Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? (16131 Views)

Why Are People Still Blaming Colonialism For African Poverty? / What Is Your Phobia For 'Ember' Months? / Why Are People Like This Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Omooba77: 6:30am On Sep 01, 2015
From experience people are afraid more of 'Ember' months than other months of the year. Is it a myth or reality? Please share your experience. Happy new month of September to us all,God bless us all.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Bobbyjay001(m): 6:32am On Sep 01, 2015
Ha! My brother. This is the period when many "village and city winch" will re-enforce their power to make some people shed tears.
Awon iya mi at'enu jeba at'idi su" i fear o. One needs to be extra-watchful and prayerful in these "ember" months.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by RichDad1(m): 6:44am On Sep 01, 2015
I guess it's cause of the Christmas/end of the year is coming anxiety. People tends to lose concentration and thrown everything into the wind all in the name of "I must make money before this year end" It's like the widely accepted official time for individual KPI reviews for everyone. Especially for people that prefer spending their end of the year holidays at their home town.
As a result of this, motorist are prone to accidents due to lack of concentration, thereby making people to be wary of the last four months of the year. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy New Month Nairalanders

lalasticlala ; Ishilove; Seun frontpage might not be a bad idea. Thanks y'all kiss

15 Likes

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Omooba77: 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
RichDad1:
I guess it's cause of the Christmas/end of the year is coming anxiety. People tends to lose concentration and thrown everything into the wind all in the name of "I must make money before this year end" It's like the widely accepted official time for individual KPI reviews for everyone. Especially for people that prefer spending their end of the year holidays at their home town.
As a result of this, motorist are prone to accidents due to lack of concentration, thereby making people to be wary of the last four months of the year. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy New Month Nairalanders

lalasticlala ; Ishilove; Seun frontpage might not be a bad idea. Thanks y'all kiss

You may be right, I pray God will continually help us and give us breakthrough

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Omooba77: 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
As for me and my family,God will remember us for good.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by ShineuEye: 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
The "ember" months are the time Buhari's real motives are exposed, get ready to see the nightmare you voted in power.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by damiloladuke: 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
why will i fear month

ARE YOU A MUSIC ARTISTE OR A BLOGGER? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Lero15(m): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
This period, people travel a lot. So, accident rate increases.

And then the witches and wizards that would not want you to cross over to next year undecided this is the period they suck blood grin

All my Ibo peeps planning to go celebrate at their hometown, this is the period they closely monitor the containers grin they will do comprehensive insurance on their goods too.

And then any other thing u can think of.
Introvert and LadyF can add more... Only if they make frontpage cheesy

Happy "ember" period, good people.

May the Lord protect us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by veekid(m): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
i knw for dem?
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by vizkiz: 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
I don't know why, neither do I care. All I know is that the Lord says "fear not, for I am with you"

He also said "no weapon fashioned against you sHall prosper"

He went ahead and made it more certain that "the name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run unto it and are saved" wink

So tell me what I'v gat to fear? cheesy

Incase you still doubting, he said he has rebuked the kings on my behalf and he told them "touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm"

Am I gonna fear "Ember" months? Nah... tongue

See as I just dey quote bible whey them no ask me grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Because it is full of Ups and Down....

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by RemyMartins(m): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ritualism increases as the ember grows. Quote me by Late October November when posts like

Dead woman at the street side with missing b00bs

Man Cannot find his Manhood after alighting a taxi and blalalalala.

the get rich quick mentality back with Blowing money Fast.

thatsall
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by boman2014: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
looks like every other months.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by eleojo23: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
It's a time people believe that the activities of 'village witches' are at the peak.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by nollyway(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
[size=15pt]EMBER months has this hormonal fluid, when activated causes many to sell their soul to the devil lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
[/size]

in the name of hustle undecided undecided mtcheww!!
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by jnrbayano(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
It is dreaded because it is always the peak period in business across the nation. (Seasonal sales)

But people who do all forms of business lick their tongues in readiness to hike the prices of goods and services.

The EMBER months climax in the month December which under normal circumstances should be bonanza period to mark the end of a fiscal year and Christmas holiday but greed which is a cankerworm that has eating so deep into our minds make it to be the opposite.

The daredevils in bid to make money quickly and brandish it to everyone who cares to take notice take to heinous crimes such as kidnapping, 419 to mention a few.

OP, now tell me, why wouldn't the EMBER months be feared?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by osaslord500(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bcoz igbo boys dey use am hammer oo
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Deejavuu(f): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
It's a Nigerian mentality that bad things happen during the "EMBER" months.. I see it as lame as the so called "EMBER" months are just like every other months of the year.

We are too superstitious in this part of the globe!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by lovinhubby2wife(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
A time men remember the've not been saving enough cash for the family's annual ritual
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by holluwai(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
Just a general phenomenon but taken serious.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by gurunlocker: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
just like other months... only that people travel more during this period which brings high rate of accident....

May God protect all of us IJN
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by hensben(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Because it's EMBER month.

Normal Naija stereotypical way of living.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Mariecakes(f): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by shadrach77: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
It's true. It's a time when satan and his agents are trying to do last minute damage before the year runs out. We all need to be prayerful at this time cry cry

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by BE811APP: 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
I think its Just farce...
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Cos the months always end the year and they always want to see the new year....but as for me every month is important. Na only God dey save person smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by pet4ril(f): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Because they do not know their God. .. for the God of jan_aug is the same of Embers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by 360jamng(m): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
It's when they use you to drive RANGE ROVER. You go confirm

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Truckpusher(m): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
Deejavuu:
It's a Nigerian mentality that bad things happen during the "EMBER" months.. I see it as lame as the so called "EMBER" months are just like every other months of the year.

We are too superstitious in this part of the globe!!!
That ideology thrived 20 yrs ago - I still find it difficult to understand why people should be talking about it now and besides there is something about the 'EMBER' months and the occurrences around that period of the year that has an explanation. wink
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by adesegun121(m): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by wellmax(m): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
I tire office. The same thing I was thinking about. What differentiates September from March.
Don't be gullible, if you want to pray against evil pray it all year round, not just in the 'ember' months.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? by Agimor(m): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Op where did you get that theory from?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. / African Time: Who Invented This Phrase? / Historical Sites In The Bende And Cross River Regions (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.