D MAN HAS NOT SAID ANYTHING. MY CANDID ADVISE TO APC IS TO STOP MAKING NOISE AND BEGIN THE SO-CALLED PROBE. AM SUPRISED THE DSS AND EFCC HAVE NOT ARRESTED AMECHI AND FASHOLA, SAME WAY SULE LAMIDO WAS ARRESTED.

AM SO SURPRISE WITH DSS INTERFERENCE IN RIVERS AND AKWA IBOM, MUST APC GOVERN AN OIL PRODUCING STATE. I TRUST MY PEOPLE IN SOUTH-SOUTH, IF ANYTHING HAPPENS, APC WILL BLAME THEMSELVES

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by DeRoyalFranco(m): 2:59am On Aug 31, 2015
I wonder why you are calling them ex ministers.. Even Jonathan is still my own president.. And i still see APC as d opposition party... Qat no worries.. Correction = Nigeria president held a meeting with some of his ministers.. Simple!

103 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by seunmsg(m): 3:01am On Aug 31, 2015
Too early for them to be running helter-skelter and holding clandestine meetings. Once investigations are concluded, each of them will be called to give account of their stewardship before a court of competent jurisdiction.

The wise ones among them better start preparing to return back what he/she looted so as to get a lenient plea bargain. Organising themselves into an association of ex ministers with the intention of fighting against the ongoing war on corruption is an effort in futility. Most Nigerians are with the president on his war on corruption.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by ijustdey: 3:14am On Aug 31, 2015
“He said he called the session to set the records straight and get facts because his administration was not enjoying any benefit of
doubt among Nigerians, especially the media. “At
a point, Jonathan, in an emotional manner told the meeting that ‘I am not a thief in office as being portrayed.

you claim not to be a thief but the records of your administration keep giving us doubt about your claim....
the people you put in position stole our common wealth and when anyone raises a voice about it. you turn deaf ear. The EFCC and and ICPC was none existence during your tenure and most corrupt charges at courts where squashed or discontinue because some powerful forces in Abuja gave the detective......

so, who are we to blame

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by LongPennis(m): 3:19am On Aug 31, 2015
APC is obviously taking advantage of Buhari's senility to confuse him more.

Take this to the bank, I don't see Buhari matching the hidden achievements of Gej despite the bad cabals that surrounded him.

APC already envisaged this and had planned to rubbish Gej administration so as to give credence to the little achievement Buhari would have but Nigerians are not daft.

Stones will soon start flying above their heads and cars on the streets. angry

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Randerl: 3:20am On Aug 31, 2015
Yhu all wanted the 100 days Achievement of Baba
Here---
Welcome To The AntiCorruption fireworks 2015

God Bless Mr President, Alhaji Muhammadu Buhari gcfr

17 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by omowolewa: 3:23am On Aug 31, 2015
The meeting was highly confidential yet you got all these to tell the public!

The administration's achievement are seriously being eroded with the corruption allegation. He should have been skeptical about corruption. (Quod non abiet)

Anyway, Goodluck to Jonathan.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Nobody: 3:24am On Aug 31, 2015
Whenever Buhari and his servants finish they can go to court and stop reeling out useless statement to their controlled media propaganda organisations.

Deep down we know it's all hogwash. If they have anything concrete we would have seen action taken. Rather it's all stories here and there. After their daily photoshoot all they do is accuse and accuse and accuse. Useless government. Stories upon stories to feed their gullible followers.

Only in Nigeria you hear that "body language" increases megawatts and repair refineries cheesy cheesy. And later dem go say they're educated. I'm wondering why "body language" never pay the Buhari fanatics 5k a month cheesy

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Islie: 3:29am On Aug 31, 2015
He said he told Buhari that his image and members of his cabinet were being dragged in the mud. He said even in law, an accused person is deemed innocent until proven guilty. “Jonathan also said he asked Buhari to leave the Election Petition Tribunals in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states to do their work instead of the hounding of some INEC officials and politicians by DSS.”

Am sure because he left them to do their work as you did adviced that's why the came about the forensic manipulation of the result of the governorship election where none human did cast almost 90% of the vote that was investigated

Thanks for that advice on thatgringrin

13 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by azzima(m): 3:38am On Aug 31, 2015
See as dem dey collab! No wonder these ministers issued a warning to PMB about his probings. Obviously somebody is getting jittery. I have never seen stealing from every corner like this. Sadly ,most of the people here defending these looters are the same jobless, miserable ones whose futures have been stolen by these thieves. Their children can never be in the same room with the Children of these looters. You can go to all the upscale nightclubs in VI and see what I am talking about.

22 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 31, 2015
All of them should brace up and call their lawyers to get ready for the impending trial. When next they have opportunity to be in government, they should use it well.

5 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by ORACLE1975(m): 4:19am On Aug 31, 2015
I must say I like the bold move of the Jonathan Ministers because from my humble but candid observation, I think the APC has no
agenda and they represents a crop of old and failed politicians who are bereft
of leadership ideas and experiences. Each time I read news from Nigeria, I am
appalled by the arrogant insinuations of the APC and its bad mouthing the
Jonathan administration, even though it is no longer in power. This APC
strategy is one clear characteristic of poor and inexperienced leadership.
While I am not a politician and would never want to be, I would very much love
to contribute my quota to develop Nigeria when I come home. I want APC to learn
from great leaders like the pragmatic and resilient Barack Obama. When Obama
came to power in 2008, the US economy was so bad that it was in deep recession.
The magnitude of such economic disaster impacted the whole global economy that
it plunged into a level as bad as the great depression. Obama did not rule by
making Bush a reference point at every instances or wasting his time conducting
any probe of the Bush administration. Instead, he tackled the problems he met
head long. It is to Obama's credit that the world was steered out of recession
and the global economy became flamboyant once again. Unemployment rate in the
US is now 5.2% down from 9.1% when Obama took power. Even at this present time
when global oil prices have fallen, and big economies like Russia and China are
seeing their surpluses turn to deficit, the US can boast of having one of the
strong economy in the world. The lesson is simple: good leaders do not look for
scapegoats for their own failures. They do not continue pointing accusing
fingers each time reality stare them on the face. They instead put plugs to contain
the problems and stop them from getting worse. The present Nigerian leadership
seems not to know the problem facing the nation. They dont seem to have ideas. The
only ideas they seem to have is how to demonize PDP and cast aspersions on the
people who served the country in the last administration. Noise making, we all
know, cannot solve problems. Noises about stolen funds and waiting until the
funds are recovered before one can start ruling is cheap blackmail. When Buhari
came to power years back, among the problems he said he is fighting was
nepotism. But nepotism of sort is what Nigeria is seeing from his current appointments.
The President should roll out his agenda and his plans to make Nigeria great
even with the limited resources he met on ground. His ability to start working
and not talking about money that has already been spent, will engrave his name
in the annals of history. We Nigerians both home and in diaspora are ready to
work with him. Throwing muds and casting aspersions all the time is getting too
boring and stale, and is a sign of rascality, ineptitude, and an area boy
approach to politicking. It is only in Nigeria and Africa that such leadership
trait is lauded as an achievement. Dear President Buhari, history beckons on
you. Do not let people who have malice and hatred in their heart or axes to
grind drag you into their tirade. If you should be angry over anything, your
anger should be directed at audit Departments in all the Ministries and
parastatals where lootings took place. They earn fat salaries for doing no job,
and they drive shinny cars and live in luxurious homes, and now want you to abandon
your enormous job of governance and do their jobs of checking ledgers.
BUHARI PLEASE SETTLE DOWN.

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Aufbauh(m): 4:43am On Aug 31, 2015
There is fire on the mountain run run run!!!! A clueless man GEJ is always a clueless man if not why will a man who claim innocent will dine with unquestionable characters that he cannot vouch for? Let everyone speak or defend himself..... Period!
Me i counsel the ex-corrupt ministerial agitators to kindly do the needful by returning our looted fund as it belongs to all of us.

5 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by azimibraun: 4:58am On Aug 31, 2015
After the regea play the blues....

I only need the Buhari's administration to give me details of the extent of theft suffered by Nigeria and Nigerians. But to say GEJ's administration was a loot Orgy and they all had orgasm is no news to Nigerians. They stole more than even the Buhari administration can ever uncover.

7 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Pavore9: 5:13am On Aug 31, 2015
Just as l can not vouch for any political office holder be it of APC or PDP, all l have to say to GEJ and all who worked with him is that if their hands are clean before God, no human effort will drag them down but if they had itching fingers around the common purse, they will find no refuge!

5 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Firefire(m): 5:39am On Aug 31, 2015
APC useless and baseless media noises will end in futility if no action.

15 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by disloman(m): 5:44am On Aug 31, 2015
DeRoyalFranco:
I wonder why you are calling them ex ministers.. Even Jonathan is still my own president.. And i still see APC as d opposition party... Qat no worries.. Correction = Nigeria president held a meeting with some of his ministers.. Simple!
Hatred n sentiment don spoil ur life so tey ur brain sef don dey malfunction.I sori 4 u.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by jazinogold(m): 5:48am On Aug 31, 2015
buhari holds meeting with, future ministers!
Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by saintopus(m): 6:03am On Aug 31, 2015
ORACLE1975:
I must say I like the bold move of the Jonathan Ministers because from my humble but candid observation, I think the APC has no
agenda and they represents a crop of old and failed politicians who are bereft
of leadership ideas and experiences. Each time I read news from Nigeria, I am
appalled by the arrogant insinuations of the APC and its bad mouthing the
Jonathan administration, even though it is no longer in power. This APC
strategy is one clear characteristic of poor and inexperienced leadership.
While I am not a politician and would never want to be, I would very much love
to contribute my quota to develop Nigeria when I come home. I want APC to learn
from great leaders like the pragmatic and resilient Barack Obama. When Obama
came to power in 2008, the US economy was so bad that it was in deep recession.
The magnitude of such economic disaster impacted the whole global economy that
it plunged into a level as bad as the great depression. Obama did not rule by
making Bush a reference point at every instances or wasting his time conducting
any probe of the Bush administration. Instead, he tackled the problems he met
head long. It is to Obama's credit that the world was steered out of recession
and the global economy became flamboyant once again. Unemployment rate in the
US is now 5.2% down from 9.1% when Obama took power. Even at this present time
when global oil prices have fallen, and big economies like Russia and China are
seeing their surpluses turn to deficit, the US can boast of having one of the
strong economy in the world. The lesson is simple: good leaders do not look for
scapegoats for their own failures. They do not continue pointing accusing
fingers each time reality stare them on the face. They instead put plugs to contain
the problems and stop them from getting worse. The present Nigerian leadership
seems not to know the problem facing the nation. They dont seem to have ideas. The
only ideas they seem to have is how to demonize PDP and cast aspersions on the
people who served the country in the last administration. Noise making, we all
know, cannot solve problems. Noises about stolen funds and waiting until the
funds are recovered before one can start ruling is cheap blackmail. When Buhari
came to power years back, among the problems he said he is fighting was
nepotism. But nepotism of sort is what Nigeria is seeing from his current appointments.
The President should roll out his agenda and his plans to make Nigeria great
even with the limited resources he met on ground. His ability to start working
and not talking about money that has already been spent, will engrave his name
in the annals of history. We Nigerians both home and in diaspora are ready to
work with him. Throwing muds and casting aspersions all the time is getting too
boring and stale, and is a sign of rascality, ineptitude, and an area boy
approach to politicking. It is only in Nigeria and Africa that such leadership
trait is lauded as an achievement. Dear President Buhari, history beckons on
you. Do not let people who have malice and hatred in their heart or axes to
grind drag you into their tirade. If you should be angry over anything, your
anger should be directed at audit Departments in all the Ministries and
parastatals where lootings took place. They earn fat salaries for doing no job,
and they drive shinny cars and live in luxurious homes, and now want you to abandon
your enormous job of governance and do their jobs of checking ledgers.
BUHARI PLEASE SETTLE DOWN.

Good thinking! Good product!!! You have said it all. I think many things will happen between now and 2019 but none of them resemble GEJ and his ex ministers ever going to jail. The reason is simple! Media propaganda.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by otukpo(f): 6:13am On Aug 31, 2015
Pmb, please probe the ministers.

2 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by omenka(m): 6:28am On Aug 31, 2015
Reading this, the first thing that comes to mind is Ali Baba and the 40 15 Thieves.

Imagine jo advising that the DSS steered clear election matters, just imagine that. angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Shekau1(m): 6:29am On Aug 31, 2015
kingsolex:
jona call your boys to order by advising them on how to return our oyel money... kingsolex says sooo
your not from Niger/Delta so pls stop claiming their oyel money.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by hedonistic: 6:31am On Aug 31, 2015
azzima:
See as dem dey collab! No wonder these ministers issued a warning to PMB about his probings. Obviously somebody is getting jittery. I have never seen stealing from every corner like this. Sadly ,most of the people here defending these looters are the same jobless, miserable ones whose futures have been stolen by these thieves. Their children can never be in the same room with the Children of these looters. You can go to all the upscale nightclubs in VI and see what I am talking about.

You don't sound particularly intelligent. "I have never seen stealing from every corner like this"? Which stealing did you see other than stupid, unsubstantiated allegations in the media? Is that not what rational people have been cautioning against? On the basis of these unfounded allegations, you have already made up your mind even before a court trial, let alone a conviction. That is the hallmark of an unthinking being - a trait associated with lesser animals like baboons and monkeys who lack the thinking faculties associated with humans.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by otabuko(m): 6:32am On Aug 31, 2015
L
Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by akwara1234: 6:38am On Aug 31, 2015
Speeching speechless
Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by hassan85(m): 6:39am On Aug 31, 2015
corruption is unnegotiable. if de like dey should invite kukah and Sultan too. useless shameless mafos. And gullible ask PMB to fight corruption and hailing Gej unpentant corrupt bayelsa bigot. Wait and see shey that's they are disappointed that Pmb refused to appoint their choices in d new government. They haven't seen anything..... shey today Zakari is still Inec chairperson let Fayose keep wailing heaven will not fall!

5 Likes

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by Warlord3000(m): 7:03am On Aug 31, 2015
Tell them to return money.

Simple

1 Like

Re: Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers by emperorchedda(m): 7:04am On Aug 31, 2015
Every other ministries can be pardoned but not petroleum and interior.

That woman Dieziani personally dipped the oil sector in shiit while jetting around the world, she deserves all the criticism GEJ is getting. As a petroleum minister you should spear head the prosecution of subsidy theft

Abba Moro in his own case was left in that seat because dumb GEJ wanted to compensate the North even after the immigration exercise killed 12 Nigerians in an ill-fated test

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Fraudulently Allocated Votes To Tinubu- Kwankwaso / Tope Elusogbon, PDP Chieftain, Beaten In Osun Rerun (Video) / NSITF: Buhari Appoints Board Members Of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.