Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Freelander By Landrover Is It A Good Buy? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Freelander By Landrover Is It A Good Buy? (917 Views)

T's Garage (landrover And Cars) / Is Golf 4 (manual Gear) A Good Buy? / Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model (2) (3) (4)

Freelander By Landrover Is It A Good Buy? by qkman: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2009
I am contemplating on buying a 2007 Landrover Freelander and somewhere somehow I really want to know various opinions and experience about the ride.
Re: Freelander By Landrover Is It A Good Buy? by promise72(m): 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2009
stay away as far as u can! very problematic!
Re: Freelander By Landrover Is It A Good Buy? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2009
Any car that runs the Rover K-series engine, you'd be wise to stay away.
The K-series block has an unhealthy appetite for head gaskets, and cylinder heads.

The K-series engines are available in:

1,1, 1,4, 1,6, 1,8 and 2,0 (I4)
2,5 and 2,0 (V6)

None of those engines are any good.
The only Rovers worth having are the Honda-engined models, like the Rover 600 / 800 series.

I've got a feeling, despite my advice, you'll still go ahead and get the Freelander regardless, so I wish you luck.
Re: Freelander By Landrover Is It A Good Buy? by promise72(m): 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
Siena:

Any car that runs the Rover K-series engine, you'd be wise to stay away.
The K-series block has an unhealthy appetite for head gaskets, and cylinder heads.

The K-series engines are available in:

1,1, 1,4, 1,6, 1,8 and 2,0 (I4)
2,5 and 2,0 (V6)

None of those engines are any good.
The only Rovers worth having are the Honda-engined models, like the Rover 600 / 800 series.

I've got a feeling, despite my advice, you'll still go ahead and get the Freelander regardless, so I wish you luck.

Unfortunately, in Nigeria not a whole lots of info is available on vehicles' reliability. Flashy trumps substance any day. Reminds me of early 90's with the introduction of "Daewoo Racer". Total junks!
Re: Freelander By Landrover Is It A Good Buy? by qkman: 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2009
Thanx,what about a mercury marina 2008?
Re: Freelander By Landrover Is It A Good Buy? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2009
promise72:

Unfortunately, in Nigeria not a whole lots of information is available on vehicles' reliability. Flashy trumps substance any day. Reminds me of early 90's with the introduction of "Daewoo Racer".  Total junks!

grin grin undecided lipsrsealed Haba! I dey laugh with you eh, Promise?
Wetin you dey do for here - you get time to dey post, eh? When e be say you get assignment to find my moto?

Abeg, find me VW SP2 jare!  grin cheesy
Re: Freelander By Landrover Is It A Good Buy? by promise72(m): 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2009
Siena:

grin grin undecided lipsrsealed Haba! I dey laugh with you eh, Promise?
Wetin you dey do for here - you get time to dey post, eh? When e be say you get assignment to find my moto?

Abeg, find me VW SP2 jare! grin cheesy

Patience is the key word. with persistence and luck. it will be possible. I am sure its out here somewhere. cool

1995 Mazda 626 Advise Needed / Where Can I Exchange My 2002 Used Nissan Pathfinder For A Baby Boy / What Is The Best Type Of Spark Plug And Engine Oil For Mazda 626 2.0 Engine?