Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Thoughts On G20 In London - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thoughts On G20 In London (1018 Views)

G20 Ends Abruptly As Obama Calls Putin A Jackass / First Wives Of The G20 Summit / Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts On G20 In London by SeanT21(f): 3:59am On Apr 02, 2009
If you saw the G-20 live from London, what did U think about it? I forgot to TIVO it before I left for school.When I came home to catch bits of it,Anderson Cooper only talked about what gift Obama gived the queen,Why the Queen has handbags,Queen this and Queen that. cry

If you watched it~~~~

What leader did the best? Do you think it was right for the leaders to blame the US for the recession??
Re: Thoughts On G20 In London by ElRazur: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2009
I tend to follow this event, but this year I did with little interest. My focus was more on the protest.

US alone is not the problem, the problem in my opinion lies with the principles of Capitalism - it is fundamentally flawed as we have seen. This year's summit wont solve anything, but instead it will be a stepping stone towards achieving their overall goal.

Obama was pretty much relaxed, cool and confident in his speech here with the press. Gordon brown was assertive and expecting the other G20 members to buy and implement his big idea from what I can see.

The French and German leaders appear to have a different set of view before going into the meeting. It was also reported that the French leader threatened to walk out if certain conditions are not meet - He is well known to love dramas lol.

I suppose at the end, they moved a little step close to what they wanted - Sort out the financial mess the world is in.
Re: Thoughts On G20 In London by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2009
SeanT21, they are currently locked at Excel Exhibition centre talking rubbish. The only president that has made any kind of move or done something is the French President. He threatened to walk out of the meeting if nothing concrete is agreed. He and the German Chancellor are like the Prodigal CHildren.

The Russians cannot be ignored cos if they decide to turn offf their gas most of Europe will freeze to death. SO it looks like Gordon Brown is trying too hard not to step on anyones toes.

Aparently, 50% of America is now owned by China. I wonder why all the media houses and camera's are following BArack Obioma instead of the Chinese Premier.

Gordon Brown sent out an invitation to the Africa Union. Africa is represented by the South African President. We all know they don't give a toss about Africa anyways.

So there you have it.
Re: Thoughts On G20 In London by SeanT21(f): 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2009
OMO IBO:

SeanT21, they are currently locked at Excel Exhibition centre talking rubbish. The only president that has made any kind of move or done something is the French President. He threatened to walk out of the meeting if nothing concrete is agreed. He and the German Chancellor are like the Prodigal CHildren.

The Russians cannot be ignored cos if they decide to turn offf their gas most of Europe will freeze to death. SO it looks like Gordon Brown is trying too hard not to step on anyones toes.

Aparently, 50% of America is now owned by China. I wonder why all the media houses and camera's are following BArack Obioma instead of the Chinese Premier.

Gordon Brown sent out an invitation to the Africa Union. Africa is represented by the South African President. We all know they don't give a toss about Africa anyways.

So there you have it.

Yes,I was wondering why there was only 1 African country there.WTF!!~~~Its not sincere at all that only one African country had a voice at the summit.

Hahah~~You know the media worldwide is obsessed with the Obamas.I was not surprised when all of the coverage was on them.Michelle Looked wonderful in her dress.
Re: Thoughts On G20 In London by RSA(m): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2009
SeanT21:

Yes,I was wondering why there was only 1 African country there.WTF!!~~~Its not sincere at all that only one African country had a voice at the summit.

South Africa is representing herself,not Africa.She got the invite because she is one of the 19 biggest economy in the world.President Motlanthe is there as a South African President,So mylady stop wondering.
Re: Thoughts On G20 In London by Ibime(m): 11:55am On Apr 03, 2009
SeanT21:

What leader did the best?

Sarkozy! The only true leader amongst them. He spoke with conviction and he defied the short-term wishes of the French people (who wanted a stimulus) to push for worldwide regulation.
Re: Thoughts On G20 In London by SeanT21(f): 5:47am On Apr 05, 2009
RSA:

South Africa is representing herself,not Africa.She got the invite because she is one of the 19 biggest economy in the world.President Motlanthe is there as a South African President,So mylady stop wondering.

That still does not make it right.Every country is being affected by this recession whether they have a big or small economy.Ghana,Ethiopia,Nigeria,etc could have been invited to voice their opinions.
Re: Thoughts On G20 In London by tpia: 7:18am On Apr 05, 2009
Re: Thoughts On G20 In London by Horus(m): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2009
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVClX05f68s[/flash]

G20-Kgalema Motlanthe, President of the Republic of South Africa
Re: Thoughts On G20 In London by DisGuy: 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2009
SeanT21:

That still does not make it right.Every country is being affected by this recession whether they have a big or small economy.Ghana,Ethiopia,Nigeria,etc could have been invited to voice their opinions.

their opinions on what exactly? If they have valid opinions they would have implemented it to make their country
more influential globally or atleast in their region. plus too many cooks spoil the broth anyway, africa is being represented by NEPAD and South Africa- $100b was pledged to the poorest countries and developing nations 'future markets'

(1) (Reply)

America On The Road To Marxism / Cindy Mccain Poses For Ad For Gay Rights Group / Obama: I Don't Have To Show You M'fcukers The Pics - I Killed Osama So Vote 4 Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.