Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

The Best Nigerian Developed Game? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Best Nigerian Developed Game? (2329 Views)

My Ps3 Developed YLOD Today Can It Be Repaired? / The Top 6 Most Expensive Video Games Ever Developed / Santa Island - Now Out On Google Play (An Android Game Developed By A Nigerian) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by LXStudio(m): 4:42am On Aug 31, 2015
10 months in the making, Battle Of The Gods has finally been set forth upon the world. It is a real-time multiplayer match 3 game, and (although I'm biased) probably the best designed game ever made by Nigerian talent.

Obviously I say this because I'm the developer grin, but in all seriousness, I would like you guys to try it out (It's free) and come back and tell me if there is any other Nigerian developed mobile game on the market with the kind of depth this game has.

By depth I mean: Real-time multiplayer, Friend system, Ranked battles, Weekly tournaments with in-game prizes, over 100 Anfani card boosters, the list goes on.

This isn't just about bragging rights (although it kinda is), but I would like to keep bringing updates and improvements to the game and really bring a level of polish that can rival Candy Crush and the others, so constructive criticism is very much welcome!

Check it out here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.recursionsystems.hex

See you online! (my Friend ID is: baddestguy)

- B
Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by joncom(m): 4:57am On Aug 31, 2015
Nice, can you show some screen shots?

2 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by LXStudio(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
Here you go:

1 Share

Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by purplekayc(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2015
Giv us I ink to download it and try out
Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by LXStudio(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2015

Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by Stconvict(m): 11:31am On Nov 07, 2015
This looks amazing. Trying it out ASAP. Too bad Nigerians don't show support for homemade games.
Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by LXStudio(m): 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
Stconvict:
This looks amazing. Trying it out ASAP.
Too bad Nigerians don't show support for homemade games.

Thanks man. Lemme know how I can improve smiley
Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by Papae3937: 10:14am On Sep 10, 2017
Wow! I didn't know it took you ten months. How long did it take you to do Touch Combat?
Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by LXStudio(m): 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
Touch Combat was considerably shorter (about 6 months), mostly due to Touch Combat being a single player game and Battle of the gods being a multiplayer game.

Multiplayer games are incredibly difficult to build and maintain because of all the factors that lie outside your control (like user bandwidth, network, etc and making sure the game can handle almost any situation without blowing up in the users face). I also added In-app purchasing for the first time (a pain to implement) as well as single player content.

Having an online component also meant I had to have "e-sport like" features, such as weekly tournaments, worldwide battles, advanced player stat tracking, etc. Being the sole programmer, artist, and designer, you can only imagine how difficult it would have been to implement all these features.

Hopefully one day when data is not that big an issue in Nigeria it will catch on, but until then, I'll keep it as my greatest game design and programming accomplishment thus far!

I Hope you enjoy both games smiley
Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by sonofthunder: 8:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
LXStudio:
Touch Combat was considerably shorter (about 6 months), mostly due to Touch Combat being a single player game and Battle of the gods being a multiplayer game.

Multiplayer games are incredibly difficult to build and maintain because of all the factors that lie outside your control (like user bandwidth, network, etc and making sure the game can handle almost any situation without blowing up in the users face). I also added In-app purchasing for the first time (a pain to implement) as well as single player content.

Having an online component also meant I had to have "e-sport like" features, such as weekly tournaments, worldwide battles, advanced player stat tracking, etc. Being the sole programmer, artist, and designer, you can only imagine how difficult it would have been to implement all these features.

Hopefully one day when data is not that big an issue in Nigeria it will catch on, but until then, I'll keep it as my greatest game design and programming accomplishment thus far!

I Hope you enjoy both games smiley
hello, nice efforts. Do you program or you use an app builder?
p.s. you can provide a link to playstore for your app.
Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by LXStudio(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
sonofthunder:

hello, nice efforts. Do you program or you use an app builder?
p.s. you can provide a link to playstore for your app.

Thanks. The link is in my signature (at the bottom of all my posts), but I'll post it again: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.recursionsystems.hex

I used the Unity game engine to build it. You can download it here for free: https://unity3d.com/

You do need extensive knowledge of the C# language to make a game worth playing though.
Re: The Best Nigerian Developed Game? by sonofthunder: 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
LXStudio:

Thanks. The link is in my signature (at the bottom of all my posts), but I'll post it again: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.recursionsystems.hex

I used the Unity game engine to build it. You can download it here for free: https://unity3d.com/

You do need extensive knowledge of the C# language to make a game worth playing though.
I'm probably the worst programmer on earth its been my draw back...

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Anyone Help Me With Sites I Can Download Offline Android Games / Football Manager Mobile 2019 For Android / Among Us Nigerian Gamers Discord Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.