Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

My Dog Attacked Me - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Attacked Me (5808 Views)

Rabid Dog Attacked My Dog / 5-Year-Old Girl Attacked By Landlord's Dog In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2015
Wanted to take him for a walk, as we stepped out of the gate I noticed the collar wasn't strong enough I then decided not to go anymore. On trying to take him back into the house he dragged and pulled me back, I called his name and pulled harder, when this did not yield any result I had to carry him into the house.

Na there the madness start o.

He barked viciously like that of a lion that wanted to attack his prey, he jumped at me with full force ( men saying I've never seen a dog jump this way in my life is an understatement) I waved him away, he came for me again, still waved him away with a double punch in his head, he came with more aggression, though i still managed to waved him but I slipped and fell this time around. Then maliciously and furiously, he jumped at me while lying down, I swiftly raised my hand and grasped his throat on air and held him with my utmost power; while he was struggling to free himself, I managed to stand up and used my two hands to held his throat. This boy almost free himself but then I was determined not to leave him until I choke him to death because if I didn't he might get back at me.

While we were dragging, i heard my people shouting water water, then brought a barrel of water and pour it on both us. He then calm down and relaxed. Having observed this, I released him.

He therefore walked around the house quietly as if nothing happened.

My kid sister that witnessed the scenario described it as "wrestling".

No be small thing o, I'm even happy that I was the one involved and not any of the women in the house or my kid brothers.

That's his recent pix.

2 Likes

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by Hybrid600: 9:40am On Aug 31, 2015
It's like telling a child "Let's go out" and getting to the gate, you changed your mind.. That pikin go forgive you?
Dogs have emotions too.. Next time, don't change your mind...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by donholy28(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2015
Na u cause am...today way e wan see d oda dog for street way e dey eye u come change mind...u get luck

4 Likes

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 9:47am On Aug 31, 2015
That's me and him, we took this pix about 7 months ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by Mynd44: 9:56am On Aug 31, 2015
This is what happens when the dog believes he/she is the alpha. You need to establish your dominance

6 Likes

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2015
Mynd44:
This is what happens when the dog believes he/she is the alpha. You need to establish your dominance

He wasn't like this, didn't know what came over him yesterday.
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 11:30am On Aug 31, 2015
I'm trying to make up my mind on what to do about him for what happened yesterday wasn't funny at all.

What if it was my younger ones? What if it was the ladies in the house? The story would have changed.

Thank God for my training in physical combat years ago.

2 Likes

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by UncleGreg: 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
you sabi tell story shaaa ............ welldone!

5 Likes

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by tobolos(m): 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2015
bro,you need to go back to the road and hit the ground walking.
Dogs placed within limited space or "solitary confinement" often behaves like this.You can get him a companion(probably a female) if he doesn't have one.

Abeg,try and build up the confidence level of your neighbours as a result of his action.
I remember how a neighbour was compelled by the estate association to relocate his rot after series of complaints by the residents .His mum was even bitten by the same dog in the process of feeding.His case was a case of total neglect and not showing enough love.

cheers
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by wheezyoung(m): 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
gwas:
I'm trying to make up my mind on what to do about him for what happened yesterday wasn't funny at all.

What if it was my younger ones? What if it was the ladies in the house? The story would have changed.

Thank God for my training in physical combat years ago.
you no dey flog am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by xana101: 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
can we see recent pix of the dog. that's y i always use cain on my dog. the day my dog bark at me. i use cain and flog him and since then him never try rubbish at me again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
tobolos:
bro,you need to go back to the road and hit the ground walking.
Dogs placed within limited space or "solitary confinement" often behaves like this.You can get him a companion(probably a female) if he doesn't have one.

Abeg,try and build up the confidence level of your neighbours as a result of his action.
I remember how a neighbour was compelled by the estate association to relocate his rot after series of complaints by the residents .His mum was even bitten by the same dog in the process of feeding.His case was a case of total neglect and not showing enough love.

cheers

Yeah, I believe you bro because the last time we take him around was over a month; we once brought in a female dog which he ignored for over 48hrs. We had to return her!

But we showed this boy love, I did feed him with my bare hands until yesterday.
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
UncleGreg:
you sabi tell story shaaa ............ welldone!

Lol, thank you
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
xana101:
can we see recent pix of the dog. that's y i always use cain on my dog. the day my dog bark at me. i use cain and flog him and since then him never try rubbish at me again.

That's his recent pix up there. The first photo.
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
wheezyoung:
you no dey flog am

I dey flog am wella, my younger one even joke say na because I too dey beat am that's why e attack me, say e don mean me tey tey grin

5 Likes

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by nickyvil: 3:23pm On Aug 31, 2015
Your dog got excited and anxious so changing plan you just need to let his brain relax before you take him back inside. Dog like this like going out exercising but the way he attacked you I noticed your dog is growing from adolescent into adult he's showing his real self. Some dog are dominant dog. Dog do keep memories pls don't be flogging him most times but rather you can train him to what you want by the use of your leg to tap him from the back in the middle of any action you don't like him doing they learned more and capturing it in their brain.
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
Your dog is now wild animal... cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
nickyvil:
Your dog got excited and anxious so changing plan you just need to let his brain relax before you take him back inside. Dog like this like going out exercising but the way he attacked you I noticed your dog is growing from adolescent into adult he's showing his real self. Some dog are dominant dog. Dog do keep memories pls don't be flogging him most times but rather you can train him to what you want by the use of your leg to tap him from the back in the middle of any action you don't like him doing they learned more and capturing it in their brain.

Hmmmm thank you bro
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by Seun(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
gwas:

I dey flog am wella, my younger one even joke say na because I too dey beat am that's why e attack me, say e don mean me tey tey grin
Beating a dog makes the dog unpredictable and dangerous. A strong willed dog like yours and mine could attack the person who beats them while a weak-willed dog would lash out in fear unexpectedly. You need to stop that shit and focus on positive training. Don't make your dog dangerous. You also need to listen to your dog. If your dog is in a bad mood, let him be. They're animals, creatures of emotion. When they misbehave, it's not personal. It's just a product of bad training and sometimes health problems e.g. pain. A dog can bite you and then 2 seconds later he has forgotten the whole thing. My dog might snap and growl if you try to take raw meat from him, but the moment the meat is in your custody he starts wagging his tail like a puppy. The day I first got Sloan, he bit me for touching his food. After he finished it he came around to lick me. No, he was not saying sorry. He was just feeling well fed. Dogs aren't thinkers. They just act as they feel at the moment. That's all.

In this case, I think your dog was just engaging in rough play with you. Trust me, since you were not bleeding after they separated you, it was certainly just rough play. Like the way puppies play. But you thought the dog was attacking you because you don't trust him because you have been mistreating him and you know that one day he will probably attack you in retaliation. You need to learn to use food to manage your dog.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by winetapper: 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
Seun:
Beating a dog makes the dog unpredictable and dangerous. A strong willed like yours and mine could attack the person who beats them while a weak-willed dog would lash out in fear unexpectedly. You need to stop that shit and focus on positive training. You've made your dog dangerous. Also, you need to listen to your dog. Ifyour dog is in a cranky state, let him be. They are animals, creatures of emotion. It's not personal.
yes you are right when ever i want to beat my mongrel it lies down and charge on the item am holding ..
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by Seun(m): 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mynd44:
This sort of thing is more likely to happen as a result of an owner trying to be alpha. If you're playing dominance games with your dog, then your dog will challenge you from time to time in order to see if he can become alpha. That's dangerous for all concerned. As humans, we don't belong in the canine dominance hierarchy. We don't need to be alpha cos we are better than alpha. We are (or should be) gods to them.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
Seun:
Beating a dog makes the dog unpredictable and dangerous. A strong willed dog like yours and mine could attack the person who beats them while a weak-willed dog would lash out in fear unexpectedly. You need to stop that shit and focus on positive training. Don't make your dog dangerous. You also need to listen to your dog. If your dog is in a bad mood, let him be. They're animals, creatures of emotion. When they misbehave, it's not personal. It's just a product of bad training and sometimes health problems e.g. pain. A dog can bite you and then 2 seconds later he has forgotten the whole thing. My dog might snap and growl if you try to take raw meat from him, but the moment the meat is in your custody he starts wagging his tail like a puppy. The day I first got Sloan, he bit me for touching his food. After he finished it he came around to lick me. No, he was not saying sorry. He was just feeling well fed. Dogs aren't thinkers. They just act as they feel at the moment. That's all.

In this case, I think your dog was just engaging in rough play with you. Trust me, since you were not bleeding after they separated you, it was certainly just rough play. Like the way puppies play. But you thought the dog was attacking you because you don't trust him because you have been mistreating him and you know that one day he will probably attack you in retaliation. You need to learn to use food to manage your dog.

Thanks bro, I learnt one or two things from your post - very informative, but I disagree with your last paragraph.
Which kain yeye play be that na, does dogs bark and look vicious while playing? Seun did you read how I described the way he jumped at me?
He doesn't bark when he jump at us, what happened yesterday was a jump to kill.

3 Likes

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by GRACEGLORY: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
gwas:
Wanted to take him for a walk, as we stepped out of the gate I noticed the collar wasn't strong enough I then decided not to go anymore. On trying to take him back into the house he dragged and pulled me back, I called his name and pulled harder, when this did not yield any result I had to carry him into the house.

Na there the madness start o.

He barked viciously like that of a lion that wanted to attack his prey, he jumped at me with full force ( men saying I've never seen a dog jump this way in my life is an understatement) I waved him away, he came for me again, still waved him away with a double punch in his head, he came with more aggression, though i still managed to waved him but I slipped and fell this time around. Then maliciously and furiously, he jumped at me while lying down, I swiftly raised my hand and grasped his throat on air and held him with my utmost power; while he was struggling to free himself, I managed to stand up and used my two hands to held his throat. This boy almost free himself but then I was determined not to leave him until I choke him to death because if I didn't he might get back at me.

While we were dragging, i heard my people shouting water water, then brought a barrel of water and pour it on both us. He then calm down and relaxed. Having observed this, I released him.

He therefore walked around the house quietly as if nothing happened.

My kid sister that witnessed the scenario described it as "wrestling".

No be small thing o, I'm even happy that I was the one involved and not any of the women in the house or my kid brothers.

That's his recent pix.

Quite unfortunate, but that's a proof that the dog has always been the pack leader, or doesn't recognize you as the pack leader.
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by kingzx0(m): 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
This is really serious, had a similar experience but mine was eliminated immediately since it pose as threat to visitors and me. Some beast cannot be tamed

2 Likes

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
kingzx0:
This is really serious, had a similar experience but mine was eliminated immediately since it pose as threat to visitors and me. Some beast cannot be tamed

grin
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by Richybang: 3:47am On Sep 01, 2015
Dogs are like that he was bored inside he wanted to get it out you should have taken it for a little walk from one edge of your gate to the other then take it in to change the collar
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2015
I was bitten twice by our 2 dogs baq when i was home..i beat em alot and that am sure stuck in their heads..was bitten on 2,separate occasions.. Still have d marks of d 2nd bite on my hand till date and thats a 2/almost 3yrs agos bite..

1 Like

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by DaBullIT(m): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
Seun:

You actually said Shit in your post ? grin grin grin grin I get banned for using that word

1 Like

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by barcaboi(m): 7:39am On Sep 05, 2015
gwas:

He wasn't like this, didn't know what came over him yesterday.
mynd is right; he has taken up the Alpha role...little things will make him believe he is....he shd not go out or come in through the gate b4 u no matter what....make him sit b4 u give him food....it takes time but u have 2 stamp some authority

1 Like

Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
barcaboi:
mynd is right; he has taken up the Alpha role...little things will make him believe he is....he shd not go out or come in through the gate b4 u no matter what....make him sit b4 u give him food....it takes time but u have 2 stamp some authority
Thanks bro
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by gwas(m): 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
Richybang:
Dogs are like that he was bored inside he wanted to get it out you should have taken it for a little walk from one edge of your gate to the other then take it in to change the collar

Yeah I've learnt my lesson
Re: My Dog Attacked Me by iameugene(m): 4:41am On Sep 06, 2015
I just dey see alpha.. Una dey watch teen wolf ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Adopt A Dog !! / Pregnant Female Long Coat Chihuahua In Abuja (pics) / I Just Got A Puppyyyyyyy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.