Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Help A Learner In Pig Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help A Learner In Pig Farming (4212 Views)

Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / Pig Farming Equipment / O-pig: How Osun Became A Major Player In Pig Farming (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Learner In Pig Farming by vicky3(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please I need advice and help I need a pigery to visit am a your guy setting up my own pigery in one odan have acquired 3 acres of land plan using one for it construction for the pig pen has started promise to post pic as we progress am thinking of starting with 20 piglets 13 glit that are ready to mate and 2 boars ogas in the house advice need you can reach me on whatsapp: 07014993831 mail:donvee4glory@yahoo.com
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by vicky3(m): 2:07am On Sep 01, 2015
Like I said I would be posting pictures as the construction of my pen goes on I just started building by God's grace my pen should be ready by next weekend we just dung the borehole today any expert I wish to visit a pigery and learn more hoping to get started before the end of next month

Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by DuraCon: 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
how much did u drill the borehole nd d site is at where?
vicky3:
Like I said I would be posting pictures as the construction of my pen goes on I just started building by God's grace my pen should be ready by next weekend we just dung the borehole today any expert I wish to visit a pigery and learn more hoping to get started before the end of next month
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by ijames: 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
I can help you because I also have a pig farm, u can add me on whatsapp 08157480656
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by akhis: 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
@OP, congratulations on your new step. From the pix of your construction I saw, i dont think you would finish the construction in a week. I just started my farm about two months ago and the experience I had during construction was not easy at all, they are somuch full of disappointments.
Where is your farm location? The numbers you intend to start up is fine but you need to define how you want to always sell your animals at the end of the day. Take for example would u have buyers for just five or ten animals? Would u be able to sell one when ever you want? Are you isolated from other farmers? Like me, I am and if I want to sell, it must be reasonable quantity unlike the oke aro guys that can sell just one of they wanted.
lile I said, congratulations
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by vicky3(m): 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
The cost of drilling the borehole costed 180k my farm site located in oke odan after owode idiroko
DuraCon:
how much did u drill the borehole nd d site is at where?
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by vicky3(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
Thanks oga mi I just hope by God's grace we finish on time cause we have nothing stopping us and I don't plan selling one at any time if you talking isolation in what way pls and I plan to sell in bulk hope to hear from you oga mi
akhis:
@OP, congratulations on your new step. From the pix of your construction I saw, i dont think you would finish the construction in a week. I just started my farm about two months ago and the experience I had during construction was not easy at all, they are somuch full of disappointments.
Where is your farm location? The numbers you intend to start up is fine but you need to define how you want to always sell your animals at the end of the day. Take for example would u have buyers for just five or ten animals? Would u be able to sell one when ever you want? Are you isolated from other farmers? Like me, I am and if I want to sell, it must be reasonable quantity unlike the oke aro guys that can sell just one of they wanted.
lile I said, congratulations
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by REUBEN010(m): 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
vicky3:
The cost of drilling the borehole costed 180k my farm site located in oke odan after owode idiroko
pls wat is ur rough estimate for the whole capital expenditures and wat is the capacity of ur pen?
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by vicky3(m): 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
As of today this the latest development on my pig farming site anyone with good breeds around ogun state let me know pls

Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by akhis: 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
I can see you are rerally progressing. Thats very nice. Whats the pen size? What quantity of matured pigs do you intend to have in them
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by vicky3(m): 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
Thanks 16 small rooms for 14 glit and 2 boar whole 2 big rooms for 20 piglet
akhis:
I can see you are rerally progressing. Thats very nice. Whats the pen size? What quantity of matured pigs do you intend to have in them
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by benzion72(m): 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
You are doing a great job. Hope you have detail Business plan to follow. It is necessary it allow you to think through the business. Also I will like to know the size and the total cost of construction. Furthermore there is a reach thread on piggery here on Nairaland I believe it will be a great source of help www.nairaland.com/1791549/pig-farmers-lets-meet-here
Also make sure you get very good breed that has great genetic potential also nutrition is very important and health.
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by vicky3(m): 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
Thanks oga have checked the thread it very cool when am through with the construction I promise to let you know the cost of the construction
benzion72:
You are doing a great job. Hope you have detail Business plan to follow. It is necessary it allow you to think through the business. Also I will like to know the size and the total cost of construction. Furthermore there is a reach thread on piggery here on Nairaland I believe it will be a great source of help www.nairaland.com/1791549/pig-farmers-lets-meet-here
Also make sure you get very good breed that has great genetic potential also nutrition is very important and health.
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by vicky3(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2015
Am very sorry have not been to keep my ogas posted have been very busy at as yesterday we completed the roofing of the pen by God's grace everything would be ready by next week pls I would love to use nipple for my pigs where can I get it from pls cause my plumber asked me to supply him with it thanks

Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by dynamix101(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2015
Boiled soyabeans are currently available for sale in 50kg bags. For pig farmers its a better alternative if you want to add fat and protein to your growing and finishing pigs. Book your order 08189051586
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by akhis: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
vicky3:
Thanks oga mi I just hope by God's grace we finish on time cause we have nothing stopping us and I don't plan selling one at any time if you talking isolation in what way pls and I plan to sell in bulk hope to hear from you oga mi

Hello Op, how far have u gone with your project. Have started ur farming or still at civil work stage. You have been quiet for a while now
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by dashiki(f): 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
vicky3:

Well done! How many tankers of water did you use and was the cost included in the N180k?
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by Buddhar(m): 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
I have ready to cross and pregnant sows for sale. Contact 07039388167 if interested.
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by vicky3(m): 7:37am On Nov 25, 2016
Was not included in the 180k
dashiki:

Well done! How many tankers of water did you use and was the cost included in the N180k?
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by TheUnbeatable(m): 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
@Op:

You have done well.
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by dynamix101(m): 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
vicky3:
Please I need advice and help I need a pigery to visit am a your guy setting up my own pigery in one odan have acquired 3 acres of land plan using one for it construction for the pig pen has started promise to post pic as we progress am thinking of starting with 20 piglets 13 glit that are ready to mate and 2 boars ogas in the house advice need you can reach me on whatsapp: 07014993831 mail:donvee4glory@yahoo.com

Op how is your pig farm going
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by amadasunfarm(m): 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
Re: Help A Learner In Pig Farming by ComrdDRS1: 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
I am waiting for more info, congrats

(1) (Reply)

Elephant Grass And Alfalfa / Use Of Ugwu As Blood Tonic / Farmers' Processing Co-operative:The Platform To Make Millions Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.