Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

7 Pounds Revisited - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 7 Pounds Revisited (1658 Views)

Gambian President Sinks 300,000 Pounds In Nollywood / The Movie : Seven Pounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Pounds Revisited by AloyEmeka9: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2009
To all those that said Will Smith's 7 pounds movie is crap, I wonder what your fantasies are. Y'all nearly made me lose interest in the movie. I saw that movie yesterday and it was superb, a chilling story but well delivered. Do watch it again and if you didn't enjoy it, I'll refund all you spent watching it again. Good job Will. wink wink
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by Seun(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2009
It's crap, but the lady was a very good actress. Will Smith's constant scowling didn't impress me.
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2009
LMAO! Crappy movie. Even crappier acting by Will.
Wouldn't even wish my enemy to watch the movie cheesy
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by AloyEmeka9: 6:58pm On Apr 01, 2009
Well, to each on his own. I did enjoy that movie more than the so called slumdog millionaire.
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by JeSoul(f): 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Well, to each on his own. I did enjoy that movie more than the so called slumdog millionaire.

shocked shocked anyways different strokes for different folks undecided

Crappy is a good way to describe the movie. I painfully stayed till the end and watched the whole thing at the movies . . . I hissed so many times during and after it angry talk about weak and flat. If only I could get a refund for my $10 and 2:30 hours wasted tongue

iice:

LMAO! Crappy movie. Even crappier acting by Will.
Wouldn't even wish my enemy to watch the movie cheesy

cheesy lol
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 10:06am On Apr 02, 2009
JeSoul:

shocked shocked anyways different strokes for different folks undecided

Crappy is a good way to describe the movie. I painfully stayed till the end and watched the whole thing at the movies . . . I hissed so many times during and after it angry talk about weak and flat. If only I could get a refund for my $10 and 2:30 hours wasted tongue
cheesy lol

For real ooo. Thankfully i only watched mine online but mehn i kept thinking, it may get better after 5 mins, or it couldn't possibly get worse angry This movie made me questioned Will's acting. Simply dreadful, it was like someone acting in his 2nd movie. It was one of my worse movies last year (I watched Che the same day and it was only slightly better than this movie angry - i have a bone to pick with Soderbergh)
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by candylips(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2009
This movie wasn't that bad for me. although his acting was not as good as in pursuit of happiness
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by AloyEmeka9: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2009
This movie wasn't that bad for me. although his acting was not as good as in pursuit of happiness
I bow for these people here o.
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by AloyEmeka9: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
For real ooo. Thankfully i only watched mine online but mehn i kept thinking, it may get better after 5 mins, or it couldn't possibly get worse This movie made me questioned Will's acting. Simply dreadful, it was like someone acting in his 2nd movie. It was one of my worse movies last year (I watched Che the same day and it was only slightly better than this movie - i have a bone to pick with Soderbergh)
Na all these free watchers go yab your movies like no other. You no even pay watcham? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 4:33am On Apr 03, 2009
I resemble pesin wey dey do mistake like that? cheesy

I only watch worthy movies on the big screen. Movies worth my money cheesy
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by AloyEmeka9: 9:13am On Apr 03, 2009
I resemble pesin wey dey do mistake like that?

I only watch worthy movies on the big screen. Movies worth my money
cheapskate. cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 10:35am On Apr 03, 2009
Proudly grin
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by JeSoul(f): 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2009
lol . . . grin grin grin
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by bishoptboy(m): 2:05pm On Apr 05, 2009
I decided not to comment on this page cos I only saw it once and i felt it wasnt that bad. I cant really analyse it well cos i saw it once but, instead of just saying its crappy, its bad, why not analyse it and tell us reasons why you think its bad. I remember i like the fact that i wasnt spoonfed the whole movie. i felt will's acting convinced me. cos of the subtility in the way he conveyed his character.
ok lets just take it bit by bit. what do you think of
1. Acting (tell us why you think it was bad)
2. storyline and plots
3. camera and editing
etc.

why i'm doing this is because i feel the guys in this tread know something about film. I'm not talking to die hard nollywood fans here.
later!
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by candylips(m): 9:48am On Apr 06, 2009
Yea am surprised that people are saying the movie is crap without telling us exactly what was crappy about the moview
I am normally a movie critic myself but i thought this movie was ok. Not great but not bad either
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by candylips(m): 9:51am On Apr 06, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I bow for these people here o.

na who u dey bow for
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2009
Candylips, who you dey call dimwit angry grin

bishoptboy:

I decided not to comment on this page cos I only saw it once and i felt it wasnt that bad. I cant really analyse it well cos i saw it once but, instead of just saying its crappy, its bad, why not analyse it and tell us reasons why you think its bad. I remember i like the fact that i wasnt spoonfed the whole movie. i felt will's acting convinced me. cos of the subtility in the way he conveyed his character.
ok lets just take it bit by bit. what do you think  of
2. storyline and plots
3. camera and editing
etc.

why i'm doing this is because i feel the guys in this tread know something about film. I'm not talking to die hard nollywood fans here.
later!

Acting is stilted and forced.  Not until half way did he relax and be an actor as opposed to someone just reciting lines. Not even a good performance when i know he is capable of so much more angry

Sorry, but i find the storyline pretentious and patronizing.  A lot of people are not going to be sacrificing themselves out of their own good hearts grin They either do it, because they know people will go 'awww, what a good man', 'he did a great job' etc.  Or they do it because of guilt which sometimes is just misplaced.  Many people are easily brain-washed.  Who better than the ultimate good guy to show us the errors of our ways rofl. But of course his stealing of identity and scaring and badgering people is besides the point, the point is that out of his goodness, he saved lives cheesy And of course, he has to have one happy moment before laying us with his generosity grin Wonder what other people will do in their 'attempt to make amends'? undecided
The movie was too heavy, it's a struggle not to fall asleep during the first part especially. I was only fascinated by the jellyfish.

Nothing spectacular.  It could be any other just there movie.  They could have tied some of the water scenes to the 'lowness' he felt - An end or if you will freedom.  The movie gave away too much too soon, you know right near the beginning what the whole story is about. Subtlety would have gone a long way in keeping one interested to know where his extreme behaviour is taking him and us the audience. 
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by JeSoul(f): 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2009
bishoptboy:

ok lets just take it bit by bit. what do you think of
2. storyline and plots
3. camera and editing

etc.

later!

Everything iice said X2  smiley  . . . and my own 2 shillings:

1. The acting and scene placements were sketchy & disjointed. It looked like the editor took the filmed scenes and loosely slapped them together on his lunch break. Imagine a man with a broken leg trying to walk & run without crutches, that's how I felt the movie was 'progressing' the whole time.

2. I absolutely HATED not 'knowing' what the hell was 'going on' until the end. I know suspense is good but when you give your audience no real and solid information to hold their intrest you lose them. The only reason I didn't walk out is I hoped it would get better and I hate to waste 10 bucks.

3. Camera and editing: see point 1.

If I had watched it on dvd I would prob not be so harsh, but the fact that I spent $10 and 2 hours on it only aggravates me further  angry
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by Ibime(m): 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2009
What do you guys mean the movie is crap? 

Abegi, I prefer Will Smith in these heart-rending roles to his action roles.

Rubbish pundits nearly made me believe the film was crap as well.

WTH is Slumdog Millionaire? I wouldn't watch that film if you paid me.

Best films I seen this year are 7 Pounds, Valkyrie & The curious case of Benjamin Button.
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by DeReloaded: 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2009
Why do people keep mentioning SM like anyone cares if they watch it or not?
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by JeSoul(f): 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2009
Ibime:

What do you guys mean the movie is crap?  

Abegi, I prefer Will Smith in these heart-rending roles to his action roles.

Rubbish pundits nearly made me believe the film was crap as well.

WTH is Slumdog Millionaire? I wouldn't watch that film if you paid me.
 That was exactly what I said before I watched it and I was pleasantly suprised. It deserved every one of those oscars it got. How can you smack on a movie you haven't watched?  

Best films I seen this year are 7 Pounds, Valkyrie & The curious case of Benjamin Button.
  I think you need to watch more movies  grin  cool
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2009
DeReloaded:

Why do people keep mentioning SM like anyone cares if they watch it or not?

LMAO i tire ooo.

Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by bishoptboy(m): 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2009
I like the way this discussion is going. smiley
iice i felt he did the sacrifice out of guilt of causing the death of others. I also felt their aim was to make something patronizing. they set out to make a heavy movie. the guy directed pursuit of happiness and he i guess he likes movies like that. thats just my own thought. I'm not saying its the best of movies but i think what i saw wasnt that bad. the director must have watched too many indian films  grin. i agree with you that it was patronising but maybe that was their target. i will like to read the director's thought on the film.

jesoul i like the fact that he never gave a clue of what happened. that was what got me cos i love to figure out a film from the beginning and they got my attention when i couldnt figure it out. i am a fan of film that doesnt go chronological and keeps me guessing. hey man you paid $10 for a film thats somehow expensive cos i paid equivalent of $1.2

anyway its not the best of film but not bad also.

guys do you feel their was a connection with christian bale's the machinist
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2009
Please dont compare any of Will Smith's garbage to that of Christian Bale

The Machinist is a good movie.
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2009
I doubt it was meant to be patronizing.
Don't tell me a lot of people don't feel empathy for that character undecided  Talk about Messiah complex rolls eyes
Personally it's one of the worse movies last years and definitely Will's weakest work.  

Pursuit of happiness is totally totally different.
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by bishoptboy(m): 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2009
I'm not comparing i said there werre some elements of the machinist in 7 pounds.
1. look at will smith. he was leaner that the guy in hancock.
2. christian bale character ran over a kid and that hunts him and the same with will's character
3. both and the end felt the peace they longed for
4. both story weren't told chronologically

i feel they borrowed some things from the machinist.

i agree with you that he was a kind of massiah character which doesnt work for us all, myself inclusive. but lets also think about this. the movie isnt made for us only. i aways say this even though i believe nollywood is crap i still feel they are doing something right and that is the fact that they are servicing some audience out there. so even if we dont respect the film some people do. for me its not crappy but not the best of film.
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2009
And just because those movies cater to some audience, we cannot say it's crappy?
Yeah they do service an audience. Thank goodness am not in that audience.
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iReport: 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2009
Nairaland killed this movie for me. I never cared to see it anyway. undecided

Read more reviews at rotten tomatoes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/seven_pounds/#contentReviews
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by bishoptboy(m): 10:13am On Apr 07, 2009
I am a film maker also and what i have learnt is that you cannot satisfy all audience. you should just know who you want to cater for. take for example Tyler Perry, this guy doesnt cater for the serious movie wathcer. he know his audience and they love his film. I respect the guy but i prefer to watch his stage drama cos i dont really fancy his film cos they are not my kind of film. his films are somekind of a fairy tale to me. but never the less i respect him and i'm one of his fan.

I once told my lecturer-who is a film critic that i dont want to make art films i want to make the cheesy kind of film but with a strong message just like Tyler Perry does cos my audience are not the film critics but an average movie goer. I will like to make films like Night at a Museum and not Requiem for a dream which most of my classmates love.

what i'm just simply saying is that know your audience as a film maker and cater for them. i checked rotten tomatoes and it the comment was mixed, some love it and some dont.

this is just my own view on film making. everybody will not like 7 pounds just like everbody will not like slumdog millionaire. but this is what i belive some movies are generally accepted to be good and some are generally accepted to be bad. i think 7 pounds is in between. cheers
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2009
Do i come off like i only like serious movies? There are like you said, good movies and bad movies. I range from good to bad. Although there are some genres, actors and some directors (Uwe Boll) i stay away from grin
We all have our opinions of the movie.
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by justkunmi(m): 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2009
i saw this movie a day before xmas last year, i came here and said it was crap, and people were like "shut up".
so i tot i was wrong, saw it again, and i felt even worse. . .

the movie was loudly calling for a pity party. it was obviously crying out to the Academy for awards. u know the sort of sober and sad movie the oscars likes to reward. And i was soooo glad it didnt even get a nomination.
the plan was, get a story that wouldmake people cry, then you are good!!. but hey. it didnt work!. cheesy

Just coming off Pursuit of Happyness, a sober movie, that won some hearts over, came I Am Legend., another sober flick. Now this.
from Will alone? That alone out me off the movie already.

then the story itself,
the guilt part was understandable, but the switching identities stuff wasnt really sensible.
and his acting was wayyyy off.

and the ending was,  OMG!! crap.  the blind guy just had to meet the girl,  and ofcourse they knew eachother abi?!!!!
the only good part of the movie was when he was carrying the fish tank up to the motel room and he attendant was sooo shocked. he asked,  how long will you be staying? , til i die, he said.  grin grin  (or smthng like that)lol
Re: 7 Pounds Revisited by iice(f): 3:07pm On Apr 07, 2009
shocked You actually went back and put yourself through it cheesy

I'd rather jump in the tub with the Jellyfish grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Romantic Movies / Lcd/led Dtv With Scrambled Channels / Omotola Jalade Acts As Akon’s Wife In American TV Series (video & Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.