Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions (30724 Views)

Anglican Bishop Drags 3 Priests To Court / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video) / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Jeromejnr(m): 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
HerexG:
Christianity a white man scam

Your brain too is a scam of nature.
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by 247notire(m): 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
azzima:
You mean the same PRIEST HOOD that's so full of Paedophiles such that it took the Vatican many years before they were COMPELLED to re-open cases that were swept under the rugs by them. Sad that human being don't use their brain anymore.
That there are bad priests doesn't negate what I just said and doesn't also mean all priests are bad. That thr are bad humans doesn't mean the human race is bad as a whole. Get it into ur thick skull.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by morbeta(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Catholic with their there dogmatic ways, my bible says only jesus forgives sins and the only way to life everlasting. How come catholic priest are the ones to forgive sin even the ones with are part of. Na nwa oooooo
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by loomer: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
I no even know how priest take dey forgive sin
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Jeromejnr(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Octaves:
#catholicforlife.
Protestants keep waddling in ignorance

Ignorance of praying to Mary and angels. And also bowing down to statues

I prefer that type of ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Ikpewe: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
So are the priest the right people to forgive one sin? That absolute nonsense.
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by stasius: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
This is not a license to commit abortion! It is and remains murder!
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by morbeta(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Catholic with their there dogmatic ways, my bible says only jesus forgives sins and the only way to life everlasting. How come catholic priest are the ones to forgive sin even the ones they are part of. Na nwa oooooo
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by azzima(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jennydoris:

Priests are the God we see here on earth. Just like you see God in other people so do we see God in the priests. The priest is a mediator between us and God.
So those Paedophile Priests are God right are you people really human beings with BRAINS? ?.See as dem dey talk like Robots.
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by bilulu(m): 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
Catholics why do you seek forgiveness from a priest instead of from God
dey don't seek forgiveness from priest rather dey seek forgiveness through dem...... dey act as an intercessor...... like Christ said go out n preach d world whose sins u forgive dey re forgiven n whose sins u retain dey re retain
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by azzima(m): 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Thank you oooo.
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Bonapart(m): 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Pope FFranis the devil
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by HerexG(m): 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Your brain too is a scam of nature.

See you too re sold out to that western scam, because of it you insult ur brother man. Can't we Africans open our intellectual and study more indebt about this scam they call religion
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
Stephansmily:
Hey, y'all asking why we confess to a priest shud check -James 5:16 “Therefore, confess your sins to one another,
and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The
effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
the "one another" can be anybody, not necessarily a priest.
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Eluwilussit(m): 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
RemyMartins:
It's getting harder by the day to determine what is wrong from good. Post like this makes one ponder if the heaven that was believed by the old is still the heaven we are aiming for. Or has the heavenly standards been amended?

Brother, you have spoken well. God bless you. It is obvious we are in the last days. Our Lord warned us of these things. Everything that we see today, is expected to come to pass. What we are complaining about and condemning today, will be perfectly normal in the next 50 yrs, if the Lord tarries.

I feel very sorry for the future generations. The future is so bleak. It's gonna be harder to be a believer then. Faith in Christ is waning. God is not in the plan of the world. Thankfully, the world is in God's plan. He will erect a barrier btw his people and the unbelievers. At the end of the day, like nairalanders like to say, "Godwin". grin grin grin
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by ronald4lif(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
raayah:
I am happy about this news.
Formally catholic women who aborted where excommunicated from the church.

Thanks to this great news, the woman can fully confess to the priests and the will not be removed from the church.

A step in the right direction!

Wow. How lucky of them to have been liberated from superstitious baloney which is the root of the problem we all face and embrace a sensible ideology based on non secular rational empiricism?

The adherence to the belief in magic sky fairies and their zombie resurrectionist necromancer offspring don't really deserve a place in the twenty-first century. I implore young ladies of the Catholicism faith to repudiate this order from the pope and stick to the status quo.

Thankfully, I've excommunicated myself, else I'd have pleaded with the priests to be ostracised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by stasius: 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I will proudly pray to her daily. #Proudly a catholic#
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
So the pope now forgives sins and also delegates sin forgiving responsibilities to others grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is this ignorance or lack of knowledge of the scriptures or deliberate distortion of the scriptures?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by emmyw(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
missKiffy:
Please read the Bible and understand it better.
John 20:21-23New International Version
(NIV)

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As
the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”
22 And with that he breathed on them and
said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you
forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven;
if you do not forgive them, they are not
forgiven.”

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Jeromejnr(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
HerexG:

See you too re sold out to that western scam, because of it you insult ur brother man. Can't we Africans open our intellectual and study more indebt about this scam they call religion

My broda, if not for the experiences I have had, I would have called it a scam.

Its not a scam, it works.
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Barywhyte(m): 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
adesegun121:
End time pope

Yes! A time is coming when the beast will demand for outright worship as contained in the book of Revelation. Now that's the first step and United state will support this beast with everything they have. They have been rebuilding the beast called "The Mother of Whores" since 1798. The beast crushed by Luther will rise again with the help of US and will call himself God and demand that the whole world worship him. Time is short! Bible prophecies unfolding right before us! #AntiChrist coming from Europe
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by raayah(f): 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
mediachirps:
Are you after making it to church or heaven/paradise?

How will removing people from the church make people go to heaven?

Jesus did not condemn sinners, you shouldn't either.
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by tranxo(m): 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
raayah:
Pope Francis will allow priests discretion to absolve women who have had abortions if they seek forgiveness during the upcoming Holy Year beginning Dec. 8, the Vatican announced in a statement Tuesday.

"One of the serious problems of our time is clearly the changed relationship with respect to life," the pope wrote in the English-language version of his letter, in which he described the "existential and moral ordeal" of women who have chosen to terminate their pregnancies.
Remarking that he has met with many women who have faced this decision, Francis said that women "who bear in their heart the scar of this agonizing and painful decision" deserve the forgiveness of God if they seek it.

"The forgiveness of God cannot be denied to one who has repented, especially when that person approaches the Sacrament of Confession with a sincere heart in order to obtain reconciliation with the Father," Francis wrote.

"For this reason too, I have decided, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, to concede to all priests for the Jubilee Year the discretion to absolve of the sin of abortion those who have procured it and who, with contrite heart, seek forgiveness for it," the pontiff went on. "May priests fulfil this great task by expressing words of genuine welcome combined with a reflection that explains the gravity of the sin committed, besides indicating a path of authentic conversion by which to obtain the true and generous forgiveness of the Father who renews all with his presence."
The latest message comes weeks before the pope is set to visit the United States, where the debate over the legal status of abortion has continued for more than 40 years since the Supreme Court's decision inRoe v. Wade, and has intensified in recent months with videos showing Planned Parenthood officials discussing the donation of tissues from aborted fetuses.

While he's in the U.S., Francis will stop in Washington, D.C., and New York before traveling to Philadelphia.
Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush weighed in on Francis' statement on Tuesday morning, saying that he was not surprised and that "we could all use a lot of mercy in this world."

"I hope that we also focus on mercy for the unborn, the hundreds of thousands of babies that will die," the former governor of Florida said in a Fox News interview. "I think we need to have a society that protects life from the beginning to end, and we should be a repentant society, for sure."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/pope-francis-abortion-forgive-women-213210#ixzz3kVT6JAiR

[size=4pt]cc : Lalasticala, seun, ishilove[/size]
Forgiveness comes from God alone and not any man. A sinner cannot forgive a sinner......For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by emmyw(m): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
byrron:
So the pope now forgives sins and also delegates sin forgiving responsibilities to others grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is this ignorance or lack of knowledge of the scriptures or deliberate distortion of the scriptures?
Only if you truly understand the scripture;

John 20:21-23

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As
the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”

22 And with that he breathed on them and
said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven;
if you do not forgive them, they are not
forgiven.”

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Jennydoris(f): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
azzima:
So those Paedophile Priests are God right are you people really human beings with BRAINS? ?.See as dem dey talk like Robots.

Think whatever you like and say what you want.. Its a free world it won't change the fact of what I said before. And why are you this embittered about catholics and their priests? You are not a catholic so leave us to worry about who we ask for forgiveness from.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by mediachirps(m): 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2015
raayah:

How will removing people from the church make people go to heaven?

Jesus did not condemn sinners, you shouldn't either.
if you don't understand, you can ask for an explanation

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by funkybully(f): 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2015
[s]
missKiffy:
[/s]

Catholics don't seek forgiveness from priests but God.

The confession formulae says " Forgive me lord......" not forgive me priest. u need a priest to admonish u and counsel u on ways to avoid returning to same sin in d future. Then absolve u in line with Biblical injunction of any sin u forgive on earth is forgiven in heaven.

Then there is a clause, only if u had genuine repentance. the priest may absolve u but u r not forgiven cos u had a bad confession.

Most Pentecostal now have counselling office and some do public confession. Yet attack Catholics.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by emmyw(m): 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
tranxo:
Forgiveness comes from God alone and not any man. A sinner cannot forgive a sinner......For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
Brother, please read the bold part and digest it, God is the only one that forgive sin which we know, then read John 20:21-23

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by xnowball1984(m): 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
Pope Francis will allow priests discretion to absolve women who have had abortions if they seek forgiveness during the upcoming Holy Year beginning Dec. 8, the Vatican announced in a statement Tuesday.

"One of the serious problems of our time is clearly the changed relationship with respect to life," the pope wrote in the English-language version of his letter, in which he described the "existential and moral ordeal" of women who have chosen to terminate their pregnancies.
Remarking that he has met with many women who have faced this decision, Francis said that women "who bear in their heart the scar of this agonizing and painful decision" deserve the forgiveness of God if they seek it.

"The forgiveness of God cannot be denied to one who has repented, especially when that person approaches the Sacrament of Confession with a sincere heart in order to obtain reconciliation with the Father," Francis wrote.

"For this reason too, I have decided, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, to concede to all priests for the Jubilee Year the discretion to absolve of the sin of abortion those who have procured it and who, with contrite heart, seek forgiveness for it," the pontiff went on. "May priests fulfil this great task by expressing words of genuine welcome combined with a reflection that explains the gravity of the sin committed, besides indicating a path of authentic conversion by which to obtain the true and generous forgiveness of the Father who renews all with his presence."
The latest message comes weeks before the pope is set to visit the United States, where the debate over the legal status of abortion has continued for more than 40 years since the Supreme Court's decision inRoe v. Wade, and has intensified in recent months with videos showing Planned Parenthood officials discussing the donation of tissues from aborted fetuses.

While he's in the U.S., Francis will stop in Washington, D.C., and New York before traveling to Philadelphia.
Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush weighed in on Francis' statement on Tuesday morning, saying that he was not surprised and that "we could all use a lot of mercy in this world."

"I hope that we also focus on mercy for the unborn, the hundreds of thousands of babies that will die," the former governor of Florida said in a Fox News interview. "I think we need to have a society that protects life from the beginning to end, and we should be a repentant society, for sure."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/pope-francis-abortion-forgive-women-213210#ixzz3kVT6JAiR

[size=4pt]cc : Lalasticala, seun, ishilove[/size][/quote]
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by missionmex(m): 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
If God don forgive u, pope own na play...... As in I mean useless.
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
Why the heck do I need a man to forgive me when God has done that? Lol, this is laughable
Re: Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions by emmyw(m): 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
Busari132:
If that is d case , ladies go abort tire b4 dec 8 since they will b. Forgiven
if you truly understand the post, he didn't suggest that women should carry on with abortion, instead, he said that women that had abortion, that their sin should be forgiven if they seek it from the lord. Please read the bold part.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. / Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / "God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.