Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) (5943 Views)

Know Your Hair Type And Grow More Than One Inch Weekly / The Hair Typing System - What Is Your Hair Type? / Is It Normal Or Am I Da Only One Who Experience This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
Over the past year, my hair texture has changed to a larger curl. I don't do relaxers or braids, usually just wear my hair as it is or maybe straighten it. I think it is changing types because it is growing longer, but I really am not sure. If anyone can help me classify my hair type and what I can do to seal in moisture that would be lovely. As you can see from the before and after pics, my curls are noticeably larger and my hair is smoother. Coconut oil doesn't do anything for me and raw Shea is too heavy and clogs my hair. Thanks
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
1 year ago

Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
1 yr ago

Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by ATMC(f): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Kinky.
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Now

Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by marieolae(f): 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Your have a 4c coily/kinky texture.
Jamaican castor oil is good for your edges, you can apply at night before you sleep for the best results. I'd also recommend ALoe Vera oil & tea tree oil, mix these two together and massage it on your scalp for 10 minutes. Avoid using shampoos that contain sulphate, because it strips the hair off its natural oils. Co -washing is more advisable. smiley
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
Now

Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
ATMC:
Kinky.

Yes I know it's kinky but I'm looking for something more specific since it went from one type of kinky to another
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2015
marieolae:
Jamaican castor oil is good for your edges, you can apply at night before you sleep for the best results. I'd also recommend ALoe Vera oil & tea tree oil, mix these two together and massage it on your scalp for 10 minutes. Avoid using shampoos that contain sulphate, because it strips the hair off its natural oils. Co -washing is more advisable. smiley

Hi thanks for your advice. Have you seen the photos of my hair now? I don't believe that it is 4c any longer. I'm looking for new ways to maintain. Pls help! :-)
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by marieolae(f): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2015
Okay i can see. It looks more like a 4a texture. Do you deep condition your hair? If you want to mantain your hair you cant leave it out all the time..you have to learn how to do protective styles.
Lovelyaku:

Hi thanks for your advice. Have you seen the photos of my hair now? I don't believe that it is 4c any longer. I'm looking for new ways to maintain. Pls help! :-)
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
marieolae:
Okay i can see. It looks more like a 4a texture. Do you deep condition your hair? If you want to mantain your hair you cant leave it out all the time..you have to learn how to do protective styles.

I don't deep condition and I don't know any protective styles. Any suggestions? Whether it is a website or if you have any personal advice thanks
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by marieolae(f): 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
Okay basically protective styles are worn by girls with natural hair to protect the ends of their hair from the atmosphere. It also protects the hair from damage whilst your hair grows. It's the best way to maintain your type of hair along with the oils I suggested to keep your hair hydrated.

These are some pictures of protective styles that you can do..

You can also do your research..
Lovelyaku:

I don't deep condition and I don't know any protective styles. Any suggestions? Whether it is a website or if you have any personal advice thanks

4 Likes

Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by pretydiva(f): 1:27am On Sep 02, 2015
Luv ur hair op

2 Likes

Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 3:00am On Sep 02, 2015
pretydiva:
Luv ur hair op

Thanks smiley
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by anathemiamia(f): 12:00am On Sep 11, 2015
what could possibly have caused your texture to change
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
anathemiamia:
what could possibly have caused your texture to change

My mom always said her hair texture changed and her curl is much looser now than it was when she was a child. So maybe it is that, but I'll admit i never believed her nor did I believe hair can change texture Also, my curls were larger when they were wet in my "last year" pics and would shrink to less than half the size by the time it was dry. So it may have had something to do with how I was moisturizing it then vs how I do it now. Although, my hair still gets very dry now.. So I'm really not sure.
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by anathemiamia(f): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Lovelyaku:

My mom always said her hair texture changed and her curl is much looser now than it was when she was a child. So maybe it is that, but I'll admit i never believed her nor did I believe hair can change texture Also, my curls were larger when they were wet in my "last year" pics and would shrink to less than half the size by the time it was dry. So it may have had something to do with how I was moisturizing it then vs how I do it now. Although, my hair still gets very dry now.. So I'm really not sure.

so What's your routine like? do you do protective styles often
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
anathemiamia:

so What's your routine like? do you do protective styles often

No, but I have been looking into them. I'm no good at styling so it will take me time to learn embarassed. Right now I wash my hair quite often like every other day because that is the easiest and most effective way to moisturize my hair at the moment. I usually use conditioner and only shampoo once every one or two weeks. I put leave in conditioner in while my hair is still wet and I finger comb it. That's about it really.
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by preizton(m): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2015
marieolae:
Please where can I get aloe vera oil in Abuja?
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by marieolae(f): 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
Sorry I wouldn't know..I don't live in Nigeria.
Why not go into any hair shop around and check... smiley
preizton:
Please where can I get aloe vera oil in Abuja?
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by pbs4real(m): 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
marieolae:
Sorry I wouldn't know..I don't live in Nigeria.
Why not go into any hair shop around and check... smiley
so wre do u live? undecided
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by marieolae(f): 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Outta space undecided
pbs4real:
so wre do u live? undecided
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by pbs4real(m): 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
marieolae:
Outta space undecided
bae c'mon it's me oooh,u shldnt be doing this to me,u mah main gee grin
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 16, 2015
Dat looks like a 4a
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 16, 2015
3c to 4a. Definately not 4b or 4c, or 3a, b. Ur hair is lovely, how long have u been natural?
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
Sharliex:
3c to 4a. Definately not 4b or 4c, or 3a, b. Ur hair is lovely, how long have u been natural?

Thank you. It's been 4 years. Any moisturizing tips?
Re: What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2015
Water should be the base of any moisturizer u want to use. If u don't have a water based moisturizer, spritz/dampen ur hair with water-don't make it too wet, then use a light oil of your choice( e.g: olive oil, argan oil, castor oil) to seal moisture in.

(1) (Reply)

Trending Ghana Weaving Styles 2019 That Is So Cute / Nine West’s “amrit” Boots Are In Vogue This Fall / Check Out Kids With Mind Blowing Long Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.