Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? (1451 Views)

I Bought The Iphone X For N500,000 On Jumia And It Fell.... / Upload A Picture Of Your Homescreen And Let's Guess The Phone / I'm Afraid I May Have Bought The Fake Infinix Note 2 Lte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by mavelos1o(m): 10:05am On Sep 01, 2015
I change my phone every month or 2 and i'm getting tired. It was once a flagship device that drove me crazy, 2 months later it starts feeling like it's not up to the task and i need to change it. The funny thing is the reason we think we want the phone becomes useless after we get it. we don't even remember it exist. Then the cycle begins again. We see another phone with a better feature that we probably wouldn't use when we get it, and we cough out enough cash to get. Then the cycle restarts. Is this the same with you?
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Juxtified(m): 10:25am On Sep 01, 2015
Its not the same with me o, i can't afford the luxury of changing phones every year self, not to talk of two months

6 Likes

Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by BuhBye: 10:32am On Sep 01, 2015
Bandwagon effect.
When another flagship device is announced you're probably going to hop on the bandwagon. Better restrain yourself before it becomes your life's mission.

4 Likes

Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by jideprof: 10:33am On Sep 01, 2015
Well, You're Somehow Right!

Phones These Days Are Now A Strong Part Of Human Fashion, The Reason Some People Change Phones Is Just Because It's Latest In The Market And They Wanna Be Among The First Set Of People To Use It - To Show Class Right? Bad Idea

I Held On To A Tecno F7 Android Device, Which Was Produced A Long Time Ago Cos At The End Of The Day; The Differences Between It And Newer Devices Are Limited.

But, If You Can Get A Good Buyer For Your Old Device At A Reasonable Amount, Then You're Good To Go But Try Your Possible Best To Limit It. Enjoy! grin

2 Likes

Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by maxdozie(m): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
Now I have seen my type .. though I change mine after 4-5vmonths but its becoming too much!.. imagine Buying a Galaxy Note 4 and already planning on selling it! for another phone.. mhen My life just Cast ..

1 Like

Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by okitikpo: 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2015
I think the Economist will explain that better by telling you that human wants are unlimited
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by niceguy7(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
Same here.....and people use to tell me that, it is because am a phone dealer thats why.
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Chidexter(m): 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
Economist will better explain why.

From Bandwagon effect(following a large group of consumers to purchase a comodity even if it isnt better than its close substitute.)

To, Choice, While some change phones because they want the latest technology especially those tech gurus.

Again, as humans what we want is always unlimited.
its now left to you defrentiate what you want from what you need.

You might want a samsung note 4 today, then an iphone 6 tommorow, but do you really need them?.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by 0ubenji(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
bro na bcoz u no dey gree buy premium products.. dats y u dey form "change fone every 2mths"..oya go buy quality fones weda u go gree get liver to change am..no be all dis tecno junk..i use a sony xperia z3 bought 120k in january..abeg wetin dey oda fones til now wey i no get..even s6 edge stil dey find draw(arguably)...
wen u buy quality for real...tendency to change within 6mths is highly negligent(except u be O.B.O wey him moni miss road)..
if u buy s6 edge now and change am to sony z3 soon enuf..then ur thread get sense..if not..abeg go complain to tecno(and oda new generation market hustlers) to stop releasing fones like WAEC results
mavelos1o:
I change my phone every month or 2 and i'm getting tired. It was once a flagship device that drove me crazy, 2 months later it starts feeling like it's not up to the task and i need to change it. The funny thing is the reason we think we want the phone becomes useless after we get it. we don't even remember it exist. Then the cycle begins again. We see another phone with a better feature that we probably wouldn't use when we get it, and we cough out enough cash to get. Then the cycle restarts. Is this the same with you?

2 Likes

Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Oahray: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2015
It's not the same with me. You haven't learnt to differentiate between your wants and your needs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2015
Phones are liabilities....

Even cars...

I hardly buy phones dis days.. Managin my nokia torchlite fone for calls and my bb torch for browsing...

2 Likes

Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by wheesin(m): 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
I bought this gionee m2 thinking it was all about battery life..but seeing INFINIX note, i just can't help but change .. undecided
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Fundango: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
okitikpo:
I think the Economist will explain that better by telling you that human wants are unlimited
you are right,which is coupled with varieties of insatiable wants nature of we humans.
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2015
Same challenge here until I started flashing custom roms.

Now when I'm bored, I flash a new rom for a different feel.
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
You know my problem... I bought infinix hot... Then hot note... Now I have hot note pro... Now I'm targeting Gionee lattest flagship....
The circle goes on and on...
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Tintin7: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
Every two months? Bro you need help ooo. Mine is every six months.
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Segadem(m): 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Samwell247:
You know my problem... I bought infinix hot... Then hot note... Now I have hot note pro... Now I'm targeting Gionee lattest flagship....
The circle goes on and on...
Do u know that the best phone is not yet manufactured?
Bible says eyes will never be satisfied with seeing,
and it says in another verse godliness and contentment is a great gain
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Segadem(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
Tintin7:
Every two months? Bro you need help ooo. Mine is every six months.
You too need advice!
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by martineverest(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
Its only people dat buy fones for 'pride and prestige ' dat changes dia fones every 2months when d former isnt bad...a power user ll only change his phone when a better-specced newer verson arrives(probably a year after) or when d fone is overused and can no longer meet his demand.......even a white man dosnt change his fone every 2mths
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by maxdozie(m): 11:55am On Sep 02, 2015
Sometimes I wish am Andy of Gizchina.com ...

That dude uses over 1million phone in a yr ...
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by timbros(m): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
If you use an upgradeable device, you won't be changing devices everytime.

I bought my tab as android 4.2 JB. With time I upgraded to 4.3, then 4.4 KK. Now I am using a 5.0 lollipop OS.

Each time I upgrade, it feels like I bought a new device.
Re: Finally!!! You've Bought The Phone, And You've Seen A Better One. What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
timbros:
If you use an upgradeable device, you won't be changing devices everytime.

I bought my tab as android 4.2 JB. With time I upgraded to 4.3, then 4.4 KK. Now I am using a 5.0 lollipop OS.

Each time I upgrade, it feels like I bought a new device.

You are very right...that's what I intend doing too...I'm done changing phones too... it's unreasonable...mine is even every month..

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Introduces New Code To Activate, Deactivate Unsolicited Messages / Meet ‘blackberry Neon’ Android Smartphone – Specs And Photos / Latest: Airtel Blackberry 6GB For N1500: Usable On All Device.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.