Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? (3081 Views)

8 Of The Most Luxurious Cars In The World / 5 Brand New Peugeot Cars In Nigeria And Their Prices / Drunk Driver Crashes Employer's Mercedes-benz SUV Into 4 Parked Cars In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by patlead: 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
I have noticed that the average Nigerian car wash only just washes people's car, they do not wax it for better result.

what is responsible for this?

is it the fee people pay for the service, the cost of buying car waxes or just damn right ignorance? or is is that i go to the wrong car wash centres

If i want to wax, i will have to DIY.......omo its tasking.
Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by billy187(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
Haha..good question-its the same here in Ghana! I took my car for a wash quite a while ago and asked for a wax. The fellow, after musing on what the hell I meant, picked up a bucket of soapy water and looked at me, expecting some sort of '''aha, ya.''' After the wash, I took my car back home: defeated.

I used to wax my old car, a Suburban- till I could see my hideous face looking back at me through the metal work grin. That was a almost a day's worth of muscle straining work, considering the sheer size of the truck. But I just cant make myself polish my much tinier present car. Laziness, abi?
Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by patlead: 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
billy187:
Haha..good question-its the same here in Ghana! I took my car for a wash quite a while ago and asked for a wax. The fellow, after musing on what the hell I meant, picked up a bucket of soapy water and looked at me, expecting some sort of '''aha, ya.''' After the wash, I took my car back home: defeated.

I used to wax my old car, a Suburban- till I could see my hideous face looking back at me through the metal work grin. That was a almost a day's worth of muscle straining work, considering the sheer size of the truck. But I just cant make myself polish my much tinier present car. Laziness, abi?

i feel your pain bro......laziness, hell yeah!
Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by vani86: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
I doubt any car wash actually wax in naija. Where can i buy wax from?
Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by inze(m): 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
. . . i took the time and got mine done recently, now i understand why its not part of the service offered by a regular car wash
Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by patlead: 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
inze:
. . . i took the time and got mine done recently, now i understand why its not part of the service offered by a regular car wash

yea, got mine done too...its really tasking.

if you dont have the time and patience....dont do it yourself
Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by abatically(m): 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
I don't see the need here. I mean u spend a lot of time waxing ur car and then try to drive out and it starts raining. U drive through puddle and mud coupled with all the dust. By the time u get back home ur car is already a mess. Abroad I can have my car unwashed for up to 2 weeks and it will remain shining, but here u need to each ur cars everyday.

Same reason it is useless using rug car mats. Sometimes ago I got myself an expensive rug mats for my car shipped from Dubai. After a few weeks of using it I was forced to cover it with rubber mats. Can u imagine a cheap rubber mat laid on top of expensive rugs.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by patlead: 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
abatically:
I don't see the need here. I mean u spend a lot of time waxing ur car and then try to drive out and it starts raining. U drive through puddle and mud coupled with all the dust. By the time u get back home ur car is already a mess. Abroad I can have my car unwashed for up to 2 weeks and it will remain shining, but here u need to each ur cars everyday.
well...you are correct.However,do not forget that waxing a car is not for the looks but also to keep your paint as original as it was bought.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by kayswag100(m): 6:53am On Sep 25, 2015
patlead:
I have noticed that the average Nigerian car wash only just washes people's car, they do not wax it for better result.

what is responsible for this?

is it the fee people pay for the service, the cost of buying car waxes or just damn right ignorance? or is is that i go to the wrong car wash centres

If i want to wax, i will have to DIY.......omo its tasking.

I had to buy Car Wax for 950 as my regular car wash guy didn't have same.

Since I now own mine, I take it along whenever I visit a car wash. The results are UNBELIEVABLE!

My red car seemed brand new; even after rain beat it. The wax seems to have water proof quality as water just bounces of it and dries.

DIY is quite tedious!

2 Likes

Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by patlead: 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
kayswag100:

I had to buy Car Wax for 950 as my regular car wash guy didn't have same.

Since I now own mine, I take it along whenever I visit a car wash. The results are UNBELIEVABLE!

My red car seemed brand new; even after rain beat it. The wax seems to have water proof quality as water just bounces of it and dries.

DIY is quite tedious!
did you pay the dude some extra cash to do the job or is it same cost as washin?

what brand of wax did u buy? i use the abro
Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by Originalsly: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
Waxing is good....dirt doesn't get to the paint and can easily be wiped off with a wet towel since it doesn't stick well to the wax.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont We Wax Our Cars In Nigeria? by kayswag100(m): 10:04am On Sep 27, 2015
patlead:
did you pay the dude some extra cash to do the job or is it same cost as washin?

what brand of wax did u buy? i use the abro

Use Abro too.

The attendant didn't collect extra cash. They felt they were doing me a favour

(1) (Reply)

Quick Way To Learn To Drive An Automatic Car / Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother / Injectors Cleaning Demystified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.