Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

Second Wife Issue - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Second Wife Issue (1284 Views)

Polygamy (Polygyny): "Should I live with his second wife" and lots more / In Need Of A Muslim Sister For a Second Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Wife Issue by abikstech(m): 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
I got married to a Muslim woman 12years ago with two kids a boy and a girl and things was perfectly going but she turn to another person immediately i told her that im having a second wife. Now she is threaten a divorce. My stake, is marrying more than one wife in by Islam no longer exist? if its then why is it been rejected by this generation?
Thanks.
Re: Second Wife Issue by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
abikstech:
I got married to a Muslim woman 12years ago with two kids a boy and a girl and things was perfectly going but she turn to another person immediately i told her that im having a second wife. Now she is threaten a divorce. My stake, is marrying more than one wife in by Islam no longer exist? if its then why is it been rejected by this generation?
Thanks.
This has nothing to do with religion. I myself am a Muslim. But how will u feel if ur wife wakes up tomorrow and tells u that she wants to marry a new husband? And that she will be sharing nights with both of u. Answer that, and my next question comes
Re: Second Wife Issue by adewalker(m): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2015
zeeblamj:

This has nothing to do with religion. I myself am a Muslim. But how will u feel if ur wife wakes up tomorrow and tells u that she wants to marry a new husband? And that she will be sharing nights with both of u. Answer that, and my next question comes
. Now if u are muslim,you are questioning the will of Allah!,there is absolutely no basis for comparing a man and woman!!,a muslim man can marry more than up to four wives as long as he will treat them equally,@op I think u have to educate ur wife more about islam

1 Like

Re: Second Wife Issue by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 02, 2015
adewalker:
. Now if u are muslim,you are questioning the will of Allah!,there is absolutely no basis for comparing a man and woman!!,a muslim man can marry more than up to four wives as long as he will treat them equally,@op I think u have to educate ur wife more about islam
Well this speaks for itself.lol.
Re: Second Wife Issue by Amuj: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2015
Salam my bro who wants to marry a second wife u r alwd by Islam to marry a second wife so u r doing nthg wrong den coming to ur wife's reaction she is only teln u in anoda way dt she luvs u vry much b patient with her n try to mk ha undastd dt u r doing it nt bcs she lacks d basics of marriage bt bcs u want rwrd from Allah den u v to try to b just btw dem n fear Allah in ur dealings with both of them

1 Like

Re: Second Wife Issue by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
I don't think she's behaving anyhow, she's just behaving normal. Women jealousy is natural. But she has the option to like ask u to divorce her or lodge her ina different house fronm d new wife, but she sure can't forbid you from taking a new wife cos that will be a disobedience to Allah's laws.
Give her some time, she ll calm down and let u know her conditions.
Re: Second Wife Issue by 1love4all: 11:06am On Sep 08, 2015
Is polygamy still practicable in these dispensation?

Why hide under "doing Allahs will" when it comes to polygamy, there are many other way you can fulfill your iman.

cost of living and challenges of polygamy outweighs its benefits

my opinion.
Re: Second Wife Issue by Yankelaptops: 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
If you cannot handle a woman’s jealousy, then you have no wisdom to commands multiple wives. Jealousy is natural for women and you should know that by now. Just like you have a right to marry four, she also has a right for a divorce.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO MARRY MORE THAN ONE… LET YOUR FUTURE WIFE KNOW IN ADDVANCE. This really helps everyone because husband is assuming that wife should agree.. and Wife is also assuming that is will be the only one. Assumption is haram in Islam. It’s better for likeminded people to marry. Just like some men want to marry multiple, some men don’t. People need to educate women about their rights especially fathers. Most fathers/mothers are just concern about wedding without preparing them for a marriage.

IT IS BETTER THAT MEN LET THEIR FUTTURE WIFE KNOWS IN ADVANCE THAT THEY’LL HAVE MULTIPLE . Reason being that some women suffer in great deal with their husband, help the husband and support him. They may even not take a penny for dowry because of their husband poverty. But the moment this same man improve in life, now he wants second wife. And the new wife has a right to command ANY AMOUNT FOR DOWRY. So tell me, how many people can take that.

Plus economy of Nigeria is not stable.. you may get rich today and tomorrow, your wealth vanishes. If your wealth diminishes, whats plan B.. how do you provide for your family. A woman you enforces your right on by marrying multiples may suspend all monetary help she was helping you with because that’s her right too BY Allah.

Plus have you thought about the work associated with it. How to help with homework ( Arabic schools/secular school) for kids and their day to day. Don’t rely on your wife only to do this. The time we spend with our family(wife and kids is critical)

Your investment in your kids is YOUR TOMORROW. Your investment to your kids is education, Islamic education, secular education, Your time spent (money cant buy this), etc.. Have you thought about how to manage two or more homes and being able to provide quality education and time to ALL YOUR KIDS

Have your thought about how to manage multiple jealous women…. Multiple extended family problems, etc

THE BEST THING IS FOR PEOPLE TO BRING THIS UP BEFORE MARRIAGE RATHER THAN ENFORCING THINGS ON EACH OTHER.

4 Likes

Re: Second Wife Issue by eherbal(m): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
zeeblamj:

im sorry to conclude dear, but if it's you in the dp, you're no Muslim, but an impostor. Pls forgive me, but it's true
Re: Second Wife Issue by bookceleb: 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
She will accept but sit her down and talk with her heart to heart
Re: Second Wife Issue by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
eherbal:
im sorry to conclude dear, but if it's you in the dp, you're no Muslim, but an impostor. Pls forgive me, but it's true

Lol bros you harsh ooo
Re: Second Wife Issue by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2015
abikstech:
Thanks.
Aslmn alykm@abikstech,yes,you have the right to marrying more than one wife as a muslim BUT she also has the right to DIVORCE if she can't cope with such decision of yours.It doesn't reduce her status as a good muslimah one bit. If she asks u for divorce and u did not grant it,if she takes u to shariah court,it WILL be granted.
Try to read more about the rights of women in polygamy.May Allah bless your home and guide you in your decision

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That The Congregational Taraweeh Prayer Is A Bidaa? / Three Things In The Holy Quran Muslims Scholars Don't Want You To Talk About / IFC To Support Islamic Banking Services In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.