Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light (52261 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Abuja After A Stop Over In London / President Buhari Departs Daura For Abuja After Sallah Celebration. Photos / Work Begins At The Presidential Villa In Abuja After Rats Infestation. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by menxer: 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
For the past 8 years his driver has been beating traffic light without crashing, why now?
Is he a new driver that does not understand VIP security driving? grin

Ps:
The appointment he was rushing to, was it with the hospital emergency unit's doctors? grin
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by tabisegroup(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
What Shall It Profit Thee To Be A Leader But, Can't Lead By Example?? I thank God for his life though..

But, if he tries to go contrary to d rules again, his car will somersault, re-somersault, somersault again, re-somersault & somersault again..
Lol.. U need to "square root" ur grammar grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by mildflame: 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
M4gunners:
I forgive you for your your ignorance. First as a driver when you heard siren weather the traffic lights is green on ur side or not, you have to wait. Go and ask any body that knows about driving very well. Not my Father have Car , am 18 automatically i can drive. If the other drivers had obeyed the siren, they wouldn't have been this accident. We want to be like US,UK and so on but can't imitate simple good things from them.

I pity ur STUPIDITY
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by tabisegroup(m): 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
lekjons:
R.I.P.
grin
grin
grin
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by M4gunners: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
mildflame:

I pity ur STUPIDITY
Ewure instead of you to thank me for lecturing you.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by mildflame: 3:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
M4gunners:
Ewure instead of you to thank me for lecturing you.

I rather listen 2a GOAT than a human that thinks with is ANUS n SHITS with his BRAIN
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by esau0007(m): 4:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
I PRAY HE GETS WELL SOON.FOR THE FACT THAT HE FLOUTED THE TRAFFIC RULE DOESSNT MEAN HE SHOULD DIES.SOME NAIRALANDERS AR SADISTIC,DEMONIC AND IDIOTIC IN NATURE.WA IS BAD IS BAD NO MATA WO IT HAPPENS TO.WE SHOULD LEARN HOW TO SYMPATHIZE WITH OUR FELLOW HUMAN IN THE
TIME OF MISFORTUNE
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by chukel(m): 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
phemmyutd:
Ex- Governor Akpabio hospitalised in Abuja after own car disobeyed traffic light, then crashed
A former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, now Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, escaped death Monday morning after his car got involved in an accident along the Airport Road in Abuja.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that the accident occurred near the Bolingo Junction close to the Ship House, Abuja.

A witness said Mr. Akpabio was moving in a convoy of vehicles towards the City Gate when his vehicle ran into another car.

“My wife and I were coming from the NNPC Mega Station and we stopped at the traffic light by Bolingo Hotel Junction. When the green light showed and we made to move, there was this siren blaring Mercedes Benz jeep that came from the town and almost crashed onto my car. I don’t know how we dodged but another that was behind the jeep hit the car behind me and tumbled on its side.

“I and my wife rushed out of our vehicle and helped the driver bring out his boss. When we brought him out, we found that it was former governor Godswill Akpabio.

“At the time we brought him out, the siren was still blaring. We put him in the other vehicle and he was rushed to the National Hospital.”

The witness said Mr. Akpabio was badly shaken and was in a traumatic condition when he was brought out of the crashed vehicle.

He said the former governor was apparently rushing out of the city when his convoy beat the traffic and crashed.

When PREMIUM TIMES arrived at the National Hospital two hours after Mr. Akpabio was admitted at the hospital, a security official said the former governor was at the National Trauma Center.

The source however noted that Mr. Akpabio was later moved to a private section of the hospital for X-ray and other investigations.

At about 10am, PREMIUM TIMES met with the driver to the former governor, simply called David who confirmed the accident.

Mr. David said his boss was in stable condition but declined to say how the accident happened. He wore a black jeens trouser with a white stripped shirt.

When contacted on the telephone, the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, J. Momoh, said he could not speak on Mr. Akpabio’s case because he has no authorisation from the family.

Mr. Momoh, who argued that it is against medical ethics to speak about a patient in admission, did not however deny that Mr. Akpabio was being admitted in the facility.

“I cannot speak about a patient in admission without getting approval from his family. You should therefore excuse me,” Mr. Momoh said.

When reminded that Mr. Akpabio is a public official and Nigerian Senate Majority Leader and not a quiet family man, Mr. Momoh still insisted he cannot speak on the matter.

At about 12.25p.m. Mr. Akpabio’s predecessor, Governor, Udom Emmanuel, arrived in a three-vehicle convoy, led by a Toyota Jeep, with registration number, Yab 474 BG.

Mr. Udom was driven in a BMW salon car with the number plates covered.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/189297-ex-governor-akpabio-hospitalised-in-abuja-after-own-car-disobeyed-traffic-light-then-crashed.html
at the boldened... I don't understand the type of journalists we have. how can udom be a akpabio's predecessor. Did they not proof read before bringing to the public? The story says he jumped traffic. If that's the case, he got served. Next time he won't feel above the law.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by naughtyboi419(m): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lol did u read @ all grin
lekjons:
R.I.P.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
JayJohnson:

Really? you were almost knocked down while in your car!!??

I should have said....I was almost run into by another car...

I think I need to go back to primary school....
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Phelicx(m): 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
They beat traffic at will even as leaders who are supposed to show example, yet they expect us not to. Only God knows what is always chasing them that they're always in a hurry.
What can I say, but to wish him quick recovery to reap the 'fruits' of the seeds he sowed!
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by ruggedtimi(m): 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
lekjons:
R.I.P.
thats very bad...to pronounce sum1 else dead. No joke.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by awoluyi(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
What a demonstration of lack of basic leadership quality- examplary life style and admirable public conduct! These opportunists (a.k.a Eda o laropin) behave as if Nigeria is their heritage. I almost got killed recently by one government dunderhead driving against one-way. I pray he gets well speedily.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I should have said....I was almost run into by another car...

I think I need to go back to primary school....

We are all learning and we shall continue to learn
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Ndolarr: 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
It is high time a law was made restricting the use of siren! Except in rare cases of emergency and bullion vans cash movement, it should not be a general privilege even to National Assembly members! I wonder what the state governor is doing in Abuja on Monday morning! These governors are supposed to stay in their states and govern purposefully and not gallivanting around Abuja wasting money! This country self!
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by christinie(f): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
What these kids don't know is that cars with siren are not supposed to observe traffic lights for security reasons. These people are in power and can't risk waiting at the traffic light as anything can happen. If you like doubt me, if you like do proper research. Bye.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
christinie:
Mechie onu gi. Eze gworo. Osi na azu owerre ba nne ya afo. Nwa landlord. Mkpi.
Nawa oh! Biko onye kpasuru omalicha nwanyi a iwe, emekwala ya ubochi ozo. Nnee m! Biko, ewezina oga-adi mma oh.. Pele oh
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by christinie(f): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lol can you imagine someone wishing another death? Ezigbo onye anuruma.
BeeBeeOoh:
Nawa oh! Biko onye kpasuru omalicha nwanyi a iwe, emekwala ya ubochi ozo. Nnee m! Biko, ewezina oga-adi mma oh.. Pele oh
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by crackhouse(m): 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
This story fake no be small.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by alstacs(m): 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

There is a good private orthopaedic hospital in Abuja called Cedarcrest that can treat him well.

That is where the Kogi governor went to when he had an accident over a year ago.

Didn't he transform Uyo into a world class city? didn't he build and commission an international hospital in his state? He should be referred to Uyo with immediate effect!
Please, I am getting worried by the use of the JEEP by professional journalists and writers.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by predatorX: 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
mildflame:

See dis REPTILE is he suppose 2use SIREN

lolzzzzzz!!!! He's a true Reptile grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHo told the donkey that sirens are for public and regular use. Hear him bragging about driving rules toooo undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by mildflame: 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
predatorX:

lolzzzzzz!!!! He's a true Reptile grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHo told the donkey that sirens are for public and regular use. Hear him bragging about driving rules toooo undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided[color=#770077][/color]

Abeg no mind am na there type de drink OGOGORO n at d same time de drive, ordinary SIREN usage he knows not.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by mildflame: 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
esau0007:
I PRAY HE GETS WELL SOON.FOR THE FACT THAT HE FLOUTED THE TRAFFIC RULE DOESSNT MEAN HE SHOULD DIES.SOME NAIRALANDERS AR SADISTIC,DEMONIC AND IDIOTIC IN NATURE.WA IS BAD IS BAD NO MATA WO IT HAPPENS TO.WE SHOULD LEARN HOW TO SYMPATHIZE WITH OUR FELLOW HUMAN IN THE
TIME OF MISFORTUNE

Oh my GOOD brother if U truly know Akpabio U will wish him INSTANT DEATH. Dis man killed a man n lock up his son for more than 14months until d National Human Right Commission saved him. AKPABIO na DEMON
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Eazydeek(m): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
omogin:
Probe haliburton case and leave Akpabio alone, Fulani warrior lol

And they will probe GEJ's administration too
Agreed ?
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Eazydeek(m): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
When be burial abeg
Make we con chop akpu
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by shine96: 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
Our leaders should lead by example. He for de mortuary now to go answer to him God. Mumu human beings
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by mechanics(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
Dat serves him right, next time he wont by pass d traffic.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by millionboi(m): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
lekjons:
R.I.P.
u wicked ooo
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by billyG(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
Why are pdp politicians so lawless,dey refused 2 embrace d wind of change,Blaring siren & disobeying traffic light shld be 3 yrs imprisonment,Apc govt can use him as a scape Goat if dey want.
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by omuda: 10:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
phemmyutd:
Ex- Governor Akpabio hospitalised in Abuja after own car disobeyed traffic light, then crashed
A former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, now Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, escaped death Monday morning after his car got involved in an accident along the Airport Road in Abuja.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that the accident occurred near the Bolingo Junction close to the Ship House, Abuja.

A witness said Mr. Akpabio was moving in a convoy of vehicles towards the City Gate when his vehicle ran into another car.

“My wife and I were coming from the NNPC Mega Station and we stopped at the traffic light by Bolingo Hotel Junction. When the green light showed and we made to move, there was this siren blaring Mercedes Benz jeep that came from the town and almost crashed onto my car. I don’t know how we dodged but another that was behind the jeep hit the car behind me and tumbled on its side.

“I and my wife rushed out of our vehicle and helped the driver bring out his boss. When we brought him out, we found that it was former governor Godswill Akpabio.

“At the time we brought him out, the siren was still blaring. We put him in the other vehicle and he was rushed to the National Hospital.”

The witness said Mr. Akpabio was badly shaken and was in a traumatic condition when he was brought out of the crashed vehicle.

He said the former governor was apparently rushing out of the city when his convoy beat the traffic and crashed.

When PREMIUM TIMES arrived at the National Hospital two hours after Mr. Akpabio was admitted at the hospital, a security official said the former governor was at the National Trauma Center.

The source however noted that Mr. Akpabio was later moved to a private section of the hospital for X-ray and other investigations.

At about 10am, PREMIUM TIMES met with the driver to the former governor, simply called David who confirmed the accident.

Mr. David said his boss was in stable condition but declined to say how the accident happened. He wore a black jeens trouser with a white stripped shirt.

When contacted on the telephone, the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, J. Momoh, said he could not speak on Mr. Akpabio’s case because he has no authorisation from the family.

Mr. Momoh, who argued that it is against medical ethics to speak about a patient in admission, did not however deny that Mr. Akpabio was being admitted in the facility.

“I cannot speak about a patient in admission without getting approval from his family. You should therefore excuse me,” Mr. Momoh said.

When reminded that Mr. Akpabio is a public official and Nigerian Senate Majority Leader and not a quiet family man, Mr. Momoh still insisted he cannot speak on the matter.

At about 12.25p.m. Mr. Akpabio’s predecessor, Governor, Udom Emmanuel, arrived in a three-vehicle convoy, led by a Toyota Jeep, with registration number, Yab 474 BG.

Mr. Udom was driven in a BMW salon car with the number plates covered.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/189297-ex-governor-akpabio-hospitalised-in-abuja-after-own-car-disobeyed-traffic-light-then-crashed.html
pls get well soon. But, think safety first sir.its not how early but how well
Re: Akpabio Hospitalised In Abuja After Own Car Disobeyed Traffic Light by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 01, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
What Shall It Profit Thee To Be A Leader But, Can't Lead By Example?? I thank God for his life though..

But, if he tries to go contrary to d rules again, his car will somersault, re-somersault, somersault again, re-somersault & somersault again..
dnt be so quick to judge bro, delay judgement sometimes. Everyone in abuja today will testify to the fact that traffic light in the city malfunctioned today. Dnt knww if dis is a deliberate act to discreet the former administration or just system failure. There was huge traffic wahala today inside abuja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Nigeria's President-Elect's Convoy (Photo) / Senator Ahmad Babba Kaita Booed, Chased Away From Wedding In Katsina / How Nigerian Army Handed Chinwetalu Agu Over To DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.