Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments (1688 Views)

Ongoing FG Road Projects In The South-East In Pictures / Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN / MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by g4everybody(m): 12:25am On Sep 01, 2015
By Adekunle Aliyu
Imo state Governor and Chairman, All Progressives Congress, APC, Governor’s Forum, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has said that it is too early to begin to judge Buhari’s intention on his appointments and that as far as he is concerned, the president had executed what the office empowers him to do.

Rochas who appealed to the president to consider the South-East in his appointments said as the President and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, he has the right to make appointments that would make him succeed and nobody should dictate for him who he should appoint or who he should not appoint.
The governor spoke weekend at the end during his meeting with selected stakeholders in the state, urging them to continue supporting the APC governments at all levels, in the country and mostly that of President Mohammadu Buhari.
As the president’s appointments so far affect the South-East, Governor Okorocha said “what I can only do is to continue to appeal to the president to consider the South-East in his appointments. And as far as I am concerned, the president had executed what the office empowers him to do, and it is believed that he did that in the best interest of the nation.”
He continued, “again, most of the appointments the president has so far made are like his personal staff. I don’t think South-East will ever be forgotten in this administration, we will get our due. In fact, if you ask me, I would say we should be more interested in the projects coming down to the South-East, and as much as we can get. The projects will bring about development of the South-East.”
The governor continued on the appointments, “on the appointments as they concern the South-East, there is no cause for alarm. It is too early in the day to begin to judge Buhari’s intention. I think he means well. Let us give him a chance. Nigeria is one nation. A nation for all of us. We must start thinking about the nation rather than thinking about sentiment of where we come from.”
“Although the South-East had expected so much, we believe all will be well with the Buhari presidency and for the development of the South-East. It is wrong for some people to begin to use the issue to incite the people of the South-east against the president. The government is about to celebrate its one hundred days, and the appointments are just beginning to come, and by and large, the South-East will get their dues.”
“The point is that we cannot begin to judge President Buhari with the appointments so far made. We cannot obviously use it to judge his intention. I think he means well for the nation and with every geo-political zone inclusive. So, let us give him a chance.”
The Governor also restated his commitment towards ensuring that many federal projects are cited in the South East zone during the present federal administration than during the previous ones. On the essence of the meeting he held with political stake holders in the state Owelle Okorocha said it was aimed at charting the way forward on the government’s programme of beautifying the state to attract investors, adding that the exercise will be extended to Okigwe and Orlu.
The governor explained that government would establish taskforce committees charged with the responsibility of cleaning up Imo state and relocating markets and parks as to create healthy environments, adding that the joint state and local government committees aimed at reviewing development projects executed in rural and urban areas of the state will be set up.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/rochas-appeals-to-buhari-to-consider-south-east-in-his-appointments/
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by munchfani: 12:26am On Sep 01, 2015
ok
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by kinibigdeal(m): 12:26am On Sep 01, 2015
undecided
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by prof17(m): 12:40am On Sep 01, 2015
[right][/right]
shocked coolAppiontment or no appiontment, IGBOS must excel in Alaba international market/onitcha international market[i][/i]
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by naijaking1: 12:53am On Sep 01, 2015
Rochas is being selfish here, he's looking for a job for some of his crew?
No serious minded Igbo person believes in Buhari's jobs, but if you're a political opportunist like Rochas(who promised to recocile Igbos with Buhari) you can easily seen your own political demise, because it will be more difficult for Igbos to believe Rochas from now on.

10 Likes

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by mars123(m): 1:01am On Sep 01, 2015
Igbos will get their 'cake' in the fullness of time grin no worries, be happy!

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by DONMAYOR19(m): 1:05am On Sep 01, 2015
begging time, weeping time. una never chin chon thin. change my foot. both u, opolo eye Tinubu and that driver amaechi will cry blood soon. rubbish set of people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by koligs: 1:11am On Sep 01, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
begging time, weeping time. una never chin chon thin. change my foot. both u, opolo eye Tinubu and that driver amaechi will cry blood soon. rubbish set of people.

I reject it in jesus name!!!!
Please pray for a better Nigeria and stop spilling thrash
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by hinohsend: 1:11am On Sep 01, 2015
munchfani:
Buhari doesn't need saboteurs in his government. southeast your vote doesn't count come 2019.

DAMN!...are you really dis daft?.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by DONMAYOR19(m): 1:23am On Sep 01, 2015
koligs:

I reject it in jesus name!!!!
Please pray for a better Nigeria and stop spilling thrash
u pray for better Nigeria when u vote in illiterate to rule u? blind people everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by bugzbunny: 1:25am On Sep 01, 2015
He can take d appointmnts and shove them
Igbos dnt need them...

1 Like

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by munchfani: 1:28am On Sep 01, 2015
hinohsend:

DAMN!...are you really dis daft?.
yes biiitch

1 Like

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by Tkester: 1:32am On Sep 01, 2015
I'm beginning to believe that Rochas is a bastard, who is fathered by a Fulani.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 01, 2015
after buhari has made all key appointments, okoroawusa wants IGBO speaking BIAFRANS to be given stupid gateman appointments right? well, we dont need them, even if buhari hands over to an igbo man today, i will KILL such igbo man. BIAFRA is our only hopere. I DONT EVEN HAVE A VOTER CARD but all the same, proudly 5%

6 Likes

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by Smooyis(m): 2:12am On Sep 01, 2015
Yes but no need to beg. It is a constitutional right

1 Like

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by LongPennis(m): 2:32am On Sep 01, 2015
Bia Rochas, mmaa gi aka nti ee, your ab0ki-infected brain will reset.

Ewu hawusa undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by Vicadonis(m): 3:19am On Sep 01, 2015
So Rochas is in the 'One chance' bus too

1 Like

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by pwerrymansion(f): 5:08am On Sep 01, 2015
Oko-oko! Son of Eli nd a butt-licking Basta*d!

1 Like

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:14am On Sep 01, 2015
Rochas Okorocha once boasted being responsible for submitting the name of Dr Ogbonnaya Onu to Buhari for SSG and assured Southeasterns that the position is theirs to lose.

I haven't seen a selfish politician like Gov. Okorocha in Nigeria's history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 01, 2015
Igbos should ignore Buhari

Rochas should instead concentrate on mobilizing the potentials of Igbos in transforming SE into a developed region through state community and private partnership.

Never beg the Dan Fodios angry

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by francizy(m): 5:44am On Sep 01, 2015
Why you dey beg am na? Leave him let him do whatever he wants. All I want is for his "body odour" to work as usual... cheesy
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 01, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
u pray for better Nigeria when u vote in illiterate to rule u? blind people everywhere.

God bless you

Is like the Jews praying for a better Israel after electing King Saul against God's desire grin

1 Like

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by chesterlee(m): 6:42am On Sep 01, 2015
One word for him:

TRAITOR!!!!
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by koligs: 6:45am On Sep 01, 2015
DONMAYOR19:

The so called illiterate will be better than your previous past leaders
Time will tell...
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by englishmart(m): 6:50am On Sep 01, 2015
who says we need buhari's consideration? Take it or leave it, Igbos are the most envied tribe in Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by molydonhenry(m): 6:58am On Sep 01, 2015
why begging him? Igbos have alwys succeeded.
Dz z wat u get wen u vote a goat brain in human skull to lead u. Den surrounded himself wid Schizophrenic minds. Buhari is too Archaic to lead dz country.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 01, 2015
Rochas my man, don't worry buhari will do u nice, he just want to see the reaction of the igbos for saying it will rain cat and dogs if he neglect them.
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 01, 2015
See the fooolish and stewpid fat phuck in Imo government house trying to play to the gallery as usual. Who begged him to appeal for the South East?

This deceit of a governor is already aware that Buhari will appoint South Easterners in his government in due time... Coz even Buhari is aware that there is no way Nigeria can do without the input of an Igbo man.

What roaches is now trying to do is make it look like he was the one that negotiated the appointments... Phool. Scam and Con artist.

Ride on Buhari... We dont even need the appointments. Just fix Nigeria ok? Inasmuch as you dont betray Nigerians, we are behind you.

SAI BUHARI!

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by m4una(m): 7:21am On Sep 01, 2015
Rochas has zero influence over a bigoted buhari, secondly his honour in the southeast has been greatly reduced in the region...therefore,i advice he cry for himself and his co travellers from southeast that are seriously weeping behind close doors.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by g4everybody(m): 11:02am On Sep 01, 2015
Lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:47am On Sep 01, 2015
Isn't Rochas just a piece of work.
Re: Rochas Appeals To Buhari To Consider South East In His Appointments by vision2022: 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Anybody selected by Rochas in 2019 will totally fail election in Imo State. mark my word.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AU Accuses Buhari Of Setting A Bad Example For Africa’s Ruling Class / Graphic Photo Of Boko Haram Militant Killed By Nigerian Troops In Latest Raid / Famous African Dictators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.