Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times (2084 Views)

I Wrote UTME 7 Times – LASU Best Graduating Student / Meet First Class Graduate Of OAU And 7 Times ICAN Prize Winner – / Nigerian Man Who Wrote JAMB 7 Times Tells His Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by teewhydope(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
Frane Selak (born 1929) is a Croatian music teacher who has escaped death seven times, and afterward won the lottery in 2003, prompting journalists to dub him "the world's luckiest man", and "world's luckiest unluckiest man".

Brushes with death
Selak's supposed brushes with death started in January 1962 when he was riding a train through a cold, rainy canyon and the train flipped off the tracks and crashed in a river. Someone pulled Selak to safety, while 17 other passengers drowned. Selak suffered a broken arm and hypothermia.The next year, during his first and only plane ride, he was blown out of a malfunctioning plane door and landed in a haystack; the plane crashed, killing 19 people. However, there is no report of any plane crash in Croatia in 1963.Three years after that, in 1966, a bus that he was riding skidded off the road and into a river, drowning four passengers. Selak swam to shore with a few cuts and bruises.

In 1968 Selak was teaching his youngest son how to hold a gun when the safety trigger was accidentally off and Selak managed to shoot himself in one of his testicles. He was taken to hospital where the casing from the bullet was found, and his testicle had to be removed.

In 1970 his car caught fire as he was driving and he managed to escape before the fuel tank blew up. Three years later, in another driving incident, the engine of his car was doused with hot oil from a malfunctioning fuel pump, causing flames to shoot through the air vents. Selak's hair was completely singed in this incident, but he was otherwise unharmed. In 1995, he was struck by a bus in Zagreb, but sustained only minor injuries. In 1996 he eluded a head-on collision with a United Nations truck on a mountain curve by swerving into a guardrail, which gave way under the force of his car; he was ejected from the car when the door flew open (he wasn't wearing a seatbelt) and watched his car plummet down 90 metres (300 ft) into a gorge.

Lottery winner
In 2003, two days after his 73rd birthday, Selak won €800,000 (US$1,110,000) in the lottery. At the time of his win, he also married for the fifth time. While he purchased two houses and a boat with his winnings, in 2010 he decided to give most of the remaining money away to relatives and friends after deciding to live a frugal lifestyle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frane_Selak

1 Like

Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by kinibigdeal(m): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ok
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by majamajic(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ok
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by AngryNigerian(m): 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
oh,wat a life intrestn...
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
What's new here? Our own OBJ(ebora of Owu) cheated death more than seven times.
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by Khd95(m): 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
If he was a Nigerian people would suggest he's an occult,sacrificing people to stay alive sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nigeria go say WITCH
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by purest21(m): 12:55am On Sep 01, 2015
d
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 01, 2015
oh boy....he enjoyed the grace of God.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by jaybee104(m): 3:31am On Sep 01, 2015
xo lucky.
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by Adatob(m): 4:09am On Sep 01, 2015
K
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by martyns303(m): 6:47am On Sep 01, 2015
He should be on the tv show, "I shouldn't be alive"
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by Savigne(f): 8:33am On Sep 01, 2015
Wow..Lucky fellow indeed,if na Nigeria we for don dey weave theories upon theories.
Na groundnut oil dey this one head nor be Kernel pomade..
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by SPG4U(m): 8:37am On Sep 01, 2015
I will never ride in d same automobile with this man I swear

1 Like

Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:13am On Sep 01, 2015
Like our Goodluck Jonathan who nobody will ever want him as vice or deputy I believe nobody who knows this man story will agree to ride with him
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by steph2sweet(f): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
Some people are just blessed with long life
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by smileyz16(m): 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
uhnnnn...popcorn
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by hulkhiharitoz(m): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by MsTIQ(m): 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
He didn't cheat death, oo, it just wasn't his time, no-one cheats death
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by calculator123(m): 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
diz one own pass obj ooo. 7 times u betta thank God if nt .....
Re: Meet The World's Luckiest Man Who Cheated Death 7 Times by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
SPG4U:
I will never ride in d same automobile with this man I swear

EVILFOREST:
Nigeria go say WITCH

What if he was really a wizard in an occult group

(1) (Reply)

Physics Students Pls Help With This Simple Ss1 Assingment.its Urgent / Breathtaking Pictures From The 13th Convocation Of UNIZIK Awka / My CGPA is giving me depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.