Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,876 members, 7,844,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student (20122 Views)

"Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User / Jonathan Reacts To Attack On Orlando Gay Nightclub / Militants Threaten To Attack Niger-Delta Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by mosky47: 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
New Mile One Hospital is one of a kind. The owner is a seasoned Christian whose career is more like a calling. The health sector actually needs reviving, just like most other sectors in this country.
The populace should join the doctors and health workers to make this a reality. Let's not wait for the politicians.

OTENABOBC1:
She's the third girl this year,the 1st 300 Level student stayed next to my hostel,the 2nd a 300 level former vice president Imo state students association uniport(few weeks ago),and now this.
I want to Emphasise that....
The best time to protest is while the student is still alive in the hospital, as that will force the medical staff to give immediate attention to the patient, not protesting when the patient is already gone. Earlier this year I and my room mates would have lost one of our dear room mate who is in his 300 level and happened to be the only son to his aged parents,if not for God who gave us the grace to rush him to a private hospital with the aid of the school clinic nurse in their ambulance, though we spent a lot about N300k(after subsidy) but to be frank the hospital [b](New Mile One Hospital) [/b]accepted,operated(of severe peptic ulcer which perforated his intestines) and treated him without even an advanced payment(the only thing we paid for instantly was 15k for blood) when we pleaded that we had no money at hand but expecting a fund transfer from his parents which arrived a week later and by then he had recovered beyond average of which the chief surgeon who was a consultant in UPTH told us that if we hadn't rushed him down to the private hospital(where he was operated in not less than 2 hours of our arrival) we would have lost him to protocols at the teaching hospital which would've taken hours to accomplish, thank God we still have a hospital in this nation(Especially in PH) that cares about one's health than his wealth.
So all I'm saying is this... students should be able to create awareness while the patient is still alive not providing medicine after death or better still rush the patient to a good private hospitals not withstanding the scale of bills as parent will surely find a way to settle the later, as the Life of their child is far more precious (Even if them no get money them go get place to borrow) .
Greatest Unique Nigerian Students...
Greatest GboGbo...
Greatest GbaGba...
OverConscious Kpoin...
Aluta Continua..!
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by InvertedHammer: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Kinfunfun22:

You people will not kill someborry with laughter on here!! AED? WTF!!! For someone that passed out while bleeding?? I won't bother saying much because it's glaring you know NOTHING about Medicine. But let me tell you what a wise man one said "he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not but thinks he knows is a fo.ol, ignore him".

And if you're one of those quacks that are not qualified as doctors but treat patients wrongly and detrimentally as doctors, giving hardworking doctors a bad name, your day of reckoning is very near. You can't escape.
/
See how ignorant you are.

If you are resuscitating her and she presents with shockable rhythm e.g.. V-fib. what will you do? Now I understand why rich folks would rather fly out than patronize you undertakers masquerading as doctors. I am still in shock at the level of ignorance I am seeing among you Nigerian quacks just from this case. I can tell from your submission that you have no slightest idea what AED is and how it works. You don't have to admit it. It is very glaring.

I have an AED at home and you are telling me hospitals cannot afford it. You will rather buy a fancy car to look good than invest about $3000 on an equipment that will help you do your jobs competently. Oh! You want to lecture me about medical practice? Bring it on. Forget all the fancy medical terminologies which most of you like the OP use to massage your ego. Bring it down in a way that regular folks will understand and protect themselves. If you want a show off career, go into acting.
/

1 Like

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by dalass(f): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=centje post=37556485]My dear, a lot of time I get infuriated with unnecessary protocols in our system, including healthcare system. We just have this mindset of creating difficult system for ourselves.

Why would we have data collection for voters card, data collection for national ID, data collection for drivers licence, data for sim card, yet we can't have a national data of who is nigerian?
You want to get you your certificate, which you've suffered for, for 4-6 years, you're made to pay exorbitantly, you want a transcript from your University, you're made to pay heavily.
A civil servant works and the state government denies him his due salary, yet allocation for the salary came into the state. A elder citizen works all his life and retires, you refuse to pay him his gratuity and pension, while moving around for his money, he collapses and dies, a Nigerian life lost, it appears on news, we say RIP, while politicians keep speaking grammar for
Corruption everywhere! Lord av mercy!
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by ozodigboo(m): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
You are not making any sense. The most important thing in this story is that the victim was rushed to a medical facility. As a trained personnel, whether they have beds or not is a non issue. The first response would had been to initiate Advanced cardiac life support using medications, Iv infusion and AED if necessary. Once the patient is stabilized, then she would be transferred to another facility. Common sense is not common among you quacks parading as medical personnel in Nigeria.

UPTH A/E denied the lady the right to live.
All the running around with a patient who deserved emergency medical attention is callous. It is sad how you people get away with murder by negligence.

With your mindset, you should not be allowed 100meters near a patient.

You are writing rub*ish.
You see, the problem with some of our colleagues, is that many years of practising medicine abroad, has left them completely detached from the problems of practising in Black Africa.
Detached from the challenges of practising medicine in a corrupt Nigeria, where nothing works.
How dare u say he shouldn't be allowed near a patient ?
I agree the casualty staff should have done more.....but every hospital has a policy, peculiar to it.
If the policy says '' don't lie a patient on the floor, don't operate until u are ready.....etc'', if u flout the order, u are sacked.
I don't blame u......u may not have ever operated with a candle.......u may never have worked for 3 straight months, without being paid.....u may never have worked with patient's relatives surrounding you, even in the ward, with knives in their clothes...
American doctor.
/
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by jpphilips(m): 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
AdaNri1:
Very intersting analysis. RIP to the victim.

Op I think the word is deceased

Auto correct
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by jpphilips(m): 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
centje:
To the living, Death is a painful part of our life. It becomes more painful when it occurs at young age and from a preventable cause. To the diseased student, may her soul rest in peace, Amen!

I really pity the girl, her friends and family, most likely she died out of our poor system. That's a glaring truth!

However, there's a chronic problem among Nigerians, which is, we tend to be carried away by sentiments, no room for critical analysis to prevent such occurrence in future, as we continue to live.

Let's analyse what led to the death of this female student and the actions of her sympathisers afterwards..

From the story flying around, both first hand and news outlets, the student collapsed while taking her bath [ think!... her friends or neighbours, or hostel mates would only notice she has collapsed after a long stay in the bathroom, unless she was taking the bath with another person, so she must have collapsed in the bath room long before it was discovered ]. She was said to have started bleeding Vaginally. She was then rushed to the UPTH ( University of Portharcourt Teaching Hospital) Accident and Emergency (A/E) Unit, where she was told by a nurse that there was no bed space in the A/E unit. She was taken to a private Hospital, but her friends was unaware she died while in transit, so she was certified Dead on Arrival (DOA) at the private hospital. The private hospital, to avoid 'trouble', then referred them back to UPTH where she was taken to morgue. Friends of the diseased student then instigated other students and protest began, and attack was targeted at UPTH, and its staff, especially those at A/E unit. The East west Road(A federal road) was also blocked.

Let's also clarify something about the student. I have worked in a University Medical Centre, and I knew how Theatre Art students were rushed to A/E unit. Then, 5 out of 10 admission in A/E unit were theatre Art students. Why was it so? Reason: They do a lot of rehearsals, very stressful rehearsal, almost 24 hours in most days of the week. What if she has been ill for sometime but didn't seek care?

Now, let's critically look at this student's death. What are the possible causes of her death? We are limited here because we need some basic medical information from her friends, but from the history of vaginal bleeding as a young girl of reproductive age, what comes to mind is Ruptured Ectopic pregnancy, severe Anaemia from menstrual loss, Miscarriage, illegal Abortion ( illegal in Nigeria) and other gynaecological cause of Vaginal bleeding. Other common possibilities include severe malaria ( severe Anaemia ), hypoglycaemia( low blood sugar ) ...

As I write the Hospital is planning for Autopsy on the Diseased student. So findings will be out soon.

Now, What are the problems that eventually led to her death?

First, if she was pregnant, then her Boyfriend should be ready to answer some queries from her parents and investigating team. Did they attempt Abortion? Was it ectopic pregnancy? Pregnancy would have been prevented by simple condom, but most girls dislike condom, yet they have little knowledge on how to monitor their ovulation or use of contraceptive.

Secondly, Theatre Art department need to review the inhumane activities these students pass through as theatre Art students, sometimes they are made to rehearse under the rain, when some of them are asthmatic.

Thirdly, how equipped is their University Medical Centre? Are money not allocated for their medical centre? 'Uniport wasn't born last night', it's an old university. Their medical centre should be able to handle cases like this, unless her friends are hiding something which will spread in the school if they had taken her to their medical centre. Like I said earlier I have worked in a University Medical Centre, I know how students behave in relation to medical treatment. While I worked there I gave serial complaints about setting up a theatre to handle minor surgeries. I was happy the university responded fast, and before I left they were already performing appendicectomy and other surgeries. Can that be said of Uniport medical centre? Who is to blame if it is not equipped? Is the the doctor or the nurse or the Government?

State of of our healthcare system, especially teaching/ tertiary Hospitals. I have also worked in a teaching hospital, a very busy one. It gets so busy that we stop taking in patient into A/E, into the wards. Laboratory results are queued and takes average of 2days to get a lab result, you can now imagine how long it takes to make definitive diagnosis for a patient in critical condition in A/E. You just can't do anything when the teaching hospital capacity is saturated. The worst is the troubles of accessing blood to save an traumatised patient, most time doctors go to lab to beg....not really the fault of the lab scientists per say but the replacement system is poor. Once the patient gets well he refuses to replace the blood used in saving him/her.
Who's fault is it that we have a poor system? The doctor? The nurse? The pharmacist? The lab scientists? The government? The populace?

Poor design of health care network. In countries with good health care network, both hospital (private and government owned hospitals) and state ambulances ( can be bus, van or helicopter ), have a short code one can easily dial in cases of emergency and the response is swift, and while they are moving, they are already giving first aid treatment to the patient, they already know hospitals in the city where there's available bed space, the hospital is contacted and given clue of the kind of case coming, the hospital assembles team of healthcare professionals to receive the patient and start necessary management fast. But then we won't direct our anger to the government in power at any given point in time.

Have you asked yourself what is the population of PH not to talk of Rivers state? Have you also tried to compare such population with the number of government hospitals and the capacity of each hospital, I say government hospital because that is where most River State residents will access cheaper health care. How much has Rivers state government done to ensure easy accessibility of health care her residents? Are there Doctors and equipment In our village healthcare centres?

Again, we can be careless with emergency situations, some states like Enugu, have some ambulance service, Have effective fire service, Have police short code, how many of us make effort to have these codes or numbers, how many know how to administer CPR in case of emergency. I was the one that opened a thread in Health section of Nairaland : TIPS ON COMMON ACCIDENTS AND EMERGENCIES, how many of us have taken time to learn one or two skills there?

In this index case, the students attacked UPTH for perceived negligence, even in the report the Nurse was tagged wicked. Negligence is not out of the question, no one is certain of what transpired until investigation is carried out.
But let's take another angle, for a nurse to tell you there's no space, most likely no space, because I have been with nurses most part of my life. They run shift system, while doctors work 24hrs, so the stress of the hectic hospital work in Nigeria is not so much on them, a doctor is more likely to be overwhelmed by work or to run away from work due to work fatigue than a nurse. So must time when a nurse says there's no space, check very well there won't be space in that hospital, and am sure the students wouldn't take the female student away to another hospital if they could sight an empty space or bed in the A/E unit.

The immediate past Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi once said that they ( politicians) steal because we don't stone them. You can't imagine the happiness I would have felt if these students had directed their grievance to the government, as little as hauling stone to government house would have sent a lot of messages to politicians all over the country. At least the Government at every level would know that Nigerians can rise Against them one day, so they would sit up, build good roads to reduces Road traffic accident as major cause of death in Nigeria, build better universities, plan our Cities well, equip our hospitals, build more hospitals, design a good healthcare network, give health care works their deserved remuneration to avoid industrial action, instead of buying cloth and newspapers for senators, flying presidents and Governors to foreign medical treatment with our tax money.

You are better off a native doctor, which medical school released this semi fvcktard?
Ezi!! Uniport students, get us the names of all the goats on duty that day , Buhari has not sacked anyone this month.
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Bjergtrolde: 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
FunKinfun22:

This guy again, forming I too know on things you know NOTHING about!!

What's a massage pulmonary embolism? what's a sub arachnoid hemorrhage or a VF? What history in this girl is suggestive of any of those? Any risk factors?
Because you have access to google and/or work in one lab, you think doctors just arrive at diagnosis like babalawos?

If you don't attend a proper medical school and get an MBBS or it's equivalent, you can never know how the work of doctors is done and you can never arrive at a proper diagnosis.

BTW, a young woman of reproductive age that is bleeding vaginally and fainted, fainted because of anemia secondary to an urogenital pathology until proven otherwise.

It's not any body that collapses that has sub arachnoid hemorrhage or VF. WTF!!!

I will resist taking issues with you because you are not at my level. If really you are a doctor, then it is an indication of the state of healthcare in Nigeria. You see, you are very unintelligent and you do not know it. This makes you a very dangerous doctor. The most important tenet in medicine is to know your limitation. You obviously do not know you massive limitations in the area of medicine.

You come across as one of those students whose time in medical school was spent impressing bush meats in town while wearing your lab coat and stethoscope far from school or teaching hospital premises. You probably spend your timke now carrying out terminations of pregnancy while diagnosing everyone unfortunate enough to come to your bush clinic with Typhoid, Malaria and when you cannot explain simple cases, you diagnose "sending" or "spiritual attack".

Of all the people here that I think are doctors, you are the most hollow.

BTW, a young woman of reproductive age that is bleeding vaginally and fainted, fainted because of [b]anemia secondary to an urogenital pathology until proven otherwise[/b].
You are exhibiting your ignorance. I will not educate you for free. I get paid to do that.
BTW: Did you mean hypovolaemia? Anaemia and Hypovolaemia are not the same you know?

I can see that you are trying to brag with MBBS, brag on, if that tickles your fancy, but don't try to flash it in front of me. When you get a fellowship (which will be never) then you come lets chat. I would not insist that you get three like me before we dialogue. Now you are making me brag.

Guys, there are several causes of sudden collapse such as vasovagal (simple ) faints, Irregular heart beat (Ventricular fibrillation) Subarachnoid Haemorrhage ( stroke of the young), Pulmonary Embolism ( blood clots). These can happen to adults of any age. Assuming that because someone collapses while bleeding is because of pregnancy is intellectual laziness. The lazy dolts like the above would want every narrative to fit their narrow clinical knowledge hence they assume every thing is due to pregnancy, Typhoid, Malaria and "sending".

I do not tolerate fools like this dolt because I know that they are dangerous. I am absolutely certain that this chap is not in any residency program because he does not have the basic intelligence to get into one.

1 Like

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/

If you are resuscitating her and she presents with shockable rhythm e.g.. V-fib. what will you do? Now I understand why rich folks would rather fly out than patronize you undertakers masquerading as doctors. I am still in shock at the level of ignorance I am seeing among you Nigerian quacks just from this case. I can tell from your submission that you have no slightest idea what AED is and how it works. You don't have to admit it. It is very glaring.

I have an AED at home and you are telling me hospitals cannot afford it. You will rather buy a fancy car to look good than invest about $3000 on an equipment that will help you do your jobs competently. Oh! You want to lecture me about medical practice? Bring it on. Forget all the fancy medical terminologies which most of you like the OP use to massage your ego. Bring it down in a way that regular folks will understand and protect themselves. If you want a show off career, go into acting.
/

Young man, I did not bother educating you because your level of ignorance is deep. It still won't be fair of me if I leave you as you are.
You keep shouting AED because you heard she fainted. BTW, an AED will only be useful if she 'fainted' or lost consciousness because of a cardiac arrest. In this case, a cardiac arrest is not the 100th thing any doctor will think of. Any doc that puts a defibrillator on that girl can lose his license. Medicine is not mathematics. Wisdom demands you don't come and open your mouth wide and loud on a subject you know little to nothing about because you'll end up exposing your ignorance.

And to onlookers (other readers), some of us sound arrogant here, it's not because we truly are but because the best way to reply ignorant arrogance is with "knowledgeable arrogance".

3 Likes

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/

/

Just rereading what u put up there. What do you mean by "develop a shockable rhythm while resuscitating" (an unconscious patient)??

I never said Nigerian hospitals don't have defibrillators, (but yes, most govt hospitals i know don't have in their A&E!!!)
They don't have doesn't mean it's expensive or they cannot afford it. Unilorin medical school have a number, together with mannequins where cardiac arrest and defibrillation can be demonstrated. I've tried, won't be replying you again. You can keep wallowing in your ignorance with pride...the gods help you.

2 Likes

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
You haven't made any sense. It's your kind of mentality as a Commissioner of Health or Governor that will keep our healthcare system in perpetual deplorable state.

jpphilips:

You are better off a native doctor, which medical school released this semi fvcktard?
Ezi!! Uniport students, get us the names of all the goats on duty that day , Buhari has not sacked anyone this month.

2 Likes

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
Bjergtrolde:

I will resist taking issues with you because you are not at my level. If really you are a doctor, then it is an indication of the state of healthcare in Nigeria. You see, you are very unintelligent and you do not know it. This makes you a very dangerous doctor. The most important tenet in medicine is to know your limitation. You obviously do not know you massive limitations in the area of medicine.

You come across as one of those students whose time in medical school was spent impressing bush meats in town while wearing your lab coat and stethoscope far from school or teaching hospital premises. You probably spend your timke now carrying out terminations of pregnancy while diagnosing everyone unfortunate enough to come to your bush clinic with Typhoid, Malaria and when you cannot explain simple cases, you diagnose "sending" or "spiritual attack".

Of all the people here that I think are doctors, you are the most hollow.

You are exhibiting your ignorance. I will not educate you for free. I get paid to do that.
BTW: Did you mean hypovolaemia? Anaemia and Hypovolaemia are not the same you know?

I can see that you are trying to brag with MBBS, brag on, if that tickles your fancy, but don't try to flash it in front of me. When you get a fellowship (which will be never) then you come lets chat. I would not insist that you get three like me before we dialogue. Now you are making me brag.

Guys, there are several causes of sudden collapse such as vasovagal (simple ) faints, Irregular heart beat (Ventricular fibrillation) Subarachnoid Haemorrhage ( stroke of the young), Pulmonary Embolism ( blood clots). These can happen to adults of any age. Assuming that because someone collapses while bleeding is because of pregnancy is intellectual laziness. The lazy dolts like the above would want every narrative to fit their narrow clinical knowledge hence they assume every thing is due to pregnancy, Typhoid, Malaria and "sending".

I do not tolerate fools like this dolt because I know that they are dangerous. I am absolutely certain that this chap is not in any residency program because he does not have the basic intelligence to get into one.

Thank God I stumbled on this post. You deliberately edited my name when you quoted me so you can avoid my mentions and I won't get to see your piece of shit, but the gods are not with you on this one.

To start with, I won't brag because I know I have not arrived yet, even though I'm just a 25 year old with an MBBS from unilorin and a Masters in Tropical medicine and immunology from Oxford currently chilling and doing locum somewhere in the world, may I please know you too sir?

I want to reiterate that YOU CAN NEVER BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR BECAUSE OF THE SHIT YOU'VE BEEN WRITING HERE!!!

I also won't bother curing your ignorance because your type can't have a license and thus you're only dangerous to yourself.

But not to leave you thinking you can just read up junks on google and come on here to brag...

1. Only a foolish person whose ignorance is beyond redemption and whose soul is beyond salvation will say a young girl of reproductive age who is bleeding from her vagina and then passes out has;

Sub arachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding into the fluid that bathes the brain). And you called this stroke of the young?? OMG! Lotta BS on google. Or

Vasovagal syncope (where there is usually no bleeding and the person FAINTS BUT WAKE UP BACK IN LESS THAN 10 SECONDS) Or

Pulmonary Embolism (where she will have a sudden chest pain and start coughing out blood rather than just 'faint')

2. Let me just educate your ignorance, for this little girl to be bleeding from her vagina, there's a problem along her reproductive tract and not her heart, lungs or brain as you deduced unintelligently from google.
It might be ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, spontaneous or induced abortion, or even DIC or endometriosis but not all the BS you put up there.

3. Yh, I am a proud quack being recommended in a foreign land, and that has a license and have made hundreds happy, healthy and back to life and work.

3 Likes

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Bjergtrolde: 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Kinfunfun22:

Thank God I stumbled on this post. You deliberately edited my name when you quoted me so you can avoid my mentions and I won't get to see your piece of shit, but the gods are not with you on this one.

To start with, I won't brag because I know I have not arrived yet, even though I'm just a 25 year old with an MBBS from unilorin and a Masters in Tropical medicine and immunology from Oxford currently chilling and doing locum somewhere in the world, may I please know you too sir?

I want to reiterate that YOU CAN NEVER BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR BECAUSE OF THE SHIT YOU'VE BEEN WRITING HERE!!!

I also won't bother curing your ignorance because your type can't have a license and thus you're only dangerous to yourself.

But not to leave you thinking you can just read up junks on google and come on here to brag...

1. Only a foolish person whose ignorance is beyond redemption and whose soul is beyond salvation will say a young girl of reproductive age who is bleeding from her vagina and then passes out has;

Sub arachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding into the fluid that bathes the brain). And you called this stroke of the young?? OMG! Lotta BS on google. Or

Vasovagal syncope (where there is usually no bleeding and the person FAINTS BUT WAKE UP BACK IN LESS THAN 10 SECONDS) Or

Pulmonary Embolism (where she will have a sudden chest pain and start coughing out blood rather than just 'faint')

2. Let me just educate your ignorance, for this little girl to be bleeding from her vagina, there's a problem along her reproductive tract and not her heart, lungs or brain as you deduced unintelligently from google.
It might be ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, spontaneous or induced abortion, or even DIC or endometriosis but not all the BS you put up there.

3. Yh, I am a proud quack being recommended in a foreign land, and that has a license and have made hundreds happy, healthy and back to life and work.

OMG! You are really that stupid? Lets look at the rubbish you spewed there.

What proportion of ectopic pregnancies bleed PV? What proportion of Pulmonary embolism have chest pains?
You can't help it to still tarnish the image of the young girl further? You bring in DIC to try to suggest septic abortion.

BTW: Don't mention you are studying Tropical Medicine in Oxford. It actually exposes your lack of intelligence.
First you could not pass the PLAB exam , secondly, you left the tropics to go and study tropical medicine in the temperate countries.
Should you not be the one teaching Oyibo about your "Typhoid"?

Dolt! Tropical medicine my foot. Locum my foot!

If you are practicing medicine in the UK, one thing I can say for certain is that the GMC will soon strike you off for malpractice as you do not have any insight into your lack of knowledge. You are deluded if you think you can carry my books.

Tropical Medicine, no wonder you have no clue about proper medicine.
Next time just shut up when medicine is being discussed
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
Bjergtrolde:

What proportion of ectopic pregnancies bleed PV? What proportion of Pulmonary embolism have chest pains?
You can't help it to still tarnish the image of the young girl further? You bring in DIC to try to suggest septic abortion.

BTW: Don't mention you are studying Tropical Medicine in Oxford. It actually exposes your lack of intelligence.
First you could not pass the PLAB exam , secondly, you left the tropics to go and study tropical medicine in the temperate countries.

If you are practicing medicine in the UK, one thing I can say for certain is that the GMC will soon strike you off. You do not have insight into your lack of knowledge.

Young man, go and sleep. You definitely don't know anything about medicine.

Let's talk common sense talk... I should study tropical medicine in Nigeria with no tropical medicine museum or labs, no vaccinology resources, no working electron microscopes etc...?? Lol.
I could not pass PLAB? Lol. You're definitely a 400 level medical school dropout.

Typhoid is a tropical disease? Choi!! Goodnight please.

3 Likes

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by chukel(m): 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2015
Bjergtrolde:

If you are practicing medicine in the UK, one thing I can say for certain is that the GMC will soon strike you off for malpractice as you do not have any insight into your lack of knowledge. You are deluded if you think you can carry my books.

my brother, I have read everything u typed. Sorry to say this. U r making a caricature of yourself. Your posts sound dumb too. What you don't know, you don't know.

4 Likes

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by chukel(m): 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2015
Bjergtrolde:

my brother, I have read everything u typed. Sorry to say this. U r making a caricature of yourself. Your posts sound dumb too. What you don't know, you don't know. Peace
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Kinfunfun22:

Lol. Seeing that you love googling medicine, you should know that diabetes mellitus, systemic lupus erythomatosus, vitiligo, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, anaphylaxis and many more conditions are either autoimmune diseases or hypersensitivity reactions and immunology is coming to the rescue. So read them up and be enlightened, it's always a doctor's joy that his patient has medical knowledge. Night!
, Bjergtrolde , you guys should go to bed, none of you is fit to go 1000m close to a patient. You display your ignorance and high headedness in public glare. Medicine is a calling, you two don't display any empathy towards the dead students except for empty bragging. You two are not worthy of the noble calling. You are a disgrace to the noble profession.
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by InvertedHammer: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2015

Just rereading what u put up there. What do you mean by "develop a shockable rhythm while resuscitating" (an unconscious patient)??

I never said Nigerian hospitals don't have defibrillators, (but yes, most govt hospitals i know don't have in their A&E!!!)
They don't have doesn't mean it's expensive or they cannot afford it. Unilorin medical school have a number, together with mannequins where cardiac arrest and defibrillation can be demonstrated. I've tried, won't be replying you again. You can keep wallowing in your ignorance with pride...the gods help you.
/
You practiced use of AED on mannequins and have never used it on actual patients and you call yourself a doctor?

Do you resuscitate " conscious" patients? Do you even know what resuscitation means? You are an Idi0t.

\
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by InvertedHammer: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2015

Young man, I did not bother educating you because your level of ignorance is deep. It still won't be fair of me if I leave you as you are.
You keep shouting AED because you heard she fainted. BTW, an AED will only be useful if she 'fainted' or lost consciousness because of a cardiac arrest. In this case, a cardiac arrest is not the 100th thing any doctor will think of. Any doc that puts a defibrillator on that girl can lose his license. Medicine is not mathematics. Wisdom demands you don't come and open your mouth wide and loud on a subject you know little to nothing about because you'll end up exposing your ignorance.

And to onlookers (other readers), some of us sound arrogant here, it's not because we truly are but because the best way to reply ignorant arrogance is with "knowledgeable arrogance".
/
You don't walk into a scenario and administer shocks. What is wrong with you? In the course of resuscitation, her rhythms will be analyzed and if it presents with shockable rhythms, you administer the shocks in variable volts. You lack the critical thinking capabilities of a physician. It is either you are a medical student or a textbook robot. Unbelievable!!!

If you don't know, just ask or read up. SMH in disbelief.I will show your replies to some folks tomorrow for comic relief.
\
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by legendsmother(f): 3:09am On Sep 04, 2015
Sum1 post a very reasonable thing nd d next tin two nairalanders do is insult demselves all for what? Mtshewww

Back to d matter I attend dat school, UPTH tries a lot d truth is wrk dere is always hectic....... LULU brigs is d schools students hospital nd all dey give there is paracetamol it is well May God help us all cnt wait to Grad, may her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by segalex: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Thanks a thousand times for this write up,
Re: Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student by Bjergtrolde: 10:55am On Sep 04, 2015
excel234:
, Bjergtrolde , you guys should go to bed, none of you is fit to go 1000m close to a patient. You display your ignorance and high headedness in public glare. Medicine is a calling, you two don't display any empathy towards the dead students except for empty bragging. You two are not worthy of the noble calling. You are a disgrace to the noble profession.

Advice noted and taken.
Good day to you and thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC To Seize Diezani’s Assets In America / Maina Scandal: Ex-efcc Chair, Ex-igp, 2 Heads Of Service Implicated / Okezie Ikpeazu Shares Free Kerosene In Abia Ahead Of Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.