Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby Secures Admission Into Varsity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby Secures Admission Into Varsity (1039 Views)

Nigeria’s First Set Of Quintuplets Celebrate 17th Birthday / fallopian tube blockage / Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby Secures Admission Into Varsity by rhazur(m): 4:46am On Sep 01, 2015
About 17 years after she was born through In Vitro Fertilisation, Nigeria’s first test tube baby, Miss Hannatu Kupchi, has secured admission into a Hungarian University to study medicine.
The medical doctor that supervised the first IVF experiment in Nigeria, Dr. Ibrahim Wada, said Hannatu’s birth on February 11, 1998, at Nisa Premier Hospital in Abuja, signalled a revolution in the practice of medicine in Nigeria.
Speaking on Sunday evening in Abuja during a brief reception and presentation of an award to Kupchi, he said, “When I was out of this country, I knew there were people who wanted babies. I made the decision to come back to Nigeria to help people. It happened on February 11, 1998 when this historic event occurred in this hospital.”
Responding, Kupchi promised to break barriers and become a doctor in order to help families and parents who are unable to give birth through the traditional means.
She said by her birth, misconceptions about IVF were broken and that many more children had been brought into this world as well.
“I barely made it beyond the cut off mark. God helped me. I am going to try my best and make everyone proud. I am studying medicine because I want to be a doctor. I want to study it because I want God to use me to help families who suffer what my parents went through,” she said.
In his remarks, father of Hannatu, Mr. Hosea Kupchi, said, “We had 13 years of marriage without a child and we went through the orthodox method without any success. But along the line, my sister-in-law told me that there was one Dr. Wada that had been helping couples. That is how we came.”

www.punchng.com/news/nigerias-first-test-tube-baby-secures-admission-into-varsity/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby Secures Admission Into Varsity by abdul4new(m): 5:12am On Sep 01, 2015
Waow,how times fly God is wonderful
Re: Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby Secures Admission Into Varsity by MixedMan: 5:22am On Sep 01, 2015
** I Was Here**
Re: Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby Secures Admission Into Varsity by unofficial(m): 5:28am On Sep 01, 2015
Revolution

Doctor, medicine has gone worse in Nigeria since the IVF; not better.
Re: Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby Secures Admission Into Varsity by lumzybo: 5:38am On Sep 01, 2015
Experimental child! grin

#okay ooo
Re: Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby Secures Admission Into Varsity by jazinogold(m): 5:41am On Sep 01, 2015
hmm. .. thank God say no b Naija university she dy go o!

apkors be like guy I wan go toast that test tube baby grin
Re: Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby Secures Admission Into Varsity by Pidggin(f): 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
Great!

(1) (Reply)

Say No To Domestic Violence On Women / The Mother Of My Children Wants To Come Back Pls Help / Wow!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.