Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Data Base Connection (Hosting A MS Access Database) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Data Base Connection (Hosting A MS Access Database) (825 Views)

Problem With Connecting Access Database To VB.NET / Microsoft Access Database - Please Help Me / How To Deploy Application With Access Database In Vb.net 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Data Base Connection (Hosting A MS Access Database) by FMK(m): 6:44am On Apr 02, 2009
Gents,

I built a Programme using Microsoft Access but i need to connect this Programme to my website to make it available to a network connection what can I do after uploading the .mdb file to my domain and start using it. i am using virtual dadicate server as hosting plan.
Re: Data Base Connection (Hosting A MS Access Database) by Seun(m): 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2009
MS Access is not designed to be used on the Internet, although you can manage it on a LAN. You should rewrite your application using MS SQL server as the database, if possible. What kind of program is it?
Re: Data Base Connection (Hosting A MS Access Database) by ThePhantom(m): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2009
Actually, Seun you can use MS Access on the web, but only to store your data. if you wrote any VBA code for the database you will not be able to use it. You can use it with ASP or ASP.net. If you are going to use MS access on the web I will advice you to encrypt the data and save the database somewhere not easily accessed.
Re: Data Base Connection (Hosting A MS Access Database) by BlkRaven(f): 1:19pm On Apr 10, 2009
I agree with Seun - Access is not designed for use on the internet. If you have more than one concurrent user, you are bound to end up with performance problems or corrupt data.

I think it's always better to use a scalable database system like SQL Server or MySQL. MS Access is best for standalone applications.

(1) (Reply)

Visual Basic 2005 Ebook? / . / Txtweb App2fame Contest For Developers In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.