Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (3323 Views)

Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director / Amodu Shuaibu Returns As Eagle's Technical Director / Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Marymos: 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2009
We lack patience in this country.Coach Shuaibu Amodu should be sacked for securing a draw in the last world cup qualifying match.That will be ridiculous.Let give him the next two matches to prove himself after which NFF should go ahead to do whatever he desire.However,Coach Amodu has already be told ny NFF that he must win the match against Tunisa in Tunis or be fired.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2009
akinalabi:

Knee jerk reactions.

Tell us why he should be sacked.

Haven't you heard enough? Even a blind man knows he's no good.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by deb(m): 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2009
Jarus,
sacking him is one thing, who is next is another thing and if possible, a more important issue.
maybe sacking him will bring back onigbinde or obj can come and take over the national team as a coach so nigerians shld be mindful of who is next before taking any action.
again, we have to think about the clauses of the contract. it is assumed that his employees must have given him target. who knows if not allowing the eagles to be defeated is a condition so a draw is a good dame under such contracts.
there are some clauses in contracts like this that can put the coach in a better position if sacked than when he maintains his job.
look at the chelsea sacking of mourinho.

Is Amodu better than Onigbinde? FIFA is not stupid to have retained Onigbinde as her technical director.

Amodu should be sacked now! He shouldn't even have been appointed in the first place. Infact NFF is fired too!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by deb(m): 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2009
We lack patience in this country.Coach Shuaibu Amodu should be sacked for securing a draw in the last world cup qualifying match.That will be ridiculous.Let give him the next two matches to prove himself after which NFF should go ahead to do whatever he desire.However,Coach Amodu has already be told ny NFF that he must win the match against Tunisa in Tunis or be fired.

Let give him the next two matches to prove himself

What!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked by that time Tunisia would have qualified for South Africa 2010.
He should be sacked now! Enough of mediocre handling the eagles
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by akinalabi(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2009
George_D:

Haven't you heard enough? Even a blind man knows he's no good.

Such anylysis is for the beer palour and the viewing centres.

If you say he should be sacked, we must give reasons. Drawing
Mozambique is not a good reason.

My reasons for saying he should stay are obvious.

1. He qualified us for France 98 after Bonfrere almost bungled
the qualifiers.

2. He took us to Nations Cup 2002 and got a bronze. Onigbide
took over and performed rubbish in the world cup.

3. He's been in charge of the qualifiers so far winning all the
games.

Now he's drawn Mozambique and you say sack him.

Give reasons and not viewing center arguments.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by akinalabi(m): 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2009
agabaI23:

No! He should be jailed!

That summarizes the kind of analysis here.

Nonsense!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Redman44(m): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2009
The handwriting is on the wall. I think Amodu Shuaibu should be relieved of his job. All those who are clamouring for him to remain as Eagles coach should smell the coffee. Tunisia will beat us to the ticket if we don't do something fast. It will be very bad if Nigeria does not qualify for SA 2010. Tunisia is not Liberia or Sierra Leone that can just be shoved aside. The Carthage Eagles are compact and tough to defeat. I will come back to what the NFF must do later today. Cheers.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by deb(m): 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2009
Onigbide

The team that "performed rubbish" was assembled by Onigbinde in how many months?
FIFA respects that man, but our fire brigade Nigerians will not.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by rikamann: 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2009
What do you think is the problem? Is it Amoudu or the fact that we no more have quality players in Eagles? Apart from Mikel Obi, can you point to any other quality player? We need to go back to the roots, that is, scout round Nigeria for these quality boys which are everywhere but do no have connection to go overseas to play football. Think about this all!
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by deb(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2009
Who lied to you that Mikel Obi is a quality player? Maybe when he was with Nigeria's under 20 he was a quality player but
now Mikel Obi is no quality to me!

On Amodu again, that guy is so useless and should be sacked!
A good coach should get result with an average team. His job is to maximize their individual strength and mould them into
an above average team and before long they will become excellent.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by rikamann: 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
deb, thanks for comment. Mikel is a very skilful player who can protect the ball like Maradona but Mourinho preferred to use him as a defensive instead of an attacking player, and he has continued in this role. I pray one good coach should convert him back to what he used to be, the Siasia way.
For Shaibu, he is arguably the best in Nigeria. Check out his records with Nigerian clubs especially with BCC lions. He should be encouraged even though I couldn't eat because of the draw. I'm also very afraid that we might not qualify because Tunisia is organised. Please, let's look for quality players.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by dave27: 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2009
for me amodu lack the will to motivate this boys to victory.In addition the boys are not committed to playing for their father land.Only few are proud to wear the famous green ,white green jersey.
iam a nigeria.
www.rebrandnaija.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
akinalabi,
True,the draw to Mozambique is not enough to sack him.
But I look at the circumstances surrounding that result,and it appears he is not competent enough to lead the Eagles.
Sure,Mozambique can hold anyone at home.they held Ivory coat 1-1 i think in the qualifiers for CAN2008.that kind of result can happen to any nation in World cup qualifying.
But when you think that he didn't show any will to win the game (e.g. thru his substitutions,tactics) then I think it's only fair for people to call for his removal.

You mentioned that he won all his games in the first stage.By God,if we can't beat the likes of Sierra Leone,equatorial Guinea and South Africa,despite the fact that there really are no longer any minnows in football,then he should be fired.given the abundance of talent we have at our disposal,nothing short of 6 victories against the kind of opposition we faced is acceptable.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by carlosikem(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
he shold not be sacked but in nigerian football god fathers are what we do suffer from everyday.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by shoboy9: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2009
RE: Amodu's fate

If you really want to help Nigerian football, sack NFF. But there are plenty more mediocres where they came from that will be employed to employ the most mediocre people to manage the national team. Nigerian football cant be isolated from what is happening to the rest of the nation.

How much change will happen depends on how passionate about qualifications the fans are. If enough people desire change badly enough, they'll get it. But there are no easy routes to anywhere worth going.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by akinalabi(m): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2009
deb:

The team that "performed rubbish" was assembled by Onigbinde in how many months?
FIFA respects that man, but our fire brigade Nigerians will not.

How many months did Amodu have when he took over during
the qualifiers for France 98? It was the Chief's choice to bring in the
likes of Ogbeche so the buck stops at his desk.

Being in the FIFA commitee does not mean he ca do jack.

Do you know Amos Adamu  is the Deputy Chairman of FIFA technical
committee?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2009
deb,
Onigbinde killed whatever credibility he had left with the squad he took to Japan/Korea.
That team has to go down as one of the worst teams in Super Eagles History.Imagine taking unproven players to the World Cup in this era.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
[b]@@@ post

u see sh it like this thread makes me so piss off, cuz most post here dnt even grasp the game of football

amodu should have never been there in the first place!!

should he be sacked yes cuz all along amodu was never good enough and thats it !!

in all the matches we played we never won comfortably, as usual the attackin mid-filed is dead, hence yobo the usual goal scorer we had in some of the matches

if u take that for a joke, let super eagles play ivory coast that got good attacking team them see what me have been talking about

the thing is these morons in nl talk like the know when they dnt

u have ex retired players sayin nigeria dnt have a team, u think this is for a joke?? madness!!! players that being there and done that like ipeba, jj, amoka etc

menhhhh these morons are killing nigeria in everything it has

anybody that looks at super-eagles clearly knows that our mid field need young  fresh 3 or 4 legs in there, but the clueless amodu dnt know that

so what yall these morons talkin about[/b]
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by akinalabi(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2009
Eastbay:

akinalabi,
True,the draw to Mozambique is not enough to sack him.
But I look at the circumstances surrounding that result,and it appears he is not competent enough to lead the Eagles.
Sure,Mozambique can hold anyone at home.they held Ivory coat 1-1 i think in the qualifiers for CAN2008.that kind of result can happen to any nation in World cup qualifying.
But when you think that he didn't show any will to win the game (e.g. thru his substitutions,tactics) then I think it's only fair for people to call for his removal.

You mentioned that he won all his games in the first stage.By God,if we can't beat the likes of Sierra Leone,equatorial Guinea and South Africa,despite the fact that there really are no longer any minnows in football,then he should be fired.given the abundance of talent we have at our disposal,nothing short of 6 victories against the kind of opposition we faced is acceptable.

Thank God you're here.

The kind of analysis we were getting here was sickening.

You talked about the will, tactics, substututions etc. We are still
talking about ONE match. Yes, he bungled it in all ways. Is bungling
your first match in the qualifiers a good enough reason to sack
him.

Eastbay:

Good you mentioned there are no more winnows. What is
the guarantee that anpther coach would have won all six
matches?
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by Redman44(m): 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2009
We need to go back to the basics. We need to stop this culture of relying on players who are not committed. I still don't know why the NFF did not deem it fit to give Samson Siasia the job of coaching the Super Eagles. This is the only Nigerian coach with a website. Other coaches do not even have blogs, not to talk of websites. It shows Siasia has a fertile mind. The guy knows what he is doing. It is very bad that in Nigeria, we don't appreciate innovative people. We often make the mistake of seeing them as threats to our existence. Siaone is a coach that can bring up players from anywhere in the world. He knows how to track down players and he knows how to get the best of out of them. The skills gap betwwen Amodu Shuaibu and Samson Siasia is very wide. Siaone also has a natural intelligence that Amodu lacks.

Lets look at Samson Siasia and the 2 tournaments he has led Nigeria to so far. At Holland 2005, he took a team of lads to the WYC and came second behind Argentina. His boys in the Netherlands were hungry for success and they shone brightly that European clubs scrambled for their signatures. When Siaone was made coach of the Olympics Squad, he reached out to his boys again. Many of them heeded his call. The ones that could not come back due to different reasons were replaced by more hungrier players. Siasia qualified for the Olympics at the expense of Ghana and the rest of what happened is history. We all knew how he called the bluffs of Mikel Obi and Taiye Taiwo, and still performed well without them at Beijing. THIS IS THE KIND OF COACH WE NEED. Let us cast sentiments aside. Siasia is good to lead us in the rest of the campaign towards South Africa 2010.  We need a coach that can scout for fresh legs. We need a coach who knows what to do when the chips are down. We need a coach who is informed. We need a coach that can still dazzle his boys on the field. When you look at clips of Siasia and his boys in training, you will think the coach is also a player.

It took some cunning from Lionel Messi for Siasia's team to be beaten at the finals of the Men's Football event at the Olympics. The NFF need to swallow their pride and do the right thing. Tunisia is already planning how to defeat the Super Eagles. The way I'm seeing things, they might not play the match in Tunis. My radar is telling me that they could take the game to a grittier region of Tunisia where the Eagles will be dealt with. All what the Tunisians will be looking for is to beat Nigeria at home and get a draw in Abuja. Then they would try to win their games both home and away against the other countries in the group. They are perfecting their plans already. God help us. I must say that the Tunisians have some good players in their squad. All the other players are just committed and they play according to instructions.

The NFF should have done the right thing at the right time. There is not time for unrealistic goals and crass lethargy. The desire of 140 million Nigerians is at stake. Smell the coffee, Sani Lulu and Co. You will all be stoned if Nigeria does not qualify for SA 2010. Imagine a World Cup in Africa without Nigeria!!! And who says it will be so easy to beat Kenya? With this current set of players we have? Something is not just right, mates. Amodu needs to go.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by nearest(m): 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
naija with their sack him syndrom
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by akinalabi(m): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2009
Redman44:

Imagine a World Cup in Africa without Nigeria!!!

The world won't miss a thing. . .  grin

I will be in SA enjoying myself with or without the eagles  cheesy
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
redman

me don tire
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by deb(m): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2009
What is
the guarantee that anpther coach would have won all six
matches?

True true he won 6 matches.
The question is how did he win them? Go and watch those matches he won again. There was no team pattern, no technical depth
infact nothing to write home about. They were victories I will term luck. How long will he continue to get lucky with no technical depth?
We don dey see am small small
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2009
Such anylysis is for the beer palour and the viewing centres.

If you say he should be sacked, we must give reasons. Drawing
Mozambique is not a good reason.

My reasons for saying he should stay are obvious.

1. He qualified us for France 98 after Bonfrere almost bungled
the qualifiers.

2. He took us to Nations Cup 2002 and got a bronze. Onigbide

3. He's been in charge of the qualifiers so far winning all the
games.

Now he's drawn Mozambique and you say sack him.

Give reasons and not viewing center arguments.

Thank you. Your list of amodu 'achievements' are quite instructive.
No wonder you're looking forward to going to SA without the
eagles.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
^^^^^

yall joke!!

amodu should be sacked before this month runs out
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by akinalabi(m): 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2009
deb:

True true he won 6 matches.
The question is how did he win them? Go and watch those matches he won again. There was no team pattern, no technical depth
infact nothing to write home about. They were victories I will term luck. How long will he continue to get lucky with no technical depth?
We don dey see am small small

The magnitude of a game and the strenght of the opposition most times will
detemine what strategy, tactics and attitute you take to a game. As long as
you achieve your objective at the end of the day, how you did it is not that
important.

George_D:

Thank you. Your list of amodu 'achievements' are quite instructive.
No wonder you're looking forward to going to SA without the
eagles.

We're talking about a world cup qualifier here and he has done
it before. We need no further proof.

If for any reason he is removed, please not Onigbide of all people.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2009
What are we talking about here? Luck with no tact may get you by some of the times,
but there is a limit to which you can continue to get lucky.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by rikamann: 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
Friends, let's stop these Naija arguments that look like probe without follow up. SA 2010 is at stake and we MUST be there. Like someone said, Siasia is a good motivator and I would want to say that he also packs some luck with him. Amodu is tactically good but has his own lapses like everyone else. .Maybe he is more of a club coach than a National coach. The Fergusons, Wengers are club coaches and not National coaches. We must know what we NEED and not accept the ignorance of NFF
Can Amodu invite Siasia to the coaching crew for the benefit of all?
When Baba Onigbinde took d young Ogbeches to Scotland, Jamaica, etc, do you know what Amodu said then? He said these boys are not ripe for Eagles. After the woeful display of the Eagles, is Amodu not right?
No to foreign coach but Yes to Amodu, Siasia and another good coach l;ike James Peter. Your constructive opinion is welcome as we work together to get to SA.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by ikeyman00(m): 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2009
NFF na just like nepa PHC nfa

they are all yansh!! period instead replace this ewedu coach and being proactive; they are hanging when we loss against tunis and kenya

hey hey hey

loookin

NFF serves coach Amodu ultimatum thisday
By Olawale Ajimotokan, 04.17.2009
Friday, April 17, 2009

Nigeria Football Association (NFF) will finally weigh the future of Shaibu Amodu as the national coach after the Super Eagles trip to Tunis on June 20 for a World Cup qualifying showdown with Tunisia, NFF technical committee sources have disclosed. Speculations have continued to mire the future of Amodu after the Eagles could only manage a draw on their visit to Mozambique on March 28 on the resumption of the final round of African World Cup 2010 qualifying campaign.

Rumours and denials have dominated the news of the coordinated plans made by both the NFF and the National Sports Commission (NSC) to drag in former national coach Clemens Westerhof at a short notice to bring the Eagles World Cup campaign on track as response to overwhelming public opinion.

However, NFF technical committee sources disclosed that the football federation after weighing the looming situation at a crisis meeting will only review Amodu’s status after the make or break match against the Tunisians as it is too early to change the composition of the national technical crew.

Tunisia currently lead Nigeria in Group B by two points courtesy of the Carthage Eagles’ 2-1 victory over Kenya in Nairobi on March 28

The Eagles are now expected to give Amodu a huge relief by beating Kenya in Abuja on June 6 and follow up by at least avoiding a defeat when they visit Tunis two weeks later to sustain their charge to a earn a World Cup slot after missing the last finals at Germany 2006.

But a defeat in Tunisia will leave the Eagles high and dry and finally make Amodu’s position with the national team untenable.

Before the matches against Kenya and Tunisia, the Eagles will test their might against Republic of Ireland and France in warm up matches in Europe and it is believed those games will help the Nigerian federation to assess the technical ability of the team which failed to impress in last two friendly matches against Colombia and Jamaica.

“Though the current situation is dicey, we feel the coaching crew need a good run of matches considering the same bench recorded 100 per cent result in the last qualifying round” disclosed our NFF source.

Speaking in the same vain, Eagles assistant coach Daniel Amokachi said it was erroneous to call for the head of the coaching crew for recording an away draw.

“We understand the expectation from the match against Mozambique, but anyone that understands football will realize that every point is going to count and at a point our 100 percent should come to an end. There are still five tough matches ahead. World Cup ticket is not earned and lost solely on the basis of the outcome of one match” he said.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by akinalabi(m): 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
George_D:

What are we talking about here? Luck with no tact may get you by some of the times,
but there is a limit to which you can continue to get lucky.

Who's talking about luck.

He's qualified us for a world cup in the past. That's experience
and not luck. He can do it again.
Re: Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? by PurestBoy(m): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2009
Amodu should be sacked with immediate effect b4 more damages is done. Mikel Obi too should be ignored cos I aint feeling his impact in the team. Can't even prove his worth as a chelsea player

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falconets Depart For U-20 Women’s Wc / Top 3 Richest Nigerian Footballers And Their Cars / O My God.... Brt9ja I Will Never Give On U.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.